Verified:

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

May 19th 2010, 16:24:21

Ignore the majority of these asshats. You have done a fine job of keeping this game going. The silent majority truly appreciate your efforts. You don't owe us explanations for changing the code midgame, and it's not up to you to keep SoL from cheating. You don't owe us objectivity in politics within the game - you saved it so you could be players! You don't owe us even the opportunity to play, but you've given it to us anyway. You are doing a remarkable, commendable job staying on top of things, deleting blatant multirunners, doing your best to fix things when you make mistakes, keeping us all in the loop and continually soliciting (and actually accepting) feedback. Well done.

Now, if you could just fix my BC site for the team server all would be well. ;P
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

DeathRider Game profile

May 19th 2010, 16:54:46

here here!

AoS Game profile

May 19th 2010, 17:21:38

Well, it is up to them to keep SoL from cheating, but otherwise...yeah.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

LeftyHa8er Game profile

May 19th 2010, 17:35:01

Agreed

mrford Game profile

May 19th 2010, 17:36:38

Awwwwwwwww

Vic is a big softy
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 17:51:18

what's wrong with your boxcar site?

I gotta push through some apps today now that I have a little more time :-/
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Marshal Game profile

May 19th 2010, 18:28:05

he can't use his site.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 19:06:21

:)

Sometimes I think I should play more than just alliance, so I notice things going on in other servers, and can test across more reset lengths and whatnot.... but I just don't have time for that at the moment =(
Finally did the signature thing.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 19:10:42

ya, same... i wish I could play more too

I had to cut it down to just Alliance, and I was planning on scaling that back as well after this set

but thanks for the kind words :) we know that the community is generally behind us... and even those who flame/hate us still support the game moving forward... and they have to believe we're better than old admins :p

I just want to emphasize once again that we make a clear distinction between playing the game and admining/developing the game. We're very aware of how we could completely screw the game over if we just build it to tailor to our style of play. We don't want that... where's the challenge in that? :p

All we want to do is make this game a better place for all of the players, because like others have said, we're players too, and it's fun when everyone can have a good time and enjoy the game.

Edited By: Pangaea on May 19th 2010, 19:13:48
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

llaar Game profile

May 19th 2010, 19:25:55

the admins here are good people :)

TAN Game profile

May 19th 2010, 19:45:13

I WANT MY WAY!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

mrford Game profile

May 19th 2010, 20:46:06

/me bans tan
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Marthaen Game profile

May 19th 2010, 20:52:25

*wonders where the political excitement of the boards will come from with TAN gone*

Watcher, your initial reasoning only applies if you are saying the majority of the community are asshats. He just says to ignore the majority of the asshats (my guess is he is getting special favors from the minority he wants listened to) so I take that to mean just the whiners, not the rest of us...

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 19th 2010, 22:09:08

I think the bigger implication is that Vic wants us to listen to some of the asshats who hate us.... just not all of them.

I'm going to choose to listen to whoever made that pang=mike tyson post... because at least that thread had face tattoos in it, and nothing says class like a tattoo on your face.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

ZIP Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:21:37

my wife thinks i am an asshat some days does that count?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

cypress Game profile

May 20th 2010, 0:47:53

Definitely not!

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

May 20th 2010, 1:31:27

Posting on AT = asshat. Sorry for any confusion.

;P
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Marthaen Game profile

May 20th 2010, 11:52:56

=O

I'm an Asshat?! Man, I never knew =(