Verified:

Neil Game profile

May 21st 2019, 14:10:40

Well the show is over.

So we don't need to kill #266 for spoilers and also LaF can net and not have to fight when #349 would have gone crazy and started a war.

I liked the ending.

Chevs

May 21st 2019, 20:56:11

alot of crazy feminazis didnt like it
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Oceana Game profile

May 21st 2019, 21:33:50

Jon Snow got sent back to the wall.... but didnt the wall get destroyed... and if the dead are gone what is he guarding them from there?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 21st 2019, 23:25:49

Only a section of the wall got destroyed. You see it in every credit.

I think what we liked about the show was that nothing turned out the way we wanted, there were steps forward and steps backward.

Some people died that had to die and some people died that we didnt know. The ending was too good, too hollywood, way too little Game of Thrones. "And everyone lived happily ever after" is the fastest way to end it, its the sensible way to end it, but it doesnt feel like the Game of Thrones we all fell for years ago. What got us stuck with it was that Khal Drogo got a deadly infection over a pointless fight, that our favourite characters died at the red wedding and that Arya was made blind and Theon was mutilated.. We loved to hate Cercei and Jamie from the start and then realized at least that Jamie had two sides. In the final episode no one had two sides. Everyone was just good or bad.

That said I'm glad I saw the final season and they did tie up lose ends in a very efficient manner in just 6 episodes and pay off a lot of things they foreshadowed. It felt stressed tho. Im mostly puzzled by the choice to do it in 6 episodes instead of say 10.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2019, 23:30:59

They will rebuild the wall and the wildlings will pay for it.
Just shut up and have another beer

bug03 Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 0:24:31

Solicialized healthcare for all

Lord Tarnava Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 1:06:48

the last season was trash. Possibly the most disappointed I've ever been over a show/movie etc

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

May 22nd 2019, 2:03:54

Originally posted by beerdrinker75:
They will rebuild the wall and the wildlings will pay for it.

https://youtu.be/-sSnPCUd2WM
Catch me on ir c

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 22nd 2019, 5:37:21

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
the last season was trash. Possibly the most disappointed I've ever been over a show/movie etc

Then you had too high expectations. There had been a steady decline in the dialogue and the story since season 5 or so. I think it all started when Barristan Selmy died (This I think was the first big mistake of the writers, tho it may have been forced upon them by contractual issues).

May 22nd 2019, 6:00:28

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:

Then you had too high expectations. There had been a steady decline in the dialogue and the story since season 5 or so. I think it all started when Barristan Selmy died (This I think was the first big mistake of the writers, tho it may have been forced upon them by contractual issues).

I actually went in expecting to be let down

And was let down below my expectations

Although, Avengers Endgame rising up and being spectacular, during the same time, may be clouding a true rating

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 22nd 2019, 6:19:32

I have seen Avengers Endgame twice on the cinema. It was epic. I really hope it beats Avatars box office, because that was a really bad movie.

Rasp Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 13:32:08

#349 died. :(
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

May 22nd 2019, 15:03:19

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I have seen Avengers Endgame twice on the cinema. It was epic. I really hope it beats Avatars box office, because that was a really bad movie.

I got choked up several times and that never happens. My girlfriend cried numerous times both viewings (we went twice will maybe to a 3rd)

I didn’t like avatar at all, either

Neil Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 15:53:03

Had to happen Rasp, no one wants happy endings

Rasp Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 16:56:29

#266 will be next to die.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 22nd 2019, 17:02:04

Originally posted by Neil:
Had to happen Rasp, no one wants happy endings

Then why do you frequent the back alley massage spa?

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Deisal Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 18:58:49

So the best option they could come up with was having the guy who can have no heir on the throne? So now when Bran dies in a decade or two with no heir, and the "kingdoms" are rebuilt finally you can be certain they will devolve into a bloody drawn out war to see which house gets the throne??

Furthermore, the north, who has wanted nothing for the last thousand years or whatever, except to be ruled by a northerner/Stark. Gets a true born Stark on the throne, and the idea is that the northmen wont accept that??

I could probably go along with some of the decisions that were made this final season(some of them) but cramming all of it into 6 episodes was terrible idea. At minimum it needed a full length season.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 22nd 2019, 19:08:51

Its a hollywood ending. "everyone lived happily ever after". its the only thing they had time for if they wanted to end the story, which I'm not sure was needed anyhow.

Rasp Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 21:16:46

/begin rant

Jon Snow was a Targaryen ... For no fluffing reason.

Cersei got pregnant ... For no fluffing reason.

Euron thought he was going to be a father ... For no fluffing reason.

Euron and his men had no problem shooting down Rhaegal but his entire fleet and Kings Landing couldn't land a hit on the much bigger Drogon ... For no fluffing reason.

Yara hid at the Iron Islands during the battle at King's Landing ... For no fluffing reason.

Bran became the 3 eyed Raven ... For no fluffing reason.

Dany did amazing things setting folks free for 8 straight seasons ... For no fluffing reason.

Arya goes to Kings Landing ... For no fluffing reason.

The directors made a big deal about the white horse saving Arya ... For no fluffing reason.

Everyone you wanted to die died ... For no fluffing reason.

Melisandre walks out into the field and turns to dust ... For no fluffing reason.

Bran Stark is a character no one cares about for 8 seasons becomes king ... For no fluffing reason.

Jon returns to the Wall even though everyone who wants him dead leave King's Landing ... For no fluffing reason.

I've watched GoT since 2011 ... For no fluffing reason.

/end rant

Edited By: Rasp on May 22nd 2019, 21:22:35. Reason: more more more!
See Original Post

Boltar Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 21:26:34

one of the biggest things that puzzles me. when jon snow is locked up.. why not play his get out of jail free card... hes the rightful heir to the throne not his crazy hot and crazy minded aunt

[IX]Mobster

May 22nd 2019, 21:42:30

They should have had Jon demand trial by combat against Grey Worm. Would have been 10000x better.

Boltar Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 22:06:51

Originally posted by [IX]Mobster:
They should have had Jon demand trial by combat against Grey Worm. Would have been 10000x better.

would have been awesome

trumpoz Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 22:46:17

Jon Snow was a Targaryen ... For no fluffing reason. - well it was. This was one of the catalysts for Denerys reverting to 'The Mad Queen'

Cersei got pregnant ... For no fluffing reason. Agreed

Euron thought he was going to be a father ... For no fluffing reason. - it is called manipulation of a character.

Euron and his men had no problem shooting down Rhaegal but his entire fleet and Kings Landing couldn't land a hit on the much bigger Drogon ... For no fluffing reason. - agreed this kinda didnt make sense, except for the fact that the 2nd time they didnt have the element of surprise.

Yara hid at the Iron Islands during the battle at King's Landing ... For no fluffing reason.

Bran became the 3 eyed Raven ... For no fluffing reason. -it was always pointing to this, particularly given that Jon Snow would never be king.

Dany did amazing things setting folks free for 8 straight seasons ... For no fluffing reason - it was setting up a 'good' character for a fall. The idea that power corrupts blah blah.

Arya goes to Kings Landing ... For no fluffing reason - the dragon got there first.

The directors made a big deal about the white horse saving Arya ... For no fluffing reason - no idea why.

Everyone you wanted to die died ... For no fluffing reason - one of the things I liked is that no-one was 'safe'.

Melisandre walks out into the field and turns to dust ... For no fluffing reason - to die.

Bran Stark is a character no one cares about for 8 seasons becomes king ... For no fluffing reason - see above.

Jon returns to the Wall even though everyone who wants him dead leave King's Landing ... For no fluffing reason - with Bran Stark as king it is integroty.

I've watched GoT since 2011 ... For no fluffing reason. - same but I enjoyed it

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

May 23rd 2019, 1:38:32

When I was a kid we watched shows, and they did whatever they wanted and we just thought it was great.

The biggest problem today - entitlement.

"WAAAH I want the show to do this or that"

Shut the fluff up and write your own show.

/rant