Verified:

MILORD Game profile

Nov 22nd 2020, 20:51:12

Good time of the day, dear players!
Many of you wonder why there are not many players in the game. And the answer is simple: - Large clans put pressure on small ones ...
I think it would be fair to write a few lines about the incident that happened between the Russia and the Mercenaries clan.
We are a peaceful recruiting clan Russia, created this clan in the hope of attracting players from Russia. We played honestly, I even signed up for a premium subscription to support the game financially.
It is unclear why a player from a mercenary clan made 2 standard attacks on our clan. This could not be an accident, # 415 made these attacks demonstratively!
My country developed for the top. It was not profitable for me to play ping pong from standard attacks, with aggressive people.
We responded to two attacks of the aggressor with one attack with a retal. Retal made No. 127.
Then I also made 1 attack, but in a different country of this clan. My attack was not a retal, but a statement that there is no need to beat countries that are in the top 10.
There were no pacts or agreements between our clans.
But it would be noble on the part of a large clan of mercenaries not to allow their aggressive players to attack small clans.
I was also surprised when an already large clan of Mercenaries took advantage of the help of the SoF and Elders clan and a series of espionage operations of unmarked countries.
This is wrong guys.
born in the USSR

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2020, 21:05:08

2 things.

1st off, glad we learned a lesson about having allies. When you have allies, you are stronger.

Secondly, topfeeding us and dropping land to "teach us a lesson" was always going to result in your death. If I want to teach a lesson to one of my members, I will do it myself.

If you had contacted us about the original hits, I would have approved 3 retals and given you a thousand acres more than you lost. Instead you chose to topfeed a random other member and drop land to escape a retal.

Rather than trying to make anything right, you chose to make everyone wrong. I hope you learned next time to contact us for retals before attempting to topfeed other members, dropping land and getting yourself killed.

MILORD Game profile

Nov 22nd 2020, 21:48:23

Okay, I understand your position!
For 1 standard attack from our side, you destroyed a clan and attracted 2 more clans to this event! Are you planning to continue the destruction?

Yes, in fairness, I must add, for 1 standard attack, followed by my destruction, my land.
I hope you are not embarrassed that we will publicly discuss this issue? In public, there are some pluses.

Edited By: MILORD on Nov 22nd 2020, 22:06:42
See Original Post
born in the USSR

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2020, 23:22:53

That's fine.

You got hit twice for ~2200 acres. If you contact me first I will almost always give you back double that. I'm very generous when a tag I'm in hits players like you. If you had taken 3 retals and not contacted me, I would have assumed escalating retals of 1:1 for the first hit and 2:1 on the second hit which is customary. Because of the nature of that being standard, I'd say all's fair.

I will, however, kill any country that hits my tag, drops acres to 5k and starts destocking to avoid retals. Further, if you don't retal the country that hit you, and choose to hit other members of the tag, I can't help you anymore. Anyone here will tell you those are considered separate. We did owe you retals, but since you decided to hit other countries instead of the offender, we had no choice but to respond to protect our other members.

There are several different ways you could have gone about this that didnt involve you ruining others sets because someone hit you. Again, I'm very generous with people who follow the standards or contact before taking retals.

People here will tell you that I will drop all my defense to allow retals against my tag. I will run a solo country to pay reps for transgressions. I'm a really really generous FA when I dont have some 2 member clan telling me I need to accept topfeeds and land dropping to escape retals. Just never gonna happen.

You probably could have gotten away with killing the country that hit you, but as soon as you started hitting other members of the tag, you've signed a death warrant.

If any piece of wisdom holds true over the years of this game, it's that might makes you right. If you are going to make retaliation rules of your own, you better have the strength to enforce them. And literally no one will back you up hitting people who never hit you, dropping acres and destocking to avoid retaliation.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Nov 22nd 2020, 23:35:33
See Original Post

MILORD Game profile

Nov 23rd 2020, 0:17:55

Okay, your words sound convincing. You had to protect your top players, which you did! I thought about my action, I think you are right, I needed to first create a dialogue with you before retaliating.
Now let's talk about the present tense! Will we keep going or will we stop? ! Your online, will allow you to destroy my country, immediately after leaving the defense, but I will have time to go through, for example, spies and tanks, in some countries. It's not constructive. I want to offer peace.
born in the USSR

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 1:07:38

/me grabs the popcorn
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

daspheebsie Game profile

Nov 23rd 2020, 3:15:36

*steals KOH's popcorn*
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 3:51:27

Ahhh I'm getting old KoH. No popcorn necessary. Show seems over.

We are happy to hear you understand and look forward to better communication in the future. Good luck finding more russian players as well. Would be cool to see some of the old Mars crew running around.

And as a side note from me instead of us, sorry you were provoked into this action. It is hard when you feel targeted not to want to respond, and in the same situation I might have done the same thing. Glad cooler heads can prevail.

Good luck and many fortunes in the future Astral, hopefully you can get that top ten.

Also, tell your teammate I said hello and I hope it's not getting too cold up in the north working on the fields for him. Hope he isnt missing the south too bad haha. He's a good one. :)

Edited By: DerrickICN on Nov 23rd 2020, 3:55:57
See Original Post

MILORD Game profile

Nov 23rd 2020, 4:29:44

Thank you for understanding ! For my part, I promise not to repeat my mistakes. Also, I want to apologize to the players who had nothing to do with it! Yo Text Me for a Killrun (# 240) - Sorry! I will not promise, but I will try to gain land and return it to you in this set!
Good luck everyone !
born in the USSR

Goofy Game profile

Nov 23rd 2020, 5:17:31

Hehehe, I remember I did something like this as a n00b to Armageddon, except I didn't drop the land, and they never retalled me for a cross tag hit. Man those were the days.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 5:30:59

Yeahhhh I've done this too lol. I got killed tho rofl.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 7:24:39

technically mercs still owed russia retals even after russia topfed back

so you might have been able to 2:1 or 100% l:l eachother or it might have just cancelled out about half

dropping land while retals are owing is considered retal avoidance

credit for not just suiciding straight away though and letting the situation develop naturally

part of the reason other tags got involved is probably because mercs are planning to be involved in a war with those tags soon

and im 99% sure if you talk to some of the tags you will be more than welcome to join in on the war, ideally on whichever side needs a little help

so you could have an opportunity either to work with mercs and develop some ties, or work against them and express your frustrations

myerr21 Game profile

Nov 23rd 2020, 7:52:02

git rekt
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 15:58:36

That's actually a good idea enshula, especially considering his countries are no longer leaderboard material.

I'll hit him up today.

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 17:11:06

Let's not brush past the fact that what he is saying is true.

This game is dying due to a number of things, but one of them is that large alliances tend to bully small ones. I remember the days when even the largest groups at least tried to contact a smaller alliance before killing them.

The few new people we get into our community don't stay long.

Kudos on a follow up resolution to the two sides, and not saying the topfeed was a good move. But a KR? Come on. Everyone knows he is active on the boards. Just message him. Especially when your member double taps him first.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 18:12:36

We did speak after the topfeed and before the KR and came to an unfortunate impasse. It did happen tho.

It's one of those situations with a domino effect that lingered maybe too long and neither side comes out ahead. I think I have a good feel for my boy Astral tho. He felt like he was going to continue to get attacked and since in his view it would prevent him from top 10, and he likes walling, he kind of went for it thinking he could hold off mercs and enjoy the walling for a minute. And he might have with a near 100m break if not for allies and lots of lemmings haha.

You know how it is zen, if you're netting and feel ruined on it, you make a pretty clear move to wall because walling is the 2nd funniest thing to winning. Facing down mercs for a few days and walling it out probably felt like his best case scenario. Especially for a good waller.

I think being in that spot period is the problem, not the end result of being in it. If you topfeed someone for 4k+, drop everything but what you just grabbed and jump to 100m breaks with 5b cash on hand I think you are kind of screaming "at least let me wall if you're going to ruin my set." At least that's the way i saw it.

Rasp Game profile

Nov 23rd 2020, 18:18:25

Originally posted by ZEN:
... not saying the topfeed was a good move. But a KR? Come on. Everyone knows he is active on the boards. Just message him. Especially when your member double taps him first.

While I wasn't particularly excited about killing him since one of our members initially hit him 2x, he did topfeed a different member instead of retalling, and then proceed to taunt the player he grabbed while destocking to outrun the retal.

Also... didn't you AB LaF unprovoked?
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 23rd 2020, 21:10:03

His real mistake was not making the guy who made the hits pay.

Grab bots ppl!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 24th 2020, 13:45:41

was he demo techer?

could have been maybe 3rd best netting techer

but even then youd have to beat countries around 200k land

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 24th 2020, 17:25:16

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
We did speak after the topfeed and before the KR and came to an unfortunate impasse. It did happen tho.

I suppose this is information that would have changed my mind. It really wasn't pointed at you, Derrick. I know how you play and you usually give the opposite side the benefit of the doubt. Even when they don't deserve it.

Originally posted by Rasp:
Originally posted by ZEN:
... not saying the topfeed was a good move. But a KR? Come on. Everyone knows he is active on the boards. Just message him. Especially when your member double taps him first.

While I wasn't particularly excited about killing him since one of our members initially hit him 2x, he did topfeed a different member instead of retalling, and then proceed to taunt the player he grabbed while destocking to outrun the retal.

Also... didn't you AB LaF unprovoked?

I would never hit LaF unprovoked. In the many rounds of little FBI vs big LaF, we were usually not the aggressor. But it doesn't mean I have any less respect for LaF because of it. In fact, I believe they usually tried to make amends most of the time.

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 24th 2020, 23:56:00

43 was only hit once

Facts are facts

Link Game profile

Nov 25th 2020, 14:42:53

Elders will happily kill whoever for whatever.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

87Fresh Game profile

Nov 27th 2020, 4:07:57

Tell your members to hit bots lol. Ruining a 2 month set for someone else in your tag is kinda selfish. I learned that lesson a few sets ago.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 27th 2020, 9:40:29

doing both retals would have got most alliances to back off , as a small alliances you have to get out there and talk to other alliances.

Dropping land is considered a dirty play that makes you look like a trouble maker, and almost all alliances would have dealt with it in a similar way.

Sometimes its better to do a retal and take a small loss, then to push the issue, as you found out.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 11th 2020, 0:50:32

There are so many things wrong with this entire post. It's hard to know where to begin.

1. There should be no such term as "topfeeding" in the game. It's fundamentally a "non-competitive" pseudo rule imposed by certain alliances to essentially protect themselves from any possible successful competition for land and resources. This overlooks the entire concept of conquest for gain, which is actually what the game is ostensibly for.

2. Some alliance players think that enjoying protection via their alliance is just great and push the envelope foo far against a smaller alliance. Not all, but some involved in various and sundry types of baggery, usually of the starts with "D" sort.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 17th 2020, 12:03:48

cerb

topfeeding is just a method of grabbing where you expect to benefit after one or more retals

the term and rules about it are seperate

your view though is comparable to allowing me to break into your house take some of your stuff and then you are only allowed to take some of my stuff back which happens to be less than what i took from you

of course in earth your particular method of playing is having less stuff simply because you like winning the exchanges