Verified:

Ali786 Game profile

Sep 21st 2018, 16:09:29

I haven't posted on an Earth-related forum in > 15 years. I do find my way back every few years and make the rounds on the forum and wiki's before it inevitably seems purposeless to drown in nostalgia.

Instead of just the ole "hey, it's me, who's still here?" thing I'll try something else perhaps a bit more structured...

Your first reset?
Summer 1997

Your first win?
Summer 1998

Your first alliance?
Omega

Your alliance lineage - to the extent you remember?
Omega, SoF, RoCK, Legion, LCN and then as a part-timer something like LaF/UCN

Your first mode of Earth discussion?
An alliance-related move you remember fondly?
Leaving Omega with Helmet to help him start SoF

An alliance-related move you regret?
Not stepping in to RD when I was offered the chance

What they don't know?
The secret RoCK heads forum where legends like BB/Ronnie/RT/StoneyBrook Crew/RDers and others routinely posted despite being ghosts to the Earth community. The first-gen RoCKers truly did run this game all the way through Legion's demise and I'm not sure to what extent that's truly understood or known.

Stupidest thing you can remember doing?
As a division head in Omega I mandated that all countries have sexually-oriented names largely based around linking Omega with Penis and stupidity such as, "OMEGAwd Remember to Pullout!", etc. SMH, glad my kids will never know 17yr old me.

Qwirkest thing you miss?
Tetrinet marathons with Helmet, MingDu, and the old gang. If you're out there gentlemen - BRING IT! lol

Uber random arbitrarily Earth-linked fact about yourself?
Part of Solaria's - under Mehul's leadership - expansion beyond Earth was in to fantasy sports. In 1998 I won the first ever Solaria Fantasy Football League - and a $1,000 grand prize - as the All-Madden Annihilators. It was a salary lock/slot system and my best move was picking up Randall Cunningham as my QB in week 1 for peanuts and keeping him locked-in even during his Bye week so I could get his MVP-level production for less less than 2% of my team's salary budget.

Man I truly miss the close connections with dozens of Earthers. We'd talk professional aspirations, childhood issues, girl problems, family problems, sports, pop-culture, religious and political debates - these were truly my friends! I hope some of you are out there and come across this and I hope all of you are out there safe, happy, and healthy.

I can probably pen about 100 more of these's types of Q's but I'm not even sure this will resonate beyond pin-drop level. As such, I'll leave this here for now and if we get some traction maybe I'll come back with some more or feel free to add your own!

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 21st 2018, 18:53:13

"Stupidest thing you can remember doing?
As a division head in Omega I mandated that all countries have sexually-oriented names largely based around linking Omega with Penis and stupidity such as, "OMEGAwd Remember to Pullout!", etc. SMH, glad my kids will never know 17yr old me."

Dude if that is your stupidest, you don't even want to know what we did in FBI or IX. That was a standard we did every set.....we had a true "sex forum". Where we posted all of our sexual conquests. It was very X rated, sometimes too graphic (way too graphic), and maybe even illegal in today's standards of network privacy.

I would have some challenging questions about your 97' start, but I am lazy. Fame, Anarchy, Sanctions, Mercs, Bio, introduction of Commie, Mehul's ICQ nick, introduction to pub market, etc etc.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 21st 2018, 19:26:47

your most stupid thing is in wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bottom of list
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....