Verified:

lostmonk Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 10:50:14

Like 75% of players have left the game, and you dbags still find it necessary to have damn land farms? And you're gonna be the first ones to whine when this game dies off too.
Done.

nimrodix Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 11:04:05

are u talking about #566.

ICe Man

Jun 16th 2010, 12:11:00

Actually, FFA is growing a rapid rate. It actually has new clans and players coming in.

Maybe you should go there, too? Or get landfarms, new trend, eh?
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 16th 2010, 13:21:56

well the only way you can get away with a "landfarm" is to convince someone who isn't playing on alliance to play one for you. Running a multy will get you canned pretty fast:)
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 14:18:11

He's talking about laf's habbit of picking a untag and hitting it around 40 times a day
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Havoc Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 14:30:38

lostmonk, do I know you?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 15:40:00

I don't see the problem with farming untaggeds in an alliance game given that they must receive many recruitement messages and yet refuse to join. It's their problem. Not that they care, I'm sure they are someone's multies.

TAN Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 16:19:52

LaF thankfully stopped farming me.

I'll admit it -- I was getting ready to suicide on them, especially after they started justifying RoRing by saying I should pick an alliance and stop complaining. But there has been a lull in hitting, so those plans are scrapped.

Now Sanct is farming me.

I find it intriguing yet frustrating being untagged. It is fun one the one hand because there are no obligations, and it's rather liberating. It is frustrating on the other though because I can't keep up with all the retals, and because of this, I fall behind in production and land, and eventually I can't retal anyone.

Edited By: TAN on Jun 16th 2010, 16:21:41
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2010, 16:31:00

What is your country number? I will tell them to hit you instead.

TAN Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 16:33:19

Don't worry, they don't need any encouragement.

They will hit me again. Now it is just a matter of how much they hit me that will affect future decisions.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 18:06:16

wait...is that THE lostmonk???

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 16th 2010, 18:43:39

I didn't mean you TAN.

joe2 Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 18:51:13

why is tan playing untagged anyway :P

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 17th 2010, 6:00:23

LaF is not only picking on untagged. Apparently they seem to think that small clans can be bullied on and farmed all they want on them.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 6:05:38

hey galleri, add me on msn:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 17th 2010, 6:14:32

curbing bottomfeeding and making the alliance-style of game more friendly for new players is one of my core concerns for the alliance server, right up there with suiciding and FS strength -- possibly higher on the list now that we've made some other changes.

and i say that despite playing in LaF for the last decade-ish :p

like many have said, it's not fair to ONLY pick on LaF for this, as others have done it before and others will do it again. LaF just happens to be the biggest alliance right now.

Anyways, I just wanted to post a quick note to let the folks here know that we're considering many, many solutions to help the land situation on the alliance (and FFA) server and prep the servers to receive new members.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 6:50:27

facebook!

Fatty Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 18:54:44

Laf SUCKS and everyone in it SUCKS.

They were born to loser parents, lives their lifes as losers and will die a loser.

They will spawn sometime in their meager lives and create new losers to follow in their parents steps of fail.

I have enjoyed suiciding on them in the past and well I promise I will surely do it in the future.

FU Laf.

Did I stutter? FU

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

locket Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 19:41:22

lol dont generalize us fatty ;) lots of us are cool nice dudes.

The Saint Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 19:58:12

Damn Fatty, you have big time problems. You must have spent to much time breast feeding on your foster mom.

Edited By: The Saint on Jun 17th 2010, 19:59:14

The Saint Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 19:58:38

Edited By: The Saint on Jun 17th 2010, 19:59:02

ICe Man

Jun 17th 2010, 19:59:34

The Saint -- And *he* has issues? :\
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 20:02:13

yea but few not that nice makes rest look bad.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

The Saint Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 20:02:24

Hell no issues here. I was brought up on Good Old Jack Daniels.

Havoc Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 20:14:12

The Saint? Hows things?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Viceroy Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 20:53:07

Originally posted by Marshal:
yea but few not that nice makes rest look bad.

There are those who believe we are best judged by the company we keep.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 20:05:05

Originally posted by Viceroy:

There are those who believe we are best judged by the company we keep.

yeah.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Ruthie

Jun 18th 2010, 22:06:21

LAF has always farmed the fluff out of anything it could.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

nimrodix Game profile

Jun 18th 2010, 22:08:23

My MY someone is a little hyper.
free game dude, free game.
Don't have Laf envy, just suicide on them so we can all two step thier land to ourselves like they do us woo woo woo.

Fatty Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 5:19:25

i bet by Sunday I take 10K acres of off laf.

Come on big shooters, I bet ya.

Wait..

I promise

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2010, 5:20:52

i see fatty's still a class act
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

Mr. Lime Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 5:40:06

^^^ the results of over zealous landfarming the small peeps

now some poor laf country wouldn't be losing 10k acres if you gave my way a chance

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2010, 5:49:41

what, internally farm all the acres, creating land out of thin air to outpace most people who play within the spirit of the game?

ghost acres were removed after community backlash when MD started mass internal farming....

I'd like to see a per-capita analysis of land grabs (not retals, not ror's, just unprovoked landgrabs) and see if LaF is still the worst alliance.

I remember before when I did that sort of analysis on who bottomfed the most, LaF was third behind NA and LCN... but that was back before EE existed
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

nimrodix Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 5:55:31

Dave's not here.

nimrodix Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 6:00:44

what time Sunday i wanna be on with jets home.

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 6:33:10

as long as 10 > 6, there will always be bottom feeding

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 19th 2010, 6:42:37

ya, that's why i've been pushing for a secondary DR system between countries which moves you below that 6a threshhold :p
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2010, 7:00:27

exploring has been more than 6 in the past too though

and 2 DR's would work great for helping newbies and stopping farming

its not going to solve landtrading completely though, can even make it way more aggressive than the numbers i posted

just thought id use the DR brackets as an example

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 7:27:46

I don't think land-trading is necessarily bad for the game. Every now and then, it's fun to see a fluffy ass netter get his ass handed to him because he grabbed a country he didn't think could retal. It's a good way to keep them honest....

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2010, 11:30:53

thats not landtrading now3p

landtrading is grabbing with the expectation of getting retalled, particularly by someone at an agreed gain% and land size

NOW3P Game profile

Jun 19th 2010, 15:55:54

oops - gotcha. So what we're really talking about here is trading ghost acres, then?

Perhaps it's just a difference in preference for terminology, but I always considered landtrading to be whenever 2 countries went back and forth w/ hits, regardless of relation to each other or pre-agreement

lostmonk Game profile

Jun 20th 2010, 20:35:01

Originally posted by NOW3P:
wait...is that THE lostmonk???

Yes.

Now then, my issue, is the once again LaF farmed untaggeds that just happen to topfeed almost every other alliance, yet never LaF, even though LaF farm them damn near to death. I was hoping with the change of venue and stuff it would have stopped, but stupid me. Once a douchebag, always a douchebag.
Done.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2010, 20:38:09

confirmed, it IS THE lostmonk
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2010, 3:34:59

Originally posted by NOW3P:
I don't think land-trading is necessarily bad for the game. Every now and then, it's fun to see a fluffy ass netter get his ass handed to him because he grabbed a country he didn't think could retal. It's a good way to keep them honest....

this bit you talk about land trading being ok, then implying that it is related to bottomfeeders getting retalled

when land trading is about the building gain and grabbing people who can retal you, or maybe can, the buildings make it ok

while for bottomfeeding the buildings just make it better / make it so you gain more than the target loses

and yes i agree that land trading does not have to be pre organised, its basically in between topfeeding and midfeeding in grabbing terms

Nasjym Game profile

Jun 21st 2010, 6:37:03

just strengthen gdi and advise strongly that new players should join it as they get familiar with the game.. yeah, all ex's can remain safer, but the grabbers can always out pace even an untouched all x pretty easily if they're decent..

if players are more tightly locked down into hitting in their nw ranges then as a bonus you'll see the low def land traders getting smacked by midfeeding too. And alliances unwilling to give it back in retals will begin recrafting policies that will make for a more land grabbing friendly server.

hey.. wow.. isn't that what "everyone" is after in there?

ooh.. another added bonus.. someone being targetted by an FS can get into gdi limiting the number the of attackers that can take them out, leaving a mechanism but still leaving it to the initiative of the alliance to weaken an FS.

You all will probably say "we have gdi, and it doesn't work like that/that good".. but maybe strengthening the gdi system will do a whole lot more for making people able to defend themselves better with actually altering gameplay 'forcing' them to defend themselves better, with formula changes.

Beef up the available tools, and let the community do with it what they will.. if they have the opportunity to limit themselves in attacking but also from being attacked and decide not to utilise it, then they can't whine for being suicided, fs'd, topfed, or farmed.