Verified:

BlackHole Game profile

May 7th 2023, 19:46:42

Before I start, I'll apologize for the long post. But this will be my last long thread.

I am ending The Resistance and I am leaving the game.

I know I know, ya'll probably don't care. That's cool. And I know I'm not special enough to be deserving of a post on these forums. My existence here was a small blip in the history of EE. I simply like closure, and this is that closure.

First I want to say congrats to Darkness/Mercs for defeating us. You guys have a strong team, dedicated and skilled, obviously. We never really stood a chance, although I am happy my team got to taste a small bit of victory in alliance last set. That set we had in team with Coalie under cover with us was quite fun. Even though we died a ton, we started to have success with legitimate kill runs, and that is when my understanding of the game really exploded I think. Coalie, thank you for that initial help and support. Likewise, Gerdler, you were fundamental in teaching me many things in this game. Thank you for allowing me to tag along in LaF and learn from all of you. You got a great crew of people that were a lot of fun to play alongside.

DD - Even though you did tell me to never talk to you again, I'm going to break that promise. You were a standup guy helping me initially get a warbot setup and teaching me how to use those GHQ websites. Thank you for taking the time to do that. Please know I did try to keep our personal feelings about each other separate than our political stances toward each other. Probably failed at that, but it wasn't my intention.

Second, I want to apologize for the rhetoric getting out of hand. Truth be told, that's part of the reason for me leaving. It's not fun. My initial intention was to be bombastic and create 'drama', but fake, drama that gives people something to do. I didn't mind being the villain. I knew my claims were ridiculous. That was the point. I think, to an extent, it was successful. Ya'll really hated me, at the end, I think truthfully. The part where I messed up is I let myself perceive comments toward me as something they maybe weren't intended to be. I don't know where the shift happened from trolling and fluff talking to we legitimately hate each other and want to ruin each others experience, but I regret my part I played in that. It isn't fun, and it ruined the enjoyment of the game for me, and I would imagine ruins it for others as well. So for that I apologize.

I could go through person by person and talk about each of you. What I did wrong in our conversations, how I wish I would have reacted differently. I could thank many of you for the friendships we've created. But if I did that, Requiem would quite literally murder me. I also run the risk of no one reading this (probably well past that point already, though). On the topic of long posts, I am sorry those were such a problem for many. I genuinely tried to bring high effort content that gave people something to talk about, something to engage with. Not sure how I missed the mark so bad on that content, but it was clear I wasn't bringing anything of value to the community with those posts.

Lastly I should thank The Resistance players. They really were a tough group of guys. Ted, Milk, President, Bobby, Not Today, Albans, Taco, Smokey. At our peak we probably had about 10 guys. I really appreciate you all throwing your countries at a lost cause over and over. And I appreciate you all helping me try to recruit on reddit and in real life. We definitely gave a good effort I think, but ultimately, I think Symba said it many months ago 'losing over and over gets old'. I guess our clan is following a predictable path of having a lot of energy, but ultimately just getting smashed and leaving. You all did say it would happen. I was hoping I could avoid it, but I wasn't a good enough leader.

Ultimately though, I just wanted to apologize as well as say thanks. It was fun for a period of time. But it's become not fun for me, and it's just a game. If something isn't fun, it seems silly to continue to play.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Lord Milk Game profile

May 7th 2023, 19:57:21

We had a good run and the last few months have been a blast, maybe we come back together one day maybe not. To everyone we fought the last few months it was all for fun all the trash talk your all a great group of guys i will still be around and actively looking for a new group to play with but the resistance will always have a special place in my heart!
WE ARE THE LIGHT VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!
“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.”
WE ARE THE LIGHT!

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2023, 20:05:36

No worries, Take care bud. It was all good fun

We’ll be here if u decide to come back for more shenanigans

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

May 7th 2023, 20:39:43

Have your self a good one bh, I never carried any hate towards ya. That’s why I didn’t want to talk unless you need forum mod stuff as we are on two different sides
If the spectrum when it comes to play style. I wish the best to you and your crew. No problems I don’t mind helping out with what little Knowledge that I have
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2023, 20:56:08

Haha don't forget us when it's winter!

TOUCH GRASS NERDS

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2023, 21:04:52

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DruncK Game profile

May 7th 2023, 21:23:32

Well apparently what you did worked. Brought a few people out of the woodwork to squash your ass.

The group your fighting has done a lot worse than whatever it is you've done.

Don't be a fluff and quit. Sign a pact, be diplomatic and revel in the fact that your gave these nerds something to care about again.

Lord Milk Game profile

May 7th 2023, 21:40:36

glad we helped breathe a lil life back into the game at least for a little while hopefully theres a good war next set to jump in!!
“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.”
WE ARE THE LIGHT!

Suicidal Game profile

May 7th 2023, 23:07:37

Zip it.....don't let the door hit you in the azz on your way out.

Thread Closed

Rasp Game profile

May 7th 2023, 23:10:14

You will be back.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

SuperFly Game profile

May 8th 2023, 0:01:54

See you next round! You will be back

Don Forgo Game profile

May 8th 2023, 0:06:49

Here we have a gathering of people being nice to others after they forced them out of the game.

Captain Control Game profile

May 8th 2023, 0:07:51

[F] to pay respect
Look for the Greek Mythology references and bring a beer! 🍺

DruncK Game profile

May 8th 2023, 1:49:31

Not his fault he rode the curtails of a dead mafia that was once incredibly powerful

llaar Game profile

May 8th 2023, 1:57:52

don't know you but from what you said seems like you had a good time here and some challenging times, learn and keep on living, play if you want to play, and don't give up

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2023, 2:03:39

Lol.

Yo BlackHole. Sorry we didn't ever get a chance to be on the same side of the battlefield. I enjoyed getting to know you a bit and getting to interact with your character playing. I've taken long breaks from this game several times because I was finding more anger than positivity with players and with mods, etc. Sometimes taking a step back from attempting to lead helps you see your enemies here like a drunk abusive uncle and the hurtful stuff bounces off a little better, because you realize it's actually a really tight family that's been here forever, and always has your back. We hurt the ones we love, and this motley crew is my oldest friends, and even at times, they feel like kin. I literally owe getting off the streets and into a home in some way to this community. Both financially and emotional support they helped me find a better life.

I hope, as a guy who was on the other side, that my forceful advice to you that could benefit my side wasn't taken as too brash. You said once in a private chat I was sent screens of (lol) "I really thought Derrick respected me..."

I did bro. And what could be seen as manipulation was intended to warn you about how easy it is to get burned out and bogged down here. If you ever asked me for help instead of war, hope you know you'd have gotten help and not war. Got nothing but love and respect for you fam. You're one of the only dudes when I'd see ya on IRC I'd say hello that I haven't known for 2 decades. I think you know that's true.

If you ever decide to give it another run, lmk. You know I gotchu. And if you're ever in Philly, shoot me a DM and I'll buy you a drink. Cheers brother.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 8th 2023, 2:10:46
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2023, 2:39:50

TLDR D

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 8th 2023, 2:47:01

Originally posted by Requiem:
TLDR D
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2023, 3:41:30

Originally posted by Red X:
TLDR D
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

elvesrus

May 8th 2023, 4:15:25

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by Red X:
TLDR D

But seriously, if/when you come back do it for friends and help instead of confrontation and destruction. Even if you do end up back at destruction it would be well worth the effort to keep unintended consequences to a minimum. In other words, don't keep trying to be dollar store me on team server <3

You really don't want to go through destroying the server leading to 2 rules set changes followed up with enforcing them.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2023, 8:30:30

Only mad because you had to enforce them haha

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 8th 2023, 8:41:00
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2023, 8:49:29

Also, stop fluffting on me for long posting B Holes eulogy. He deserves a fluffin sailor's sendoff and the only proper way to execute that is the longest post of all time.

Link Game profile

May 8th 2023, 12:54:44

i read the post.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

myerr21 Game profile

May 8th 2023, 14:27:49

Sweet. I never did anything to you and you legit ruined multiple sets for me. Im glad to see you go lol.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

GeneralCojones Game profile

May 8th 2023, 15:53:03

I rarely post or say anything, most of the time just read and laugh, you had your place in this game you declare your self as the antagonist, tried to pull strings here and there.

But honestly I feel you are just gaining time to built up and infiltrate alliance's so you can do another move of your's.

If not sorry to hear you are leaving, it's fun to have you around.

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2023, 16:49:57

Originally posted by GeneralCojones:
I rarely post or say anything, most of the time just read and laugh, you had your place in this game you declare your self as the antagonist, tried to pull strings here and there.

But honestly I feel you are just gaining time to built up and infiltrate alliance's so you can do another move of your's.

If not sorry to hear you are leaving, it's fun to have you around.

I promise you that's not the case. Part of this decision was based upon us having members leave our team too. Symba was right, people don't stick around when they lose over and over. Our core was down to 3 maybe 4 active players. And I don't have the personal time to continue to motivate individuals to come back, only to lose 3 days into a set.

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2023, 16:50:14

Originally posted by myerr21:
Sweet. I never did anything to you and you legit ruined multiple sets for me. Im glad to see you go lol.

That's fair.

Sorry for ruining your sets. Best of luck going forward.

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2023, 16:52:11

Originally posted by DruncK:
Well apparently what you did worked. Brought a few people out of the woodwork to squash your ass.

The group your fighting has done a lot worse than whatever it is you've done.

Don't be a fluff and quit. Sign a pact, be diplomatic and revel in the fact that your gave these nerds something to care about again.

I tried the pact routes about 2 months ago. It didn't work, the pacts were canceled. I was informed individuals wanted to kill me over and over, lol. Can't say I blame them.

That was really my last ditch effort to keep my team together. Tried to get us a pact in team so that we could either net as a team, or find an even sided war with someone. When the pact was canceled and we ended up fighting 25v8 or so again, we quickly lost interest from members on our team. And I didn't have the energy to re-motivate them again.

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2023, 16:52:42

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Lol.

Yo BlackHole. Sorry we didn't ever get a chance to be on the same side of the battlefield. I enjoyed getting to know you a bit and getting to interact with your character playing. I've taken long breaks from this game several times because I was finding more anger than positivity with players and with mods, etc. Sometimes taking a step back from attempting to lead helps you see your enemies here like a drunk abusive uncle and the hurtful stuff bounces off a little better, because you realize it's actually a really tight family that's been here forever, and always has your back. We hurt the ones we love, and this motley crew is my oldest friends, and even at times, they feel like kin. I literally owe getting off the streets and into a home in some way to this community. Both financially and emotional support they helped me find a better life.

I hope, as a guy who was on the other side, that my forceful advice to you that could benefit my side wasn't taken as too brash. You said once in a private chat I was sent screens of (lol) "I really thought Derrick respected me..."

I did bro. And what could be seen as manipulation was intended to warn you about how easy it is to get burned out and bogged down here. If you ever asked me for help instead of war, hope you know you'd have gotten help and not war. Got nothing but love and respect for you fam. You're one of the only dudes when I'd see ya on IRC I'd say hello that I haven't known for 2 decades. I think you know that's true.

If you ever decide to give it another run, lmk. You know I gotchu. And if you're ever in Philly, shoot me a DM and I'll buy you a drink. Cheers brother.

I appreciate the words. I definitely think we would have been friends in a different universe.

BlackHole Game profile

May 8th 2023, 16:54:20

Originally posted by SuperFly:
See you next round! You will be back

Sorry, my eternal nemesis. You've won. I am gone. We had some fun fights though, and I do appreciate all the lessons I learned from you. I think you probably taught me more than anyone else in this game, just from having to fight you over and over, everywhere. Once I learned how to deal with one tactic, you'd throw a curve ball at me with a new tactic I hadn't seen before.

All the people that I messed up in solo servers, you've got Superfly to blame. He taught me how to do it!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 8th 2023, 17:22:35

I liked your spirit - you brought some new enthusiasm to a number of servers, and you legitimately seemed like you wanted to try and make it fun initially. You even recruited and brought in a number of new players, which ultimately helps the game. That's not really how it ended, though, and I think the game / playerbase is in a worse off position than it was before, with a number of players leaving because, just like for you, it really isn't fun for anyone. So - kudos to you for the self-reflection and apology - but I think the negative effects will be longer lasting.

BlackHole Game profile

May 9th 2023, 15:02:21

Originally posted by Tertius:
I liked your spirit - you brought some new enthusiasm to a number of servers, and you legitimately seemed like you wanted to try and make it fun initially. You even recruited and brought in a number of new players, which ultimately helps the game. That's not really how it ended, though, and I think the game / playerbase is in a worse off position than it was before, with a number of players leaving because, just like for you, it really isn't fun for anyone. So - kudos to you for the self-reflection and apology - but I think the negative effects will be longer lasting.

To be fair, Tert. I don't think you can blame that entirely on me. Look at LaF numbers. They have dropped off significantly too. In fact, a lot of us from Resist and LaF just went to play a different game together.

I didn't cause LaF to quit. So why are they quitting? It might be due to Mercs 'you will never net again' actions. So while I'll take blame for running a few people off servers, you have to understand I was trying to do that almost like I was a terrorist. Hoping that things would get so bad that players like yourself would look at how we got here, and condemn the other side too... not just me.

That didn't happen. Nobody that was in the middle ever looked at the actions of Mercs can condemned them the way my actions were condemned. So I clearly made a miscalculation there. But nevertheless, I don't think it's fair to blame me entirely for the loss of players.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 15:47:57

You continue to try to equate your actions, but the events that led to the initial war were very different from how you came to attack others.

LaF (Gerdler and Gains I think specifically) had conversations with the warring alliances that did not go well. My understanding (and someone feel free to correct this if you have the details) is that the warring alliances said they wanted to war LaF one set to mix things up, and LaF tried to dictate terms, got angry, cursed everyone out, and ultimately threatened to run SoL off the alliance server. They talked themselves into that war, and then by their own admission (Gerdler, but probably others), they're stubborn and want to prove themselves the victors so doubled down on warring indefinitely, including the OOP AB / landkills which we've discussed on team is less about enjoyment and more about scorched earth.

You on the other hand did go the terrorist route, and repeatedly attacked a number of players who had no involvement with any of that drama, across numerous servers. Yes, SF and Gerdler have done that to each other for years, but it's based on personal drama between them, not randomly, and as I've stated, I don't condone that myself. AndrewMose asked you directly if there was some personal issue you had with him; you said yourself you respected Tmac and avoided hitting him initially to stay true to your word; you and I have had a few discussions and I thought it was always amiable.

Those two things are not the same.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 9th 2023, 15:52:51

Originally posted by BlackHole:

To be fair, Tert. I don't think you can blame that entirely on me. Look at LaF numbers. They have dropped off significantly too. In fact, a lot of us from Resist and LaF just went to play a different game together.

I didn't cause LaF to quit. So why are they quitting? It might be due to Mercs 'you will never net again' actions. So while I'll take blame for running a few people off servers, you have to understand I was trying to do that almost like I was a terrorist. Hoping that things would get so bad that players like yourself would look at how we got here, and condemn the other side too... not just me.

That didn't happen. Nobody that was in the middle ever looked at the actions of Mercs can condemned them the way my actions were condemned. So I clearly made a miscalculation there. But nevertheless, I don't think it's fair to blame me entirely for the loss of players.

I don't think Tert was saying you caused LaF to quit.
He is just saying the game and player base is worse off than it used to be. Not from you.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

HH Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 16:21:53

BlackHole I have enjoyed your posts here and last reset was alot of fun playing with you guys (we didnt get pwned haha that was nice). It requires some special type of people to war and stonewall daiIy reset after reset. Its fun for awhile but doing it for years? No way. They will probably be the last people left in this game.

Anyway I will be seeing you in that other game!

HeadHunter

SuperFly Game profile

May 9th 2023, 16:33:42

You on the other hand did go the terrorist route, and repeatedly attacked a number of players who had no involvement with any of that drama, across numerous servers. Yes, SF and Gerdler have done that to each other for years, but it's based on personal drama between them, not randomly, and as I've stated, I don't condone that myself.

but when Gerdler and I have battled its been semi courteous and without endless posting and insults across all the boards. I think its also been more even as well in the sense that we have both ended ahead of the other in our battles.
Also I think that at least if Gerdler and I spoke on IRC/discord today we would likely be semi cordial? I dont think that we hate each other it just more of a be at odds dislike relationship but thats just my opinion....

SuperFly Game profile

May 9th 2023, 16:34:52

btw what is this new game? is it one of those flashy cell phone games with graphics and stuff? is it pokemon go?

BlackHole Game profile

May 9th 2023, 16:44:51

You continue to try to equate your actions, but the events that led to the initial war were very different from how you came to attack others.

LaF (Gerdler and Gains I think specifically) had conversations with the warring alliances that did not go well. My understanding (and someone feel free to correct this if you have the details) is that the warring alliances said they wanted to war LaF one set to mix things up, and LaF tried to dictate terms, got angry, cursed everyone out, and ultimately threatened to run SoL off the alliance server. They talked themselves into that war, and then by their own admission (Gerdler, but probably others), they're stubborn and want to prove themselves the victors so doubled down on warring indefinitely, including the OOP AB / landkills which we've discussed on team is less about enjoyment and more about scorched earth.

You on the other hand did go the terrorist route, and repeatedly attacked a number of players who had no involvement with any of that drama, across numerous servers. Yes, SF and Gerdler have done that to each other for years, but it's based on personal drama between them, not randomly, and as I've stated, I don't condone that myself. AndrewMose asked you directly if there was some personal issue you had with him; you said yourself you respected Tmac and avoided hitting him initially to stay true to your word; you and I have had a few discussions and I thought it was always amiable.

Those two things are not the same.

That's fair. They are different. I felt bad hitting Andrewmose. I was willing to be the bad guy for the greater good though :)

It didn't work out. And I really only did it for a set and a half. So hopefully the damage done wasn't permanent.

BlackHole Game profile

May 9th 2023, 16:45:29

btw what is this new game? is it one of those flashy cell phone games with graphics and stuff? is it pokemon go?

The new game is Zombocom.

http://www.zombo.com

Enjoy!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 9th 2023, 17:01:20

Do you play PGO?! Drop your friend code here!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

HH Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 17:04:05

I would post the game but I dont wanna get banned. I am nice guy mods please dont ban meeee
HeadHunter

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 17:06:20

Whatever game it is. I bet you are warring in it, no?

HH Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 17:08:07

Yeah but you cant get killed in 10 seconds :)
HeadHunter

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 17:13:17

Which is controlled by what? The players or game mechanics 🤔

HH Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 17:18:23

Game mechanics. You can get dominated so you eventually just delete your stuff in the game out of frustration but its not techniclly possible to get killed.

Are you interested Requiem? Or you wanna follow us into a new game to mess with us there too? Lol
HeadHunter

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 17:21:30

Naw lol, I'm not going to follow anyone anywhere to mess with them!

I'm not really interested in a new game though.

GeneralCojones Game profile

May 9th 2023, 17:39:39

Are you done with the drama, now comeback and say we surrender . And that's it make a new move and keep the wheel going you guys could end the war anyday, but instead you just quit, you guys could try new ways to play

BlackHole Game profile

May 9th 2023, 21:34:01

Originally posted by GeneralCojones:
Are you done with the drama, now comeback and say we surrender . And that's it make a new move and keep the wheel going you guys could end the war anyday, but instead you just quit, you guys could try new ways to play

Sir, with all due respect, that's simply not true.

I legitimately tried to end the war we were fighting on team.

This is what I was told.

"Hello not sure if you are playing next set in teams but it looks like ABM, Symba, Coalie, Tmac, Getafix don’t want to participate in the DNH anymore. So I guess to do you thing and I am out of all things related to making arrangements"

"I am just giving you the heads up cuz after your Evo posts and the F tmac and evo post you pissed every single leader In the coalition off and now they hate for you real
So they said F black hole and F the resistance."

And then we were attacked OOP by 4 clans, again. I negotiated peace. And peace was not given.

So no, we couldn't make peace on move on. So we just moved on.

Appreciate the thoughts though.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 22:05:34

mmmm. It's true when you mess with someone for a few sets, and they beat ya, usually they take a free shot on their way out the door. You angled into a war you were gonna lose, and ruined some netters countries in the process. It seems to me that whack upside the head that you're receiving is a fair revenge play to make extra clear that you don't get to initiate slugfest every time. It gets just as boring killing the same folks every set as it does dying tho.

It's an unfortunate time to start the way you did, because of how deep the grudges run and even some of the cross server activity with the 1a war. You kinda came in hot talking all that smack and dove headlong into a very bitter, years in the making war with grudges that go back decades. Probably the main reason you're getting pummeled for an extra month beyond your desire to war is just the timing of your shenanigans and dragging netters into battle.

In any case, we've all had them. The people that survive in this game are the ones that can take a few L's once in a while. In the old times, I got killed 30 times a set by RD bots for two years straight and just kept coming haha. You arguably won some battles, and just started losing this war in the last few weeks. Gotta be a little more resilient than that haha. The people behind these wars that dislike each other, all have far more disdain for each other than they dislike you. We all barely know you.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 9th 2023, 22:10:18
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2023, 22:21:42

fluff on a stick.... that's a lot of TL:DR that followed several TL:DR posts
(•_•)