Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 15th 2019, 0:09:51

My highlights got me to open IRC and I was online and bought turrets when you started hitting me, just didn't have enough money this time as my stuff didn't all sell. You timed it as I had just spent my cash. And you didn't look at my break, just sent a flat 7m jets or I would have bounced you several times.

If 7m jets didnt break me would it have stopped you from sending 12m jets?

mrcuban Game profile

Nov 15th 2019, 1:25:56

Im sorry but I don't agree with any of these changes. The only way to truly code out to stop suciders is to remove the war room link...

You're trying to CODE a fix to peoples attitudes and emotions it will never do what you want it to do. I respect the devs alot for trying to do something but this isn't it.

Everyone needs to finally take responsibility for the state of the game. Neutons law is real here. There are no new players here so its the same people who have been griefed for years by the likes of LAF and others, now coming back and are able to inflict more damage due to the state of the game.

The game has evolved and we need to roll back alot of this fluff.

Netting now has become a pathetic excuse for skill. Hitting bots with NO RISK for over 300k acres... Running 300k countries with NO DEFENCE, NO sdi, no spy tech, and no spies... what is that? Is that skill? No its not.

LAF, RD, and others acted like complete fluffs to small tags and new players for years. Farming the absolute fluff outta people and never apologized for it.

Now those same players can cause alot more damage because netters run absolute pathetic excuses for countries. Running a 1b finish with only jets, no def tech and no spies.. really. Thats not cool.

PVP interaction is now frowned upon... what is that? Its a WAR GAME....

We need to change our view on this game completely... You keep saying with regards to defense that you cannot stop every single grab, sure you can't be invoke your retal policy then...

Bring back the respect to this game. Apologize to those who have been griefed and lets constructively move forward together.

REMOVE the bots and most players won't get above 30k acres. Bring back the skill with players needing to hold defence, tech levels and keeping spies.

A top finish never used to be over 200m nw and if you do the above the same will apply.

Bring back the skill to this game, remove the bots and I guarantee everyone will fall back in love with this game...

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2019, 2:39:24

Originally posted by mrcuban:
There are no new players here so its the same people who have been griefed for years by the likes of LAF and others, now coming back and are able to inflict more damage due to the state of the game.

The fatal flaw here is that the "LAF" that people think griefed them is not the LaF that plays today. They are literally not getting back at any of the people who they had issue with. Besides someone, somewhere, can say the same about every single alliance on this server SoF... SOL... give me a break. You are one dimensional.

mrcuban Game profile

Nov 15th 2019, 3:11:51

I don't know another tag that did that as bad as LAF and consistently for years... I reference LAF because first hand starting many smaller tags over the course of 5 years we were bullied every single set by LAF and I can't remember others that did that. Not saying there wasn't others, but we seemed to retal others and that was fine. LAF would do Kill runs because a small tag retalled it was toxic. It was what ran me and about 10 others out of the game at the time.

sinistril Game profile

Nov 15th 2019, 5:49:35

I agree with finding ways to curb 'suiciders'. Make it so bot countries are a diff color, give far less returns for small countries hitting big ones if it's not a retal, etc. Destroying the social aspect of the game and need for fa because people want all the benefits of a non PvP server without the tradeoffs is silly. These changes, while they make clan GDI better, are still too much. Giving people extra SDI for joining GDI I'd reasonable though. I would be ok with people getting SDI maxed in GDI if they are paying for it turn by turn acre by acre rather than getting it for free.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

sinistril Game profile

Nov 15th 2019, 5:52:25

Originally posted by Warster:
I like the declare war idea but I think 48 hours is too long, imo 12 hours or at worst 24 hours.

In my opinion 48 hours gives too much time to the side with the counter strike. The FS side still have the advantage in turns and thats it but the other side has all the advantages when it comes to reduce breaks straight away.

True. I think 12 hrs is ideal as most people know that a war is coming so the FS isn't that great in the first place these days but 12 hrs allows people the chance to be organized
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2019, 10:19:44

Originally posted by mrcuban:
I don't know another tag that did that as bad as LAF and consistently for years... I reference LAF because first hand starting many smaller tags over the course of 5 years we were bullied every single set by LAF and I can't remember others that did that. Not saying there wasn't others, but we seemed to retal others and that was fine. LAF would do Kill runs because a small tag retalled it was toxic. It was what ran me and about 10 others out of the game at the time.

Everyone did it, i got yelled at in MD for not bottomfeeding(farming those countries) good enough. Omega we had competition among a few of us on who could bottomfeed best and sent FA as reward for winning. same story for all other alliances i played in most of them dont exist.
Don of LaF

Neil Game profile

Nov 15th 2019, 11:10:06

Well I'm done after this round. It has been fun. I enjoy mario cart but yall want to make this game into F1. LaF crying like babies when they get hit because they belive to win you need to only hit bots and never be hit yourself and carry no def to keep expenses low.

And whose fault is this?

EVERY says, 'oh we need more players' BUT EVERY fluffING CHANGE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF OIL (which is cool) HAS MADE THIS GAME MORE ESOTERIQUE AND FOR BASEMENT NERDS AND NOT CASUAL PLAYERS.

https://www.eestats.com/
http://earthgraphs.com/
http://www.earthempires.com/alliance/market/search
http://www.earthempires.com/alliance/market/so

These are all bad changes which make vets happy but aint going to draw in new players.

All these, plus every alliance pacting each other and people making POSTS ON AT WHEN AN UNTAGGED HITS SOMEONE BECAUSE IT IS ACTUALLY THAT RARE, have ruined this game.

Right now not a SINGLE tagged player is in DR and for LaF that is a good thing.

Ciao Earth2025, I'd say I'll see you in 10 years but I think we all know this game will be dead.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 15th 2019, 11:42:25

yes all alliances pact each other ............ Monsters has 3 pacts , thats it.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

The_Hawk

Nov 15th 2019, 12:32:24

Originally posted by Neil:
Well I'm done after this round. It has been fun. I enjoy mario cart but yall want to make this game into F1. LaF crying like babies when they get hit because they belive to win you need to only hit bots and never be hit yourself and carry no def to keep expenses low.

And whose fault is this?

EVERY says, 'oh we need more players' BUT EVERY fluffING CHANGE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF OIL (which is cool) HAS MADE THIS GAME MORE ESOTERIQUE AND FOR BASEMENT NERDS AND NOT CASUAL PLAYERS.

These are all bad changes which make vets happy but aint going to draw in new players.

All these, plus every alliance pacting each other and people making POSTS ON AT WHEN AN UNTAGGED HITS SOMEONE BECAUSE IT IS ACTUALLY THAT RARE, have ruined this game.

Ciao Earth2025, I'd say I'll see you in 10 years but I think we all know this game will be dead.

Bye felicia.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Trife Tinkles

Nov 15th 2019, 16:17:03

And whose fault is this?

Ok, everyone, he left. We can go back to how it was before he showed up again.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 16th 2019, 15:35:22

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Neil Game profile

Nov 16th 2019, 16:11:58

Warster, Monsters is not to blame for the state of the game but as far as I can see they have done one attack against a tagged country and been hit once, in this entire set.

2019-11-13 02:17:28 SS nervous answers arouse me (#77) MONSTERS Land of the elfs (#413) LaF 555A (1232A)

2019-10-18 04:18:40 PS Josey Wales (#198) Killer Bee (#214) MONSTERS 505A (714A)

And what are these changes going to do, make this game more inbred, make non-arranged wars impossible and even lame grabbing like this will go the way of the dodo.

We in SoF are the same, we just grab bots. Basically grabbing non bots is done so people can only complain about getting FSed and farmed, which they do.

Every change to this game has been in the direction of closing it off from new people joining.

Come play the math game, no one will ever hit you.

Original Skywise L Game profile

Nov 16th 2019, 18:25:40

Can you opt out of Clan GDI?
Skywise

Nov 16th 2019, 18:29:38

Originally posted by ironxxx:
The mouse trap country was tagged up and has been around on 1a for years and years and years. This is far from an isolated incident with the mouse trap.

maybe LaF didn’t do any this set to deserve it. But it’s been proven you killed unprovoked untagged or griefer tag countries set after set for more then several years. Your cries ring hollow in my humble opinion. No disrespect to relaxlah, whom I actually have respect for.

I would suspect the person has a historical grudge.

I am curious to know if it is the same person throughout the years

Was this a false flag operation to attempt to garner support for imposing changes? Pretty damn convenient.

Exactly
Skywise

Nov 16th 2019, 18:44:40

Also, everything said by MrCuban.
Skywise

Chevs

Nov 16th 2019, 18:46:14

Haha maybe it was a false flag operation to push their agenda
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2019, 18:53:22

so i guess you can put inactives in 1 tag and have them only ps, then they dont have to worry as much about keeping stuff on market

who knows maybe decay even becomes semi viable

but its super clunky if everyone has to run multiple tags

what are the mmr's the same as bot defence or something like that?

maybe this is even viable super early and super late, maybe first and last week of set

pity all the clan websites arnt set up for multiple tags, and you mentioned something about wanting to use tags more for coordination too which would be wasted if we have to run multiple tags

i cant see anyway clan gdi would hurt finishes less than most suicides, even most suicides hurt less than just having to kill the country

there arnt all the restrictions about leaving clangdi anymore?
so we should have people run their own tags and switch it on and off to grab? everyone solo tagged? or run tags with unplayed countries that are the tag admins that dont get deleted like dibs?

still worried people will use not being in clangdi as an excuse to suicide on people who deserve it for not joining, or pretend to act that way anyway

Nov 16th 2019, 23:46:48

I suggest a test. A 2A without bots.
Skywise

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2019, 23:47:57

Originally posted by Original Skywise L:
I suggest a test. A 2A without bots.

Interesting idea :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

breeze Game profile

Nov 17th 2019, 0:04:42

Just one thing I don't believe will work. Would I like to see something done with the suiciders and griefers? Yes I would. I do agree with some on making the bots a color. Id like for the suiciders and griefers to be deleted. I don't care if untagged people play but as soon as they suicide or grief someone then they are gone. Now war declaration. I thought this was a war game. For one I hate arranged wars. Now when do real countries say hey ya wanna have an arranged war? Come on all of us grew up playing this game and we still are. Trying to make this game bring in more people isn't going to happen. This clan GDI will probably make people leave. Maybe that's what some want. It will work like that crappy EWPP. Just my opinion.

Nov 17th 2019, 16:52:02

2A easy peasy
Skywise

Marshal Game profile

Nov 17th 2019, 20:46:46

why not 1b?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2019, 21:17:10

Originally posted by Marshal:
why not 1b?

That's primary, no?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Nov 17th 2019, 21:39:38

WAS primary when Mehul and later joltomac owned earth2025.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 17th 2019, 22:12:35

1b (Primary), 1a (Alliance) 2abc (Tournament games a b and c) has always had the same meaning as they do today. It came about well before Jolt. More like Echelon I think or perhaps even before.

It makes very little sense to refer to them that way(other than that it is quicker to write) today since the layout on the portal page has changed. But it makes far less sense to come up with a new numbering system when 350 players play the game when the old numbers are remembered by the majority of players and also tens of thousands of players who played back then and sometimes swing by for a brief set.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2019, 22:51:45

Originally posted by Gerdler:
1b (Primary), 1a (Alliance) 2abc (Tournament games a b and c) has always had the same meaning as they do today. It came about well before Jolt. More like Echelon I think or perhaps even before.

It makes very little sense to refer to them that way(other than that it is quicker to write) today since the layout on the portal page has changed. But it makes far less sense to come up with a new numbering system when 350 players play the game when the old numbers are remembered by the majority of players and also tens of thousands of players who played back then and sometimes swing by for a brief set.

Agreed, don't confuse people more than your usual, Marshal.
(•_•)

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 17th 2019, 23:24:55

Warster, Monsters is not to blame for the state of the game but as far as I can see they have done one attack against a tagged country and been hit once, in this entire set.

2019-11-13 02:17:28 SS nervous answers arouse me (#77) MONSTERS Land of the elfs (#413) LaF 555A (1232A)

2019-10-18 04:18:40 PS Josey Wales (#198) Killer Bee (#214) MONSTERS 505A (714A)

And what are these changes going to do, make this game more inbred, make non-arranged wars impossible and even lame grabbing like this will go the way of the dodo.

We in SoF are the same, we just grab bots. Basically grabbing non bots is done so people can only complain about getting FSed and farmed, which they do.

Every change to this game has been in the direction of closing it off from new people joining.

Come play the math game, no one will ever hit you.

Yeah a typo and a retal,

You stated all alliances are allied together which is incorrect.

Also we only hit bots cos we are old and busy people who don't have time or wish to be chasing others around, but that's our choice, before bots were added we all played all x in monsters, took a few resets for even one member to look at the bots,

But did any of this stop suiciders/griefers hitting us ?? Nope, we got hit for 8 rounds in a row just because they could not because we did anything, and yes our countries are always under defended, I personally don't think netters should be 100% protected because where is the fun if there is no risk. But in saying that the damage a country can do should be based on its own resources.

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Boltar Game profile

Nov 17th 2019, 23:59:35

Did they give this idea up yet and implement a suggestion more people publically wanted?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 18th 2019, 14:39:57

Originally posted by Gerdler:

yea mehul named servers as 1a etc.

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Agreed, don't confuse people more than your usual, Marshal.

confuse how? currently there are no 1a, 1b, etc (besides in oldies more or less hazy memory)and I didn't suggest making 2A.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2019, 15:16:30

Originally posted by Marshal:
why not 1b?
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Nov 18th 2019, 21:02:21

well it's not used nor is 1a nor 2a etc.

Nov 20th 2019, 3:25:38

Anyway to alternate bots/ no bots / number of bots for a simple change up each set? No one knows until game starts.

Skywise