Verified:

bigdogcwg Game profile

Sep 9th 2019, 0:03:15

I am hesitating...wife wants to go. Any thoughts? Was it like the original movie?

BigDog
Clowns with Guns
Feeling like Banks today...a bit gay

sinistril Game profile

Sep 9th 2019, 1:22:59

Kinda like Showgirls with no boobs
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

archaic Game profile

Sep 9th 2019, 1:40:42

Originally posted by sinistril:
Kinda like Showgirls with no boobs

Quite possibly the most scathing indictment of any movie I have ever heard
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

BROmanceNZ

Sep 9th 2019, 3:53:58

It's exactly the same story, almost told in the exact same way (almost down to the same shots and dialogue).

There are a few surprises here and there; a song that's sung in a totally different style, a few gags that you're expecting that take a different turn.

The animation is quite stunning, though I felt like there was some magic lost in the use of more realistic animation that the cartoon one had.

For me, it was a trip down memory lane. Maybe like playing the remastered version of a game you like that you've played a lot of. The animation is new but you're still going down familiar territory.

My 5 year old niece fell asleep during it. Not sure if it was because she thought it was boring, or because she'd had a late one the night before (she was on school holidays). She said after that she would have rather have gone to Pets 2.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 9th 2019, 4:13:00

I despise musicals
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

bigdogcwg Game profile

Sep 9th 2019, 20:45:49

Hmmm...guess I'll give it a whirl and see. I liked the original. Always get a bit doubtful when Hollywood "re-does" and old movie I like. Just not the same.

BigDog
Clowns with Guns
Ruthie's fluff Puppy

Boltar Game profile

Sep 9th 2019, 23:18:21

Director of iron Man 1&2 plus the jungle book remake directed this as well. I would expect it to be pretty decent he doesn't seem like be puts out fluff movies

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 10th 2019, 1:13:32

Nostalgia wouldn’t allow me to enjoy it.

BROmanceNZ

Sep 10th 2019, 2:30:24

Originally posted by Boltar:
Director of iron Man 1&2 plus the jungle book remake directed this as well. I would expect it to be pretty decent he doesn't seem like be puts out fluff movies

Jon Favreau is also the creator and head writer for the new Disney+ Star Wars series, The Mandalorian. He hasn't directed any of the episodes but he has indicated that he's interested in doing that if there's a season 2.

The trailer looks bad ass, though it doesn't really hint at a story beyond "Look at this bounty hunter": https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7heq19

Drow Game profile

Sep 10th 2019, 10:49:51

I've heard it's not bad. apparently the new Scar is more malevolent, and yet somehow better.

Side note, new Aladdin wasn't bad. new Jafar was the standout for me, a believeable motivation, and consistent to the end, to his downfall. Even Will Smith as the Genie wasn't terrible, coming at it from an open mind, remembering that he is very distinctly NOT Robin Williams. He let it down in a few spots, but that's more his limitations as an actor, than any real lack of effort.

Retired Earth type.

Original Skywise L Game profile

Sep 10th 2019, 22:12:20

I Wish they had made Ender's Game much better. Disappointed with that movie. Loved the book.
Skywise

Raging Budda Game profile

Sep 11th 2019, 15:49:59

What film became, in August 2019, the highest-grossing film domestically (USA) of all time with an MPAA rating of G?
Your base is mine!

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2019, 19:16:50

avengers endgame?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

The Cloaked Game profile

Sep 12th 2019, 2:46:59

nah endgame is global gross record and domestic gross is force awakens.

also: movie studios don't normally break out domestic(US) box office. they break out the domestic market.

DruncK Game profile

Sep 12th 2019, 2:56:57

Originally posted by Original Skywise L:
I Wish they had made Ender's Game much better. Disappointed with that movie. Loved the book.

Enders Shadow would have made a better film IMO. Biggest loved book to movie blunder for me was Eragon.

Raging Budda Game profile

Sep 12th 2019, 9:13:16

Originally posted by Marshal:
avengers endgame?

G rating. Turns out it was Toy Story 4. The new Lion King is PG, the old one was G. Got Admrial Akbar'ed on that one.
Your base is mine!

the real bomber

Sep 12th 2019, 11:40:54

raging budda - should just be raging

Original Skywise L Game profile

Sep 15th 2019, 19:10:31

I read FireStarter and The Stand by Steven King when much younger, and both of those movies bit... anyone ever read Sir Apropos of Nothing by Peter David?
Skywise

Drow Game profile

Sep 19th 2019, 15:05:21

The Stand is a great novel.

Retired Earth type.