Verified:

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 10:34:55

that's right -

Think you know how to grab? Then prove it !

RAGEnELY is announcing a Land War contest. Anyone is welcome and encouraged to play.

here is how it goes -

categories are -

total land gained / avg land gained

total nw / avg nw

war starts week 3 - ends 1 week before set end ( time to destock )

tags with a "g" after it is fair game. ie pdm-g

allow all forms of attack but no gs/br/ab , spies and missiles fair game.

tags must be declared 3 days before the start of war.

top winner in each category will receive 500 mil bushles from the top loser in each category, tags must agree to this when thy sign on. payable 2 weeks before the end of next set.

top bragging rites to individuals with most land gained and biggest grab of the war.

PDM has already said they will play - join us.

It does not have to be a whole tag either - say 5 from evo think they can grab - join a tag called evo-g .

post up here :D
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

torment Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 11:15:37

Interesting but alot of water needs to flow under the bridge before it can happen properly.

i.e. enforcement of the prize paying.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 11:38:11

oh shoot - i wanted to take that out, it was a thought that didn't make sence, no payments made out, maybe in the future but as you said we need to try this out first.

sry
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

snawdog Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 12:09:57

I posted this insite,so..NO PAYMENTS?
[edit below]
Just want to be straight on this.

Edited By: snawdog on Jun 8th 2010, 12:10:57
ICQ 364553524
msn

Strife Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 13:48:35

Is this gonna be like a giant free for all? Lets say Ra-ge, PDM-g, Evo-g, NA-g and iMa-g join, is everyone in the 5 clans automatically fair game?

Detmer Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 14:46:01

Why would missiles be allowed but not special attacks?

Hobo Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 15:03:16

/me yawns.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 20:30:29

yes to the giant free for all - everyone is fair game that are marked with a G after their clan.
This will not void or change any pacts between the clans. if evo is pacted to NA and EVO -g hits NA-g then all is good, but if EVO-G hits NA, then NA can take their retails as they see fit.

Missles will not be used - the idea is not to kill and missles could do that so good idea no missles.

too lazy to edit

Edited By: ZIP on Jun 8th 2010, 20:35:03

llaar Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 21:05:03

the purpose of another tag is what exactly? this makes no sense

Detmer Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 21:09:43

I think the purpose of the g tag is so members who want to just all explore in peace don't get involved.

snawdog Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 21:10:21

because some in the tag may not want to be part of it
ICQ 364553524
msn

Marshal Game profile

Jun 8th 2010, 21:50:51

not g-tag=netters

g-tag=warrers
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

archaic Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 1:16:51

I see this deteriorating pretty quickly. When 3-4 of the tags gang-rape one tag, we'll see how fun it is.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Ruthie

Jun 9th 2010, 16:40:59

Originally posted by Detmer:

If its a landgrab contest, why would you want to use missles or special attacks anyway ?
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Detmer Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 16:47:09

Originally posted by Ruthie:

If its a landgrab contest, why would you want to use missles or special attacks anyway ?

I wouldn't. I was using the juxtaposition of something banned with something not banned, but very similar, to show that they should both be banned.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 18:55:08

yes to both being banned

so besides PDM who else is interested?

and i thought the nw in the end was impt. because it is a skill on how much to grab and when to stock.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 3:38:28

What if someone goes on a grabbing spree, buys up defense and then tag jumps? Is this something that once you're in you can never leave?

Beltshumeltz Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 10:20:58

Come on iMagNum, sign up for this!

ZIP Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 11:41:40

it is not going to be perfect, this is the first time in years that someone just did a land war so for a lot of us this is a new thing. I am sure it will have a few bugs.

as far as the tag jumpers - if they tried that they will be smelling burnt bodies and destroyed buildings.

This idea came out of the RAGE camp - and you know they arn't scccared to kill.

just like when E2025 ended and EE began we were afraid of change, omg what will it be like well we turned out just fine, better in fact so don't be afraid to try this.

Sure the people that have all day to wait on a target will do a bit better, but it will be different because sure a target may be in dr, but as they attack they come out so there will be more targets with some nice returns then you may think.

oh and to keep out non players if someone outside attacks a game country then they get what the defending clan wants to give them.

ibujke Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 11:50:53

Originally posted by ZIP:

oh and to keep out non players if someone outside attacks a game country then they get what the defending clan wants to give them.

Can you explain that a bit? Are you saying you wont do standard retals if an outsider grabs you? So basically you are making a coalition of g clans that will trade land and prevent anyone from grabbing it?

Or did I misunderstood you?

snawdog Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 12:11:56

I would understand that to mean that each clan is on it's own to do retals per their policy.I dunno tho.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Detmer Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 13:54:07

Originally posted by ibujke:
Originally posted by ZIP:

Can you explain that a bit? Are you saying you wont do standard retals if an outsider grabs you? So basically you are making a coalition of g clans that will trade land and prevent anyone from grabbing it?

Or did I misunderstood you?

I am sure standard retals are applied to outsiders. This wouldn't be landtrading because there is no equity involved - people (clans) are in it for themselves. Growth of ghost acres will almost certainly come out of it. It basically seems like a way to actually land grab in this game like I suspect was originally intended, without it breaking down into war like would happen if someone grabbed you a bunch ordinarily. I think it sounds like a great thing to try.

Fatty Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 16:16:53

You really dont want me to participate in a land grabbing contest.

That's funny fluff right there.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 17:26:11

fatman: you can if you tagup on some g-tag.

ZIP Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 20:33:08

yes to snawdog's thinking. per their policy
I am not trying to make this a policy thing really, just a grabbing contest. it could be policed if needed i guess, like other wars.

It is a skill that needs to be tested and measured for trolling purposes.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jun 11th 2010, 0:26:52

sounds like fun, GL with this guys. Unfortunately I can't compete this set, EVO is a bit too small these days to be breaking into groups for side competitions=)

Detmer Game profile

Jun 11th 2010, 14:24:24

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
sounds like fun, GL with this guys. Unfortunately I can't compete this set, EVO is a bit too small these days to be breaking into groups for side competitions=)

Work with PDM on this?

Garry Owen Game profile

Jun 12th 2010, 4:57:54

Detmer you are 1000% right:

It basically seems like a way to actually land grab in this game like I suspect was originally intended, without it breaking down into war like would happen if someone grabbed you a bunch ordinarily. I think it sounds like a great thing to try.

You know Rage loves a good killing war, but this seems a little more challenge. Not just a race to get your restarts into the fight, but you have to show comprehensive game skills. You have to continue growing your country and end strong. Much more difficult than just pouring on the BR's to pound the current target.

Some notes:

Outside landgrabs: Every tag with a -g should get a war-DNH from other clans, just as if they were in a killing war. And the non-g members should be willing to police any violations if the country in war doesnt want to take their own acres back. And a clan could arrange for someone to police for them if the violator is too large/defended to be worth the grab or if they just need to be killed.

Special Attacks / Spy Ops: No missles or special attacks are allowed. They do not contribute to the purpose of gaining acres for yourself - they are just destructive to the enemy. The same would go for purely destructive spy ops like bombing things, stir rebellions or bioterrorism. HOWEVER the constructive use of some spy ops - like demoralize, espionage, dissention and the raids - can help you make a landgrab or gain resources to grow your country and should be allowed.

So can we show success in netgaining by warfare? It will make the game a whole lot more fun if we can!

Edited By: Garry Owen on Jun 12th 2010, 5:00:48

Silent Sentinel Game profile

Jun 12th 2010, 8:27:31

It was worth hanging about for years just to see G.O pop his AT cherry.

Congrats son, you're now a man.

Vinag Game profile

Jun 12th 2010, 12:38:35

Indeed

Garry Owen Game profile

Jun 13th 2010, 5:44:49

eh, I used to post all the time, back on the 2025 AT.

but I had to post about this because the landgrab war is a really good idea -- it should be fun and can change the game!!

Vinag Game profile

Jun 13th 2010, 7:22:57

so you say...

In all my time, I cannot recall you posting here

Charles Game profile

Jun 13th 2010, 10:56:48

For this to have any merit there would need to be an expiration date, other wise it'll be a constant trading of land with no one person being able to stock for the fear of getting hit.

snawdog Game profile

Jun 13th 2010, 11:59:48

It does end 1 week before end of set.
ICQ 364553524
msn

ZIP Game profile

Jun 13th 2010, 14:23:45

yup 1 week to destock what anyone may have.
and thanks to PDM and others that plan on trying this, i'm sure it will not be perfect, but what war is ?

nice finish last set charles -

ZIP Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 14:09:23

looks like LAF wants to join in on this sweeet

Devestation Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 14:36:11

zing GO.

LaF certainly wants to join but didn't work out the tags with a -g in it. Or simply assumed the G in RAGE counted or something.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 20:51:18

yeah g in ragenely must have confused them. :P

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 2:49:18

heh 6 grabs in 72 hours and you complain about farming....

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 5:59:03

just because i farm much more consistently and more violently myself in team server....:p

Devestation Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 13:38:32

Originally posted by SolidSnake:
heh 6 grabs in 72 hours and you complain about farming....

All from the same member. I'm guessing you?

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 17:45:55

dude if i played, id be 40k by now... and you would of had 40 grabs on you by one country.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 17:59:46

normally 4-5 hits inside 72 hrs is kill or farm-status.

Edited By: Marshal on Jun 17th 2010, 18:00:09

SolidSnake Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 18:14:38

normally people respond to grabing issues with contacting an fr rather than complaining on forums and retaling retals...

Marshal Game profile

Jun 17th 2010, 18:19:40

we did and we tried to prevent this too.