Verified:

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 9th 2019, 15:22:41

All I see is a lot of pew pew pew in this thread. Less talk, more play :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Suicidal Game profile

May 9th 2019, 15:43:42

titties

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2019, 15:47:34

b00bs
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Neil Game profile

May 9th 2019, 19:42:56

The problem with the community I noticed is there is no one born after 1989 :)

Marshal Game profile

May 9th 2019, 20:30:51

Originally posted by Neil:

i disagree with that.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

major Game profile

May 10th 2019, 1:42:11

Bonus

archaic Game profile

May 10th 2019, 2:00:22

This feels like somebody necro'd a post from 2011 but alas its new. TBH I don't think anybody is really worried if the game grows or not anymore. The game has pretty much become a background activity that supports the dwindling social club.

Yep, we are the old ladies wednesday night bridge club at the senior center. Every once and a while another chair comes up empty and everybody just quietly acknowledges that their chair will someday soon be empty too.

Edited By: archaic on Jun 26th 2019, 16:56:45
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

May 10th 2019, 2:36:38

Originally posted by archaic:
This feels like somebody necro'd a post from 2011 but alas its new. TBH I don't think anybody is really worried if the game grows or not anymore. The game has pretty much become a background activity that supports the dwindling social club.

Yep, we are the old ladies wednesday night bridge club at the senior center. Every once and a while another chair comes up empty and everybody just quietly acknowledges that their chair will be empty too.

You mean the chair with Lemmon Chiffon....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

bug03 Game profile

May 10th 2019, 3:06:38

Originally posted by Neil:
not a problem, in fact it’s a contributing factor as to why I kept playing after one express set...

Ivan Game profile

May 10th 2019, 8:21:31

weeeeee fun thread :D

What gets me Chevs is that I remember how pissed youd get if someone looked at your country in the wrong way when you netted then you come back a few years later and all of a sudden you think topfeeds are ok on others? LOL?

Ivanfluff

bayr0ck

May 10th 2019, 9:05:34

didnt read most but agree this pve fluff is garbage

Chevs

May 10th 2019, 11:58:49

Originally posted by Ivan:

What gets me Chevs is that I remember how pissed youd get if someone looked at your country in the wrong way when you netted then you come back a few years later and all of a sudden you think topfeeds are ok on others? LOL?

Ivanfluff

why are you such a salty little fluff still? arent you like 30 now?

For sure if i was forced to net i had the right to be frustrated internally with people i talk to when people do shady stuff and i feel like i ran the best country on the server. theres a massive difference between talking to your pals about it and being outraged on the AT, if you don't see that i guess youre still helpless as ever. I think youre still salty that I ran your own strat better than you every set.

I would never come on the AT and complain about people getting FA, landtrading, topfeeding me as a reason for not winning
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

Hardy Game profile

May 10th 2019, 13:58:40

Mmmmmm dinner date with Mak while Pheebs shoves pasta in my ears.. Talk about kinky foreplay to a lovely evening.

Ivan Game profile

May 10th 2019, 14:34:54

Originally posted by Chevs:

Ivanfluff

For sure if i was forced to net i had the right to be frustrated internally with people i talk to when people do shady stuff and i feel like i ran the best country on the server. theres a massive difference between talking to your pals about it and being outraged on the AT, if you don't see that i guess youre still helpless as ever. I think youre still salty that I ran your own strat better than you every set.

I would never come on the AT and complain about people getting FA, landtrading, topfeeding me as a reason for not winning

im way older then 30 now :P You should be as well if I remember correctly :P

I really dont see how having one opinion internally and another externally doesnt make you a hypocrit especially since we were the ones enforcing L:L on the server. Regarding you running my strat better then me LOL <3 You were among the better players in SOF for sure tho almost as good as me even ;)

Lots of fluff

Ivan

Chevs

May 10th 2019, 16:55:48

Ivanfluff

im way older then 30 now :P You should be as well if I remember correctly :P

I really dont see how having one opinion internally and another externally doesnt make you a hypocrit especially since we were the ones enforcing L:L on the server. Regarding you running my strat better then me LOL <3 You were among the better players in SOF for sure tho almost as good as me even ;)

Lots of fluff

Ivan

i guess we just disagree then, i think saying to aponic or another m0m0 "hey i came 3rd but the top guy was massively FA'd and the guy who came 2nd was landtrading all set, that kinda sucks since we never net i dont know when ill get a chance again"

is way different than going on the AT like derrick/dagga/other famous losers and being outraged about it. and i don't think that makes me a hypocrite for not doing so.
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 10th 2019, 20:28:21

The ones who complained were not the ones who got suicided/topfed/harmful ops last set. If Lewis Hamilton loses his next race because a spectator throws a beer can onto the track that gives him a puncture and crashes him into a wall and Sebastian Vettel says something like "That's not how i like F1 races to be decided" it doesn't make either of them "snowflakes" or "salty little fluffs", does it?

BTW, Derrick never nets on alliance, he does net on other servers so I suppose he has both mindsets close at hand which is why he argues against throwing beer cans onto the track.

Same goes for netting (and war for that matter): you let the netters net and compete amongst themselves. Netters don't generally tip wars by farming the crap out of one side or FAing the other side, that has been dealt with in pact terms and been generally agreed between alliances years ago. Maybe that was agreed when you were out and that means you want to throw beer cans onto our track. But it just speeds up the death of this game because just as warriors we netters want our rank and NW be decided by our merit valued in skill, effort and tactics instead of some disgruntled spectator who is just mad we are doing 350 km/h when he never gets to go past 65, or 450k acres vs 60k acres.

Chevs

May 10th 2019, 21:03:27

Originally posted by Gerdler:
The ones who complained were not the ones who got suicided/topfed/harmful ops last set. If Lewis Hamilton loses his next race because a spectator throws a beer can onto the track that gives him a puncture and crashes him into a wall and Sebastian Vettel says something like "That's not how i like F1 races to be decided" it doesn't make either of them "snowflakes" or "salty little fluffs", does it?

BTW, Derrick never nets on alliance, he does net on other servers so I suppose he has both mindsets close at hand which is why he argues against throwing beer cans onto the track.

Same goes for netting (and war for that matter): you let the netters net and compete amongst themselves. Netters don't generally tip wars by farming the crap out of one side or FAing the other side, that has been dealt with in pact terms and been generally agreed between alliances years ago. Maybe that was agreed when you were out and that means you want to throw beer cans onto our track. But it just speeds up the death of this game because just as warriors we netters want our rank and NW be decided by our merit valued in skill, effort and tactics instead of some disgruntled spectator who is just mad we are doing 350 km/h when he never gets to go past 65, or 450k acres vs 60k acres.

fair analogy is fair
SOF Head Of Poop

bug03 Game profile

May 10th 2019, 21:29:28

Gerdler- I don’t know you but I like it when you post. Keep doing it.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2019, 21:59:03

Originally posted by bug03:
Gerdler- I don’t know you but I like it when you post. Keep doing it.

He's our brainiac :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

ClayQ Game profile

May 20th 2019, 9:28:25

Two Cents.

TeckMing Game profile

May 20th 2019, 12:01:26

Bonus

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2019, 0:57:37

The irony of the thing is you still remember the person who topfed you and cost you your first place....and you mentioned it here. It's odd to me that you'd put yourself in a position to be "that guy" as you seem to realize how memorable and fluffty it is to have a win stolen that way.

Something worth noting, i cant think of a single person on this thread (aside from gayfluff) that isn't pretty staunchly opposed to the restart bonus as is. I actually understand your want to show off how stupid it is, but it's sort of like telling someone who can't afford a pair of shoes that they should go get some shoes. The restart bonus had a purpose initially, i forget what it was but supposedly the addition of bots fixed the problem? Idr. Either way, i can tell you, you weren't saying something that hasn't already been said a hundred times by the very people you were arguing with.

There's a handful of players that watch the lists and can identify within some range of doubt, which player is which. It's far more popular on FFA where I lead one of the most successful netting clans in the history of the server. But, identifying, publicizing and dealing with griefer types quickly and very publicly has allowed us to identify which players are just being fluffs one time (as i see in you), and which are career suicides. Our dealing with that directly and publicly has made the server a dream server for netters, as grief has become so uncommon, that i can count LoC suiciders recently on one hand.

Acknowledging you and calling you out directly/publicly is almost always a good way to understand your intentions. And in this case it seems some combination of thinking the new rules are stupid, and making the biggest LG of your life. Imo, that's pretty forgivable and it's good to have ya back haha

sinistril Game profile

May 21st 2019, 1:03:58

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
where I lead one of the most successful netting clans in the history of the server.

Whoa there, don't get ahead of yourself :P LoC couldn't net themselves out of a wet paper bag before you got there, and it's only been a few sets. Gotta get some triple crowns at least. ICD, IMP, PanLV, TKO are all clearly more successful from large netting clans. (not in that order) and prob some early netting clans like ESD deserve shoutouts

Rare picture of LoC trying to net before Derrick http://gph.is/1Mt1UyV

Edited By: sinistril on May 21st 2019, 1:48:31
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2019, 7:37:10

First clan since 2011 TKO to sweep the top ten. 2nd place all time in TNW (40b NW) with half the members of 1st and 3rd place. Stats like that qualify as success. I suppose long term success needs established, but we are posting up some of the top net sets in the server's history. IMP for sure still owns the TNW record set in 2016, and early 2010s TKO was strong in a pre-bot era with more players so nw adjusted they were surely as dominant or more, and considering more competition, advantage them. Aside from that no one has done what we did set 54. And i was sorta pointing to the historic nature of our recent success, rather than long term....

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 21st 2019, 7:45:09

Also credit where credit is due. I learned most of what i know with help from Ashe and even some pro tips from Gerdler a while back while in LoC...

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 21st 2019, 7:50:04
See Original Post

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

May 22nd 2019, 7:18:49

most of TKO's best players never played in the bot era and before people had a real good understanding of Oil destock or a decent understanding of how to play large land countries. i would have loved to see what pollex or troy or hell even ketchup could have done with all those bots.

Pan and TKO were the original netting powerhouses,

then ICD took over once pan disappeared and most of the TKO netters quit ( a few of us middle range netters hung around for a while tho). then IMP now LoC

LoC numbers are great but its just you and ICD really now and u can control the market ( early on we had no chance of that) , no real threat of war, a few suiciders here and there but thats always the case for big tags netting and warring alike.

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 22nd 2019, 13:47:23

Yep. We're dominating a completely different era. The TNW record that IMP has is maybe even a little unfair because it is the steroid era of FFA. And as such so is our finishing ahead in TNW of that one set i pointed to where TKO swept the top ten in 2011. It's still easily the most impressive net set on the server to me and its not close. Something like 39b nw on 350 countries before the bots is insane. I wasn't implying we are in that class yet hahaha. But records were also set in baseball in the 90s. Barry Bonds has the home run crown and LoC is Mark McGwire.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 22nd 2019, 13:52:51
See Original Post

Mister Ed Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 14:26:18

That pretty much sums it up.

[/quote]

The "community" didn't hash out anything. A handful of snowflakes got together to dictate to others and drove most players away. [/quote]

Mister Ed Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 14:29:18

I'm not being sarcastic. I would like to see you create a clan called "Old School Clan" and let people who understand what you're saying band together with you. It would bring excitement and a fresh approach to the next round.

Originally posted by DruncK:
you're person #2 btw.

I lol’d

Requiem... people ARE telling me and other how to play. I may or may not have grabbed enforcer for 45k acres last set and the whole server lost their minds and went toxic af on the AT. Will not confirm or deny if that was me.

Ironically enforcer was cool with it and had no issue

Back in the day getting top10 on 20k acres was considered fat and difficult to do. So seeing a fatty with 450k acres I don’t know what you expect returning or new players to do? Not hit it "because thats how we do things"? Isnt that telling people how to play?

edit: phone grammar

Mister Ed Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 18:34:53

Person 1: "OMG this game is dying what should we do!! We need new players and get the old players back"

Person 2: Yeah I agree

Xyle: Say no more, I got this

**Influx of old vets**

Person 2: WTF these players don't play how I want them to play!

Person 1: Yeah a bunch of toxic garbage! They suck at this game and should f off and die!! Leave me alone!

Person 2: yeah totally lol we are so cool eh

Person 1: yeah lulz were the best Top10 or gtfo

Zelow Game profile

May 22nd 2019, 19:11:31

Person 1: "OMG this game is dying what should we do!! We need new players and get the old players back"

Person 2: Yeah I agree

Xyle: Say no more, I got this

**Influx of old vets**

Person 2: WTF these players don't play how I want them to play!

Person 1: Yeah a bunch of toxic garbage! They suck at this game and should f off and die!! Leave me alone!

Person 2: yeah totally lol we are so cool eh

Person 1: yeah lulz were the best Top10 or gtfo

I want you to know I am laughing at you for making this cry baby post.
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - - (✖╭╮✖)

Hunter

May 24th 2019, 2:26:50

Do it. Unite us! Old Schoooool !!!!

Mister Ed Game profile

May 24th 2019, 16:38:50

Yes!!!!

Originally posted by Hunter:
Do it. Unite us! Old Schoooool !!!!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 14th 2019, 16:55:03

I see nothing has changed from when I retired before.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2019, 17:54:24

Correct, nothing to see here.
(•_•)

Chevs

Jun 14th 2019, 18:39:07

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
I see nothing has changed from when I retired before.

Plz elaborate
SOF Head Of Poop

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2019, 18:54:20

Originally posted by En4cer:
I reckon he wins this set - last look he had 120k land worth of tech ally leeches - that is what will get him over the line.

I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids! 3rd not bad in the circumstances :)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2019, 18:29:54

Ivanfluff

Ivan this is the first time I’ve ever considered liking you! You hit the nail on the head here my new buddy!

Helmet Game profile

Jun 16th 2019, 23:50:11

It's funny how nothing has changed. haha

TaSk1 Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2019, 13:10:49

WAAAAAAAAAAR HELMET!!
Witness the fitness!
IXMVP.

ninong Game profile

Jun 26th 2019, 2:47:09

Originally posted by Helmet:
It's funny how nothing has changed. haha

Helmet with 1337 posts. he's never posting on AT again
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Ov3rKiLL Game profile

Jun 26th 2019, 5:51:56

Unfortunately, games like this, Utopia, StarKingdoms, Star-Fury etc will die over time.

Gamers don't respect the strategy, maths + experience involved, they prefer instant gratification.

Neil Game profile

Jun 26th 2019, 16:19:42

wow ^^ thats a name I havent seen in ages!