Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 2nd 2017, 5:18:18

Last few sets have been great for techers, is it all because lpardess quit and he always ran techers?

Such small market I'm sure one decent techer more or less can affect it noticeably. But the difference is bigger than that. Techers are doing real well from low acreages even with these prices.

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 2nd 2017, 7:49:59

trying to recruit techers for this set :P
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

HitakoH Game profile

Nov 3rd 2017, 2:14:37

I did tech a lot, but sold very few of my tech, which helped maintaining the price high

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 3rd 2017, 6:44:31

So if you were a techer that did not sell tech, you didn't finish very high. Or you were a rainbow and didn't finish very high. I advise you to go full techer this set and sell as much tech as you can to buy military and grow. its epic. :)

DancingBear Game profile

Nov 17th 2017, 11:53:27

so ...

what do y'all think of this set's market so far?

- just curious

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 17th 2017, 13:52:28

Its volatile... The tech prices were on a steady decline and then I guess as the cashers started buying tech for real the affordable tech is bought out every day. I dont know how well the high priced techs sell though.

I guess its the natural swing of things, tho if those high priced techs actually sell this is a great set to be techer too.

DancingBear Game profile

Nov 17th 2017, 14:18:59

market history indicates some tech has sold high, but that could be dem traders spoofing the market by buying in their own tech from the market --- even if so, clearly it is a good market for techers ... again

but this set has had way higher bushel prices, best in awile if my memory serves

"market manipulation" is a valid tactic, imo, but doing it successfully and wining a set are not the same ... perhaps there are young manipulators stretching their wings, just seeing what they can accomplish, without any intention of converting it to a nw win? as long as there is no collusion, i'm ok with it

good luck to all

:)

ironxxx Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2017, 14:55:00

looks to me like too many commies and cashers

not enough techers and farmers

DancingBear Game profile

Nov 17th 2017, 15:15:26

ironxxx, i agree that there must be fewer farmers this set, and there really hasn't been much agr tech sold, so even the biggest producers are probably still runnng well under 200%, so we might have a genuine shortage -- at these prices nobody is destroying bushels by buying public and selling private

fewer techers with nobody making agr and fewer farmers too

stocking bushels now looks like nw suicide

i'd bet a lot of players have been stocking turns and are starting to feel the pressure to do something

an interesting market for sure

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 17th 2017, 15:56:26

I'm gonna need a lot of people to do NW suicide :)

XErwin RommelX Game profile

Nov 19th 2017, 14:39:18

what

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 20th 2017, 17:26:16

I had to play 124 turns bonus were gonna expire turns were gonna overflow yay for 78$ bushels killing my income -_-

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

HitakoH Game profile

Nov 20th 2017, 20:22:59

i finished with 15m networth. not so bad.

Zorp Game profile

Nov 21st 2017, 1:37:16

Not terrible, but not great.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 1st 2017, 14:22:15

Seems like this is the new price meta, high food prices and high tech prices til very late.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2017, 18:05:50

I'll run techer next set if you promise to leave my slow start alone lol.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 1st 2017, 23:03:32

You will do better with techer Derrick. Your casher gets real obese real fast and that is a balance that takes a long time o perfect. Cash start casher is really quite difficult to get right.

Techer usually only gets fat right at the switch and grabbing has barely started by then in general. Ofc techer is harder due to needing to grab and hope not to get retalled or suicided too much.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2017, 23:55:07

What are you running gerdy? I will run the same strat and undercut :p
Just shut up and have another beer

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 2nd 2017, 0:43:59

If I run a non-farmer you will likely run a demo and start buying out the food market at great cost to yourself just to grief me. :/

Walthorp Game profile

Dec 2nd 2017, 1:03:30

Count me as one in game A next set. :D

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2017, 1:20:12

I converted from a soft Indy farmer rainbow to full techer in around 500 turns before and it wasn't the most awful thing in the world. I donno. I didn't play this last set so if I do I'll be in a lower game. I'd be willing to beat the tech prices down and finish top 20 for promotion. Should make things funner for the top game.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 2nd 2017, 1:50:09

I'd convert sooner. I think it is slightly more efficient and much safer. That landfat indy/farmer is really nice to grab and then you got like 2-4 days left before you can think about retalling. Some really thin guy can grab you which is really annoying, I rather choose my landgrab targets than have them choose for me, haha. But if you are in lower level that shouldn't even matter lol. :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2017, 2:04:48

Yeah. I'll probably just rock all x to around 12k and convert on the last batch. Depending on who's in the game its probably a safe bet. Maybe rock theo just to knock it out in a timely fashion and avoid getting farmed. Force out a couple tech sequences before I resell ideally so I can be dropping like 50k bus and res points in for like $2k. No glory in winning game b anyways and could make for some massive top game cashers.

DancingBear Game profile

Dec 2nd 2017, 2:33:14

imo, discussing a game strat, in advance, on the forum, the only purpose of which is to skew the economy of the game in one direction, can not be considered "within the spirit" of the rules of the solo server ... it think it would be a kind of "economic suicider" situation --- is it really your intention to "not do very well" so as to improve the chances of some strats over others and announce it?

what if someone said "i want to see an oiler finanlly win and am going to do what i can to make it happen" ... would that be too far? where is the line for you?

i can see it is super early in the set and that your remarks could be in jest, but i think you are treading very near the edge of a slippery slope ...

;)

*bonus*

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2017, 3:57:28

I see your quotes and I looked for myself saying my intention was to not do very well and I just don't see it.

My intention is to finish top 20 in game b or c and get promoted. I think personally the fun way to do that would be to narf the tech market for a more exciting game a.

I'm not doing it to benefit any other users. I'm doing it on my own accord. And whether I choose to announce that or not is simply my prerogative and has nothing to do with the spirit of the server.

Imo the forums are a great way to discuss strats and make us all better.

Discussing my personal strat, again, is plainly a choice I can make if I want to.

Where do you draw the line? If I taught a new player how to run a casher here, would it be against the spirit of the server or would it be good for the game?

Edited By: DerrickICN on Dec 2nd 2017, 4:01:58
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2017, 5:56:02

I've been accused of a lot of things but I don't think helping Gerdler was ever one. Ha!

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 2nd 2017, 7:59:46

I'll run Commie MB reseller! if gerdler runs Theo farmer and beerdrinker runs Tyr casher.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 2nd 2017, 10:15:40

Every techer benefits every casher, farmer and Indy in the game lol. Also I think announcing the strat you are going to play should, if anything affect others to not play that strat and should be considered within the spirit of the game as it always has been. The reason it is even suggested is because the players are so few that one player more or less on one strat may affect the market.

I think one more solid player doing techer on tournament will only have marginal impact on the market prices. On primary it crashes them completely.

When the strat board used to be lively there was always frequently discussions of players in-game stats for bragging rights but also everyone's benefits. I miss those days.

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 3rd 2017, 0:22:38

lets all go techer then and just tech swap our points via the market.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

VicVixvi Game profile

Dec 4th 2017, 14:07:17

Originally posted by drkprinc:
I'll run Commie MB reseller! if gerdler runs Theo farmer and beerdrinker runs Tyr casher.

There was actually some noob in express last set that was running a theo oiler/farmer. I hit him and he got all p.o.'d about it. Kept trying to spy op me all game and never got one through. -v

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 4th 2017, 19:05:07

Originally posted by VicVixvi:
Originally posted by drkprinc:

There was actually some noob in express last set that was running a theo oiler/farmer. I hit him and he got all p.o.'d about it. Kept trying to spy op me all game and never got one through. -v

theo has its perks and can be used in many ways but the way I was suggeting for gerdler to run a theo farmer was to be all farms and sell on his private for 23$

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 4th 2017, 19:41:34

I would still get to 2a using that. thats really sad...

VicVixvi Game profile

Dec 4th 2017, 20:36:32

Yeah, I understood what you were saying DP. Theo has many uses. Straight Oiler/Farmer is not one of them

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 5th 2017, 18:52:46

Build fast, die young?

Bonus

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 5th 2017, 21:43:03

Theo oiler would be alright as the tech effectiveness don't affect it. Would actually make more than fascist oiler at low oil prices. Problem is it has to be done in a game that can support a full oiler, which leaves FFA and alliance.

Without Res/Bus tech Theo oiler makes more than fascist up to about $30/barrel!

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 5th 2017, 23:37:30

bonus

Hi Gerdler

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 5th 2017, 23:44:00

Hi, I'm not doing theo oiler this set so that slot is open for anyone who wishes!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2017, 0:29:34

What should be the networth goal for my theo rainbow to techer strat? I like to set my goals low so I constantly achieve them. I'll go for 6m. That's probably top ten in game c right? Lol

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 6th 2017, 0:38:14

don't set your goal so damn high start off reasonable like 3-4m

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2017, 0:39:31

Likely still good enough for game a

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2017, 4:08:52

Whelp, I've converted from farmer to indy. Techer is my next conversion in the set. Figure I should switch over to techer now in case I wanna knock out casher and mbr all in one set. Lol.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 9th 2017, 4:24:43

what about oiler? :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2017, 17:21:44

Ugh. I need more turns lol

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2017, 17:26:17

But if I go for oiler before I convert to mbr I'd only need one turn of buildings and some remaining oil. This could be possible. I will try lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 9th 2017, 19:50:41

you should have just started with building 1 turn of rigs in protection and claimed your oiler phase was done. :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2017, 21:34:12

Farmer and Indy are completed. Fully built as a techer now. Maybe 2 or 3 days of teching and then I'm on to casher, oiler and lastly mbr. Got a good feeling I'm going to make it lol.

HitakoH Game profile

Dec 17th 2017, 14:06:42

because few techers rhis set?

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 24th 2017, 12:08:27

And I'll hold out next round too.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Zorp Game profile

Dec 25th 2017, 16:11:58

I don't generally pay attention to tech prices this late on this server, but this is the first time in a long time that I'm teching on tourney. All I know is that it couldn't be much better for a techer than it has been this set. Thanks to all ya'll :)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2018, 2:27:58

My theo farmer -> Indy -> techer -> casher -> oiler -> mbr finished with 15m nw. Although I didn't win game c, I feel like I won game a. Haha

Time to step up the hybrid game to 20m. Haha

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 3rd 2018, 2:30:12
See Original Post