Verified:

sfbob Game profile

Aug 30th 2018, 15:53:52

Had a player declare war and launch a series of attacks as retal for a failed status spy op. They then set about trying to destroy my missiles but only got a few of then, I still had 22 chems and nukes left so launched them all and threw in as many harmful spy ops as I could. Anyway since when did people get so upset about a non harmful spy op?

user Game profile

Aug 30th 2018, 17:35:56

They don't generally but a few retards act irrationally, usually those that can't even begin to net or have been flattened and at that late stage in the game throw caution to the wind

I had 25 harmful spy ops for one LG, a few of them successful...

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 30th 2018, 18:17:54

If this was not in game A the answer is; get to game A.

If this was in game A the answer is; remove him from game A.

DancingBear Game profile

Aug 31st 2018, 4:02:32

+1

sfbob Game profile

Sep 2nd 2018, 12:04:53

Cheers - if only I knew how to get into game A I finished inside the top ten in game B but now I'm in game C ??? I feel I'm missing something here

user Game profile

Sep 2nd 2018, 12:36:27

When you progress to server A, you keep the same country name

You missed the option of creating a new country in server A of the same name as that of yours in server B

It's on the same screen where you typed the name of your new country in server C

Edited By: user on Sep 2nd 2018, 12:46:01
See Original Post

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 5th 2018, 19:16:08

Why not?
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

drkprinc Game profile

Sep 6th 2018, 9:19:40

I do this too, I see a failed spy op it looks like you had some intent of aggression towards me so I'll retaliate with real aggression. Although it has been long time since I've had to do this.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

sfbob Game profile

Sep 10th 2018, 15:12:37

The failed spy op shows whether it was harmful or not, it just seems pointless to retal a non harmful op. All it says is that someone was potentially evaluating you as a target and decided against it. If someone retals my spy op I'll retal their retal - fun way to get into a fight with someone I guess - I could do with some of this in game C it's boring as hell in here.

user Game profile

Sep 11th 2018, 17:36:45

plus 1.5

Edited By: user on Sep 11th 2018, 17:38:49
See Original Post

trumpoz Game profile

Sep 14th 2018, 7:09:41

Back in the Swirve days, Assassin used to AB a whole reset for a failed spy op on them. His country, Bushwood Country Club was generally left alone.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2018, 19:34:48

Usually when I have someone fail an intel op against me, I will immediately return the favor and spy on them, if they are ripe and juicy, then I might landgrab them. If they don't have enough spies and are a techer, I'll steal their tech a few turns every day for a while.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 22:23:00

Bushwood Couuntry Club riings a bell for me - yep - a danger danger claxxon - go there with eyes open kinda vibe ...

How long ago was that?

Cheers!

:)

Marshal Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 13:41:22

nearly 40 years ago. you are getting old.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 15:31:56

I feel old,, but 40 years seems way too long ... 20 years? Maybe ... perhaps probably, but i think not 25 years ... anyone else?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2018, 15:46:01

Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 19:39:21

movie is near 40 years old. assassin's doings 15-20 years.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 19:39:22

bad forum.

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 19:56:42

LoL ... yes ... there has been drift in this thread ... caddy shack was a special film during my youth ... most people enjoyed it, but some people really 'got it!" ...

But the earth player, aka Assasiin, the 15-20 year frame fits my memory ...tourney had allies in those days ... and 5 levels in the ladder hierachy .... something like a 1000 active players ...

*inhales a deep draught of nostalgia*

;)

Marshal Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 20:32:14

1k players? don't you mean 10k?

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 22:17:18

Could have been that many slots, but players were many and most didn't really stay in for the long term ... there was a lot of churn - but because you had to kerp the same name in tourney to progress up the ladder, you would see familar names over and over in the A and B-C levels. If you did particularly well in lower levels, you could jump more than one level. Anyway, the way i remember it, about half the players in the top 2 tiers were consistent regulars. And maybe that many again scattered in the lower levels. That would still have been less than 1000. Then, there were many who played up thru the levels for a year or so and then disappeard. So my impression as a a regular was that there were hundreds of other good players involved as well as a big group of motivated newbies, swimming in a sea of transient poor players. So staying in gameA became something of an accomplishment, but vets commonly doublle jumped the early levels to reach A-B-C in only 2 or 3 months.

So i stick with my estimate of perhaps the regulars and motivated newbies together numbered 1000 +/- .... the rest were little better than bots, but sometimes provided big comic relief, which bots never ever do.