Verified:

VicVixvi is BACK

Oct 1st 2017, 2:15:12

I finished 2nd in B this last reset. When I create my country for next reset, I see it listed in Game C. This happened to me last reset also but I thought it was because I changed country names, but this time I created the country using the same name?

Doesn't the top 25% of B & C move up to A?

drkprinc Game profile

Oct 1st 2017, 2:21:02

did you select the option to continue, or did you just re enter your name because thats not the same.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

VicVixvi is BACK

Oct 1st 2017, 2:33:05

No, I didn't see an option to continue. I figured it was some fluff-headed move I made, but didn't know what. I'll look for it next time. Watch out C lol. Thanks drkprinc.

Zorp Game profile

Oct 1st 2017, 2:56:26

Yeah, there is an option above to create a country in game A. The caveat is that you need to use the same country name each time you get back into A.

VicVixvi is BACK

Oct 1st 2017, 14:14:02

Thanx Zorp. I'll look for it next set. -v

HitakoH Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 1:52:17

I use the same name to go to rank a, good luck vcraig

VicVixvi Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 16:21:53

There's only 18 players in C. Thinking about going Tyranny and just wiping them all out to ensure a firs place finish lol (just kidding fellow C players ... really ...).

drkprinc Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 17:35:14

well you against 18 is not good odds in a fight, but fact is you only need to place 4th to make to game A

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

VicVixvi Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 18:22:46

Originally posted by drkprinc:
well you against 18 is not good odds in a fight, but fact is you only need to place 4th to make to game A

Oh yeah, I know that. 'Twas just foolin' around.

Tourney sure has changed from the old days though. Used be there'd be 50-100 in all the lower level games and then you'd move up to either B or C and then to A. Was tough to make top ten back then.

Edited By: VicVixvi on Oct 2nd 2017, 18:28:17
See Original Post

drkprinc Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 18:49:59

some sets there are close to 50 in b and c then a ends up with over 50 and b and c ends up with less.

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

VicVixvi Game profile

Oct 2nd 2017, 19:03:38

...and I didn't mention that back then probably half of the 'players' were multis. It's really nice not to get banged by 20 multi's just because you LG someone.

DancingBear Game profile

Oct 3rd 2017, 17:03:05

sounds like a "welcome back!" is in order

if you haven't played since the good old days, be reassured that the essence of the game is much the same, though there are some changes that require strategy rethinks, such as the corruption fee against cash balaces over $2B - yes, your cash balance can now go over the old $2B hard limit!! and as you mentioned, the multi-problem is largely absent (for the under 5 year players, imo, you'd need to experience it to appreciate the difference versus today's tourney)

so welcome back and good luck!

see you in A next set ;)

(bonus)

VicVixvi is BACK

Oct 3rd 2017, 19:55:06

Thanx DancingBear. I first played in 1998 and played off & on until around 2002 or 2003. This will be my third full tourney set back. *Hopefully* I'll see you in A next reset but still have to make it through C.

You are so right that they'd have to experienced the multis to know what we're talking about lol! I was actually one of the original members of a group called the multi-killers in Standard A. We were a bunch of self-styled vigilantes who's single goal was to take out as many multis as we could find. Most of us ended up getting our countries deleted by Mehul (who wouldn't do a d*mn thing about the mutlis!) but it was easy to create more back then lol.

The biggest difference I see besides the lack of multis is the bots in some servers and the etiquette between players. There was no "i'll hit you once and you retal once" back then. A single LG could lead to a set-long war between you & your allies and them and their allies. It's a lot tamer now days then it used to be which, in some ways, is nice for someone like myself who plays to see if I can better what I did last set.

Thanks again for the welcome back.
-v

HitakoH Game profile

Oct 10th 2017, 3:16:49

Lol are you serious I was so destroying multis too.

I left my clan to go wipe multies, I ABed the fluff off their countries and got destroyed within 2-3 hours after each strike and had to create another country each time and repeat.

We were tagged 4fun

VicVixvi Game profile

Oct 31st 2017, 0:09:41

...and right there it was, "Create country in A". Don't know how I missed it before! fluffin' noobs lol.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 8th 2017, 14:54:22

May the odds be ever in your favor!