Verified:

tekniques Game profile

Dec 10th 2017, 22:45:24

For real. Also how is bushels over 40 without any cashers and a bazillion fascists.

DruncK Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 3:24:21

Everybody who finishes well is completely self sustaining. Fasc are farmer/oilers who stock enough of each for oil tmbr

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 11th 2017, 5:47:54

Farmers don't sell much of their food.

It's a catch 22 situation: the market is not realiable -> people choose strategies that have limited need for the market and they invent ways to interact less with it -> this causes less turnover on the market, which makes it even less reliable.

sinistril Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 5:51:28

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Farmers don't sell much of their food.

It's a catch 22 situation: the market is not realiable -> people choose strategies that have limited need for the market and they invent ways to interact less with it -> this causes less turnover on the market, which makes it even less reliable.

And that is how recessions happen kids :P
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Zorp Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 5:53:36

This is nothing. Until last set, for half a year at least bushels would average 50, and hit 60 or 70 at points every set. A good all-x casher will hit 50M easy though, even in those conditions.

DruncK Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 11:55:46

What little bit of market fluidity there is you can all thank FM/CWG and suiciders

tekniques Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 15:32:02

What's oil tmbr?

I know converting to Theo while your stock is on the market to avoid the loss, then jumping off your private is a strategy, but Theo has to sell their bushels on the public market so how does that work here?

Wouldn't you wanna just jump as fascist or maybe demo? And what does oil have to do with it you just gonna get stuck with oil you can't sell it on private can you?

I've been out of the loop for years I dunno

Marshal Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 15:49:42

after buying priv empty then drop land to 1-100 acres and turn available oil to military units and buy all or as much as can of those oil generated units.

http://earthempires.com/forum/post/621884/perm

was supposed to make oiler more viable but did it happen or not is upto debate.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 11th 2017, 15:58:12

food can be sold as a monarchy for 35 on private and then you can switch to theo, build 1 turn of mil bases, drop all the rest of your land and then burn oil for units on your private market and buy them.

Ofc you have to do all this in the right order, keep the right tech levels and do your math right, but thats basically it

braden Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 16:43:54

Your order is wrong?
You build mbs with last turn before switch to mono. You don't want your bushels or money on hand for your one turns worth of bases.
Build, Mono, recall, sell, theo.

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 17:23:48

Originally posted by braden:
Your order is wrong?
You build mbs with last turn before switch to mono. You don't want your bushels or money on hand for your one turns worth of bases.

Ofc you have to do all this in the right order,
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

drkprinc Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 17:23:48

Originally posted by braden:
Your order is wrong?

Ofc you have to do all this in the right order,
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 11th 2017, 17:37:05

Yes. Theres basically 2 ways to do this depending on market prices, people need to do some legwork on their own. If mil tech prices are high or the market lacked the points to max mil tech you will want to build the MBs later. In alliance or FFA conditions and ideally on team too your order is right.

If you do build your MBs with $X billion on hand you will lose .1% of what exceeds 2B tho which is alright in my book compared to spending maybe $40k/acre on mil tech. High mil tech prices suck but are often a reality on team server because the techers are often few and oblivious to lategame market trends or even looking at the market. :)

braden Game profile

Dec 11th 2017, 20:02:00

Darkprince: I was asking more if my order was wrong, than I was saying his was.

tekniques Game profile

Dec 12th 2017, 2:41:04

Does anyone convert to full mbr without this land drop oiler business anymore?

Like old Theo tech > mbr

Marshal Game profile

Dec 12th 2017, 14:58:59

yes but since cost of build up is high and also takes more time (unless has very high bpt) when has alot land and during build up nothing is produced for selling and on last day (or last few days) not much tech is bought (until priv is emtied and no military on public) so not much money from techsales and also its slow compared to oil jump.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....