Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2018, 2:29:47

This has to be the most boring set I've ever played.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Rokkie Game profile

Sep 26th 2018, 9:34:02

Tell me about it.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 26th 2018, 13:22:46

you are in wrong team then. cwg, darkness, reborn and prolly some else have been warring.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SuperFly Game profile

Sep 26th 2018, 15:37:59

what tag are you guys in? my little restart can send you a few nukes to spice things up.

drkprinc Game profile

Sep 26th 2018, 15:45:26

we play in HCaFC
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2018, 16:42:44

fluff off drkprinc! LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2018, 17:07:37

HAHAHA
Originally posted by drkprinc:
we play in HCaFC

ROFL!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2018, 17:08:57

Originally posted by Marshal:
you are in wrong team then. cwg, darkness, reborn and prolly some else have been warring.
You're right., I need to find myself a clan who gets bullied a lot.

Who is the leader of CWG? :)

Marshal Game profile

Sep 26th 2018, 19:17:44

taker aka morticia.

koh loves missiles so give him some.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2018, 19:29:34

Didnt mean to fluffblock you Celphi but I'd rather be netting. Lol. No point in starting a war that will last a half dozen sets because you guys hold grudges when in reality I dont even feel like doing one more set in ten years of warring tags I've been thru it with a half dozen times already.

That said if you want to wall some hits and no one else in your tag cares, we could throw that together for ya I'm sure.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 26th 2018, 19:41:42
See Original Post

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2018, 4:14:48

I'd definitely be up for it,. except I'm not the only one eager to war. Likely the memo wouldn't get around to everyone & then it would morph into something bigger than originally planned.

I'll just have to hide in a smaller clan to find my wars I suppose.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2018, 4:23:30

Originally posted by Marshal:
taker aka morticia.

koh loves missiles so give him some.

You sir, fluff off too ,,!,, (-_-) ,,!,,
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Sep 27th 2018, 13:45:36

its teh truth.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 27th 2018, 21:43:31

Yeah unfortunately warring zz is never a one set thing and I've been down that road more than once. I could avoid the netting tag and just hit those three man war build tags. We are both war prepped and it just makes sense to revenge the blindside. But if I did that I'd probably be locked into warring zz for the entire winter, and I'm just not into that idea. I like warring on occasion but I dont like just aimlessly hitting the same tags for months straight.

If zz blindsided us for the 2nd set straight it would also stir up a several month mess as well. So I'm assuming we've just stalemated ourselves into boredom now to save ourselves from future more long running tedious boredom. Go us?

The_Hawk

Sep 27th 2018, 22:33:29

I was told to hold turns, and never got a msg to start running turns again. So yup.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

Nerrus Game profile

Sep 28th 2018, 8:09:16

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
I was told to hold turns, and never got a msg to start running turns again. So yup.
Ditto :(
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 28th 2018, 13:18:45

make arranged war with both sides having equal number of countries.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2018, 17:55:07

That won't stop grudges marshal. Theres already a personal vendetta there and attempting to arrange would only further that divide. Hitting into an already existing server war while doubling their numbers got my netting tag blindsided the following set. Has nothing to do with us both looking for war or having even numbers or anything. If it did, people in zz would have thanked me for winning them that war by hitting villains. They just dont like me personally, so any reason to attempt to run me out of the game is good enough for them. It's unfortunate and unsportsmanlike. But the fact is, if I want to net, which both me and the Ebert's and ashes of this world want to, we cant ever war even their wartag because people are just butthurt constantly and hold stupid grudges. I dont feel like being ab fsed here all summer and I'm sure those guys dont want to ab fs me all summer. Does it make sense for us to war this set? Absolutely. Would it have been more fun? Absolutely.

I've learned by now from maki and gerdler that "it isnt about having fun." Our intentions in that way are very different. They dont do it for fun or else I wouldn't get blindsided while netting. It's only war for grudges. I dont have those. I dont hate anyone in this game. I just try to make the individual sets I play as fun as possible. When the response to that is almost continuously someone taking it personally and thereby attempting to intentionally make the game less fun for other players, that's a pattern. And likely toxicity I should try to avoid if the end game is having fun.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 28th 2018, 18:06:32
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Sep 28th 2018, 19:51:21

well then you are weird.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 29th 2018, 21:06:13

Even though I don't agree with Gerd 100% of the time., I do appreciate the time he's invested which directly contributed to the stability of this server. During the Elder era., I don't think a single netting clan could net except for Weedy.

It may be a very boring set., but that's me being selfish. I'm kinda glad the netters got to net in peace this set.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2018, 6:10:15

Yeah in that way I think I chalk it up to being "for the best" as well. Deciding really if next set is like semi farming and killing reborn whenever they get big. Would probably be a decent strat for land. Land farming netting tags and getting killed is a bit of a pattern for them. That's all the fun for us I see around some netting next set. The zz, villains, hcfc and freebuch wins recently have been borderline uncontested. 3 of the 4 were always half smashed (cept the one hcfc didnt exist. Then zz was the only one that got grief but villains had only 4 tagged) hahaha. Would be interesting to see all 4 net. Then again I'm probably dreaming haha. One of us is going to end up having to kill reborn or some crap haha.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 30th 2018, 6:13:23
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 30th 2018, 12:49:29

Unsportsmanlike lol... kid

All I ever do is make sure that unsportsmanlike blindsides don't go unpunished. This set I could rest which is all I ever want to do.
And you are damned right I would war thoughout the winter and to the summer and the next winter again if that is what it takes to let us net again. Looks to me like it's working. If we stopped fighting back you would run us of the server like your friends did to so many before. You want people to stop fighting back, so you can laugh at them and kill them for free while their game experience is being ruined, it's why you mainly focus on hitting netters in the past.

I have been forced to war (mostly blindsides) by tags you are in 5 times on team server and 4 times on alliance. We did it once on team server after you hit into us the set before. I'm sorry but you are just not gonna get away with calling US unsportsmanlike when that is near as makes no difference all you have done in your recent EE history. :)

No one buys this new persona of Derrick "the protecter of all netters" because for 1.5 years you were the torchbearer for the "LaF and ZZ will never net again"-movement. It's good that you no longer act and say those things in public. But you say them in private to me pretty much every time we talk, still, and I guess everyone else sees through it as well. Either way I don't really care. I've won everything there is to win and I'm only playing these tagged servers for my friends now.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2018, 20:56:56

Ok, gerdy. For the 400th time I only came back to this game a bit ago. You should really just look at my profile man. Please do it. You continue to sound like totally crazy regarding my resume. I feel like you think I go all this way back and I really dont. I was recruited to come mess with laf. I obviously didnt do FA in my first couple sets. You have at least that much common sense. I just joined a tag with old friends. You know how it is. I dont possibly know how I could be carrying that torch that long when I have been back to the game little over that. Try again.

In any case last set was absolutely an unsportsmanlike blindside on a netting tag. You're no saint fam. You should figure out a way to punish that lol. Since you make sure that happens to all of them, as you say. That was in response to me joining an already existing server war in a very sportmanlike way. But again. You're more focused on revenge and grudge warring than having fun. Already been pointed out. You only furthered that point when you started talking. I am glad you noted I have friends that run people off. You do too buddy. Especially from the old days. I cant think of a single person I've run off while you attempt to actually do that to my friends. I've never once made that a goal. Do you really think I'd blindside you netting with my netting tag that's warred a total of once? That's totally ridiculous. I only warred you because you were already at war, and I consider being the only 5 man netting tag a lame victory.

I have no desire to blindside netters. It makes for a stupid war and gains will agree with me on that. Been in too many wars to feel like smashing thru the helpless is still fun.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 30th 2018, 20:59:07
See Original Post

archaic Game profile

Sep 30th 2018, 21:13:48

Preach it Gerdler.

Derrick came back, linked up with the likes of Drunk and schweezy and immediately started burning trees indiscriminately for lulz. Then came the surprise to find out what everybody else always knew - the ability to net successfully generally implies the ability to war successfully as well. After a year of getting curbstomped by 'helpless netters' he's suddenly hugging trees loudly.

Gerd and I come from the same school - you launch an unprovoked blind side on my tag for entertainment, I will consider nothing less than 3 sets of napalming your schools to be a sufficient response. A short fuse and a long memory are the keys to longevity around here.

I'm going to be tagless in a few days, if you guys would like to start some kind of rumble squad thats not just going to FS a bunch of all-x netters, I'd be down for a set.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2018, 21:36:59

Yeah. That's actually a more accurate description. Only thing I can contest about that is the rationale of why I netted. I was netting on ffa and Express within a few weeks of coming back. I've always enjoyed doing both. And the curb stomping too. Ive won more than I've lost...

I do get we were unprovoked in hitting them but since war was already on and us and a 4 man villains were the netters left out of the war it only seemed like the right thing to do. Wake up villains, kill some guys whatever etc. No easy boring win netting as the only netters. Certainly not an easy win hitting villains. Challenging. Fun. Etc.

Part of me wonders if zz had not been suicided and hit and stuff if they'd still hit us. So in that way I understand the sentiment of "of we dont get to net, no one who hit us last set in the server war does." I can buy that.

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2018, 21:44:44

Can't we all just get along.

https://youtu.be/-LI8X-GhFA8

For the record I don't particularly like country music but I do love beer drinking songs.
Just shut up and have another beer

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2018, 22:58:46

Haha. Considering the last set elders and laf warred was the first set I had anything to do with FA, I'd say resoundingly the answer to that is yes. Lol. I also quit elders on team because the same endless war with zz was dull. If I were calling those shots I wouldn't have left. I would have figured out a way to stop that nonsense lol.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Sep 30th 2018, 23:05:34
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2018, 23:07:30

It's actually funny to be talked smack about in elders for being soft on netters while getting talked about by the netters like trash. Only I could find a way to get in that position haha

DruncK Game profile

Oct 1st 2018, 0:22:23

I wanted to watch the server burn, TBH I'm still a tad sour at Derrick for getting villains involved.

This server is an absolute drag to net on, prove that I am wrong.

archaic Game profile

Oct 1st 2018, 0:44:36

Originally posted by DruncK:
I wanted to watch the server burn, TBH I'm still a tad sour at Derrick for getting villains involved.

Nobody cares though. The whole meta of team is broken, too small of teams have too many turns which makes a FS a 100% guaranteed win. Warring is completely broken so the only way to win is to avoid it. Team is the only server where multiple tags have had 1:kill policies for years that are easily enforceable.

Landgrabs between established tags ALWAYS lead to war, and all wars on Team server are multi-set grudge fests. Ergo, if you want to net you had better keep your hands to yourself.

In addition, because I can store and have so fluffing many turns on Team, it makes suiciding here massively OP. So grabbing spam tags and solos is pretty much out as well.

So, if all the land available is what you can explore for, then the market is the only variable to optimizing netting = a boring server where everybody walks around armed to the teeth being very polite to one another. The Team server is Dodge City and we're all peaceful farmers here.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 1st 2018, 1:03:57

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Part of me wonders if zz had not been suicided and hit and stuff if they'd still hit us. So in that way I understand the sentiment of "of we dont get to net, no one who hit us last set in the server war does." I can buy that.

Have we ever acted in another way? We have never been the original offenders, do keep that in mind, will you?
We do retaliate, tho I know that concept is weird for you and you seem to equate it to keeping a grudge alive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 1st 2018, 5:58:29

I wanted to watch the server burn

All you got out of this is poor CWG getting killed yet again

Veritas

Oct 1st 2018, 9:39:32

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Have we ever acted in another way? We have never been the original offenders, do keep that in mind, will you?
We do retaliate, tho I know that concept is weird for you and you seem to equate it to keeping a grudge alive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ZZ's FS Policy = Curb Stomp aka Grudge fluff for those who FS them... In a nutshell just stay clear of ZZ and you get to keep all of your molars etc. Which makes we wonder, perhaps ZZ are a bunch of violent convicts with to much internet access.

Edited By: Veritas on Oct 1st 2018, 9:43:51
There can be no chosen one; only we can save ourselves.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 1st 2018, 15:30:55

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Right. That's exactly what I'm saying. Some of us do it in the spirit of having a good time. As in the only set we warred aside this from this one where reborn decided it needed to die. After war one we join existing war 2 and kill reborn restarts. Point is I'm not jumping any netters for sure Haha. Sometimes when I look at a set progress, war will seem like the more fun option, or you know, reborn will triple tap us. I dont really ever look at it in a sense of getting back at someone or something like that.

But yes, we're saying the same thing here. That I look at war as a concept of something in this game that can be fun at times. You only engaged in war with us from a perspective of revenge. So it makes sense I guess to blast thru a netting tag who happened to participate in a server war from your point of view. Lol. I'm just not thinking that's all that fun. And since my goal in warring is fun, you and I have very different ways of thinking about it.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 1st 2018, 15:33:19
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 1st 2018, 15:38:54

Originally posted by archaic:

Nobody cares though. The whole meta of team is broken, too small of teams have too many turns which makes a FS a 100% guaranteed win. Warring is completely broken so the only way to win is to avoid it. Team is the only server where multiple tags have had 1:kill policies for years that are easily enforceable.

Landgrabs between established tags ALWAYS lead to war, and all wars on Team server are multi-set grudge fests. Ergo, if you want to net you had better keep your hands to yourself.

In addition, because I can store and have so fluffing many turns on Team, it makes suiciding here massively OP. So grabbing spam tags and solos is pretty much out as well.

So, if all the land available is what you can explore for, then the market is the only variable to optimizing netting = a boring server where everybody walks around armed to the teeth being very polite to one another. The Team server is Dodge City and we're all peaceful farmers here.

Yeah. Unless the war is arranged or involves several teams, it's almost not even worth warring here. You could probably FS Villains and lose 1 on 1 tho. Haha. That's why we hit them in the server war. More fun to wall than win anyways. Hahaha

archaic Game profile

Oct 1st 2018, 21:16:07

Five players can store about 900 turns, which can be three kills in the FS if you have chems. Unlikely villains would go down easy, but team server FS are broken so revenge always has to wait til next set.

Most of us hate warring anymore and it's not 'fun' for us, so we try to brutally punish war tags so they won't be tempted to try it again.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 1st 2018, 22:58:04

Honestly the only temptation I've gained or lost is that if I decide it's a set that I'm warring either because of earlier wars or a lack of netting tags, and zz is already at war, I'm just going to take the opportunity to join the anti zz side and not do things to make it even and close like I have previously. Otherwise I still dont have a ton of desire to war zz. That wasn't the case before and it still is.

I certainly won't be blindsiding someone metting for revenge to my netting blindside tho. That doesn't make sense.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 1:32:48

FS only plays a role if your members are inactive. 1 player can easily eat all 5 players attacks.

That’s why I said it about 2yrs ago that’s it’s better to AB than GS.

But for me.. I value spy ops over any atk.

archaic Game profile

Oct 2nd 2018, 3:12:33

Originally posted by Celphi:
FS only plays a role if your members are inactive. 1 player can easily eat all 5 players attacks.

That’s why I said it about 2yrs ago that’s it’s better to AB than GS.

But for me.. I value spy ops over any atk.

Bullfluff, there is no way you are sitting around all set ready to wall if you get blind side FS for 30 days.

AB have been preferred in protracted war for a lot longer than 2 years, but on team the ability to remove three countries in 2 minutes makes GS kills the choice for FS, especially because nobody on Team carries a lot of troops. If you don't have chems you only get 2 kills and ABd cripple - but once you delete 40% of their turns in a 5v5, its over.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 4:08:09

I've done it before multiple times vs Elders. The one and only time I've died on TEAM was when Elders cheated and got all purpled.

You don't have to sit and wait... it's called alerts on your mobile & running IRC at my job while I work.

Mathematically it's not even possible to kill a player who walls correctly with SDI.

Also,,.. I'm not only one who can do it, I'm 100% certain AzN can do it too. TBH AzN is probably a better waller than I., I'm more of a spy ops strategist.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 4:23:09

-7% readiness lost per attack.
+3 per turn.

So tyranny loses 4% per attack.
It's stops at around 22%. (Depends, if you attack at 23% you can get it to 19%)

So let's give it the best case scenario of 20 attacks.

20 turns attack. (at 20% readiness)
20 turns recover (at 100%)
20 turns attack (at 20%)...
ect... for 180 turns.

100 turns to attack with.

5 players = 500 attacks.

500 * 5min civ = 2500 civ

180 (to wall with) * 40 (recovered each turn) = 7200 civs lol

( 7200 > 2500 ) (lots of room to play with or error with walling)

So it's all very possible to wall with one person. And if you ask me., the team who does the FS now has low turns to wall with,. so now the CS should be easy.

Edited By: Celphi on Oct 2nd 2018, 4:33:04

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 2nd 2018, 4:26:29

Also-- the math above only accounts for the last 300 civs of a country's population. It takes turns to get that player to 300 civ.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 3rd 2018, 21:17:56

I don't know why you dont just do the math right instead. :P

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2018, 4:20:29

Because I try to put it in layman terms.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2018, 4:43:39

I want to see it in laychick terms....yeah?, please?
(•_•)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2018, 5:26:37

^ lol koh

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 4th 2018, 5:30:26

I just noticed my math is wrong for recovering. It should be more than 4%., either way it still doesn’t come close. :P

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 4th 2018, 15:26:49

I think you can get 190 turns(with a tick) and thats 570% readiness recovered or enough for 92 attacks and you will actually land on 26% readiness.

Every 8 GS needs a turn to recover if perfect walling. If you wall at 10 civ/hit and with constant bioterror its still 2 GS per turn, which means if you sit on 160 turns you wont die without either failing to wall, having bad SDI or being SRed for readiness with great success deep into spy DR(=mod spal is 1/20th or lower than the aggressors).

What you are stating, tho correct, that a tag that is war-prepped to the teeth gets FSed by a tag as war-prepped as them has the advantage due to walling the FS, is but a theoretical construct but a practical impossibility. You will never see a tag that is prepped to the teeth get FSed by another tag that is as prepared on team server.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 5th 2018, 2:07:48

Don't ever mention "netting" on this server :/ :(

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.