Verified:

Who Is This

Aug 15th 2011, 1:53:30

will have about 7-8 billion stocked - should i switch to tmbr ?

Marshal Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 20:28:17

on what server? before switching it would be good to have mil tech somewhat maxed so stock can be spent on buying priv. mkt.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Rockman Game profile

Aug 16th 2011, 2:21:37

It depends on your landsize, your bpt, how much time is left in the set, and how the market prices affect the rate at which you are stockpiling.

A semi-simple calculation would be:

current stockpile plus amount you would stockpile during the time it takes to switch to MBR. Divide by 1 billion, then multiply this by 4.5
that is how much networth you would jump as a theo non-MBR

current stockpile minus the cost of switching all your buildings to military bases. Divide by 1 billion, then multiply this by 6
that is how much networth you would jump as a theo MBR

you want to start jumping when you can buyout your PM every day without having to sell any military until around 24-72 hours left in the set. If you would run out of stockpile earlier than this, then you should keep stocking.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 16th 2011, 3:56:04

Note the units of Rockman's NW growth estimates are millions of dollars, not dollars.

Who Is This

Aug 18th 2011, 3:53:12

ok here are the details

680 cs
23k land
2 billion cash
60 million bushels
800k tech

Rockman Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 5:18:40

At 23k acres it will cost just barely under $2 billion to switch to TMBR. It will also take about 110 turns. During those 110 turns, you'll get some production while switching buildings, so you'll probably lose out on about $1b worth of production for those 110 turns (as a rough estimate).

In all, the switch to TMBR will cost about $3b in terms of lost production and cost of buildings.

If you ended up with 8b stockpile, you'd lose $3b to the switch, and get 6m networth per billion on the other 5b, for a 30m networth jump. After completing the switch (which would take about 1.5 days), it would take about 1.5 days to jump.

If you didn't switch to MBR, you'd end up with 8b stockpile, and you'd get 4.5m networth per billion on all of it, for a 36m networth jump. It would take about 2 days to jump. Because it would take slightly longer to jump as a non-MBR, you'd get about half a day more of stockpiling in if you jumped as a MBR, or about another $400m worth of stockpile, but still not enough to make it better than not switching to MBR.

legion Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 14:29:03

Dont switch to theo
Nobody puts baby in a corner

Who Is This

Aug 18th 2011, 19:31:11

ok so what is tye verdict

Marshal Game profile

Aug 18th 2011, 20:37:44

its your country but rockman's advice is switch.

Drinks Game profile

Aug 20th 2011, 13:28:23

Originally posted by Rockman:

If you ended up with 8b stockpile, you'd lose $3b to the switch, and get 6m networth per billion on the other 5b, for a 30m networth jump.

If you didn't switch to MBR, you'd end up with 8b stockpile, and you'd get 4.5m networth per billion on all of it, for a 36m networth jump.

Did you just say he would finish with 6m more nw if he didnt switch??? And then told him switching would be better. Seems like those statements contradict lol.

Cause from your calculations he shouldnt switch to MBR.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Rockman Game profile

Aug 20th 2011, 16:59:40

but still not enough to make it better than not switching to MBR.

Ah, I put "not" in there twice. Damn double negatives get confusing. It should have read:

but still not enough to make it better than switching to MBR.

Drinks Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 10:29:09

I think im more confused now haha. Dam the english language. We should just speak with grunts

*Grunt grunt*
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Marshal Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 18:20:03

rockman says mbr switch gives more nw than non mbr switch.

hanlong Game profile

Nov 19th 2011, 22:28:51

he actually said MBR switch is 30M, non MBR Is 36M. how is mbr switch better? :P
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Pain Game profile

Nov 20th 2011, 12:30:30

well technically after reselling the MBR would be a little closer as youd be making an additional 33% on all military sold. this is assuming you plan to do some reselling
Your mother is a nice woman

Brink Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 13:15:18

Rockman,

Using the same example: What about Theo switch, no MBs, and just buy off private at the lower cost?