Verified:

Tin Man

Apr 11th 2012, 15:58:56

I am at 3800 acres and saving turns for batch explore but I want to get by BPT upto 100(50 atm)

(this is on tech start ups with 50k res/bus and 75 agri farmers)

should I build my CS before or after my next batch explore?

caffeineaddict Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 16:35:38

Depends. Do you want a little bit more money or a little bit more interest?

Are you producing enough spies that will reduce the possibility that somone will be able to get a successful op through. If you're not producing many spies, then i'd go cs then explore.

If you explore first you will probably have unwanted attention and be subject to one or more landgrabs

Tin Man

Apr 11th 2012, 17:30:36

that, good sir is where you're wrong ;)

and besides I don't discourage random grabs in the least

Marshal Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 18:51:39

tm retals hard?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Tin Man

Apr 11th 2012, 19:06:07

the hardest ;)

tduong Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 5:44:28

if you are doing 3800 acres tech start then 40-50 bpt is good. I normally do 40 since i will have plenty of turns to build cs afterwards.

The whole point of tech start is to give you a boost so you can keep up with production and therefore networth also. Naturally you want to get it done asap then move onto converting and LGing.

I don't know how you want to do another batch explore because your explore rate will fall nearly half and you need those turns for cs. Unless you're running an all explore, which is worthless in all servers besides express, it's much faster to get land doing a 3-5 PS a day. Express is good for all explore because you can store so many turns. It's actually still affective to explore up to 7600 acres. After that, it's a waste of turns IMO.

I don't know about alliance servers, not into political retal policies, NAPs, DNH and all that bs.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

Apr 12th 2012, 6:43:14

All explore isn't that worthless in tourney. I had $26m lastset as theo casher and i'm pretty sure i could do better

tduong Game profile

Apr 12th 2012, 7:03:19

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
All explore isn't that worthless in tourney. I had $26m lastset as theo casher and i'm pretty sure i could do better

lol, yes i get. You did good once. I also shot 20 3pointers in a row once. I'm sure I could do better but that's not the point.

He's asking for the fundamentals. Go stroke your ego somewhere else.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2012, 1:52:03

You can hit 175M+ NW on alliance with an all-explore which isn't too shabby.

Depending on available targets and whether you get retal'd, exploring up to 10k acres is often comparable to grabbing in alliance. Granted, those who are willing to camp targets can do much better, but that's not really part of the fundamentals either.

In general, you should have enough tech from your tech start so that even doubling your land won't make too big of a difference to your tech levels, and your overall production should increase with more acres even if they are not built. Since you are a farmer, you don't have to worry about percentage based buildings like a casher would, so without doing any real calculation, I think it would be more productive to explore and then build the CS after while your income is slightly higher. It's probably a ~7% increase for each turn after exploring prior to building.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 15th 2012, 21:25:43

100 bpt will always be a waste in tourney. always.

50-60 is fine. 70-75 if u run a ttr. no more. and thats for the most prolific of grabbers.

those avg players can probably be sufficient with 20 pct less.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

Apr 15th 2012, 22:10:24

I wasn't stroking my ego. I was saying that you were wrong and providing evidence

All explore clearly isn't worthless though i will concede that grabbing is more likely to deliver better results if you can avoid retals.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 15th 2012, 22:12:47

people in tourney are less likely to retal.

sometimes i feel its more worth grabbing an allx, even if i have to send more and lose more military

because that person would have to go from 0 offense to X to break me. versus hitting someone who clearly already has offense and has shown the ability to attack and attack successfully.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

tduong Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 7:29:34

Originally posted by Tertius:
You can hit 175M+ NW on alliance with an all-explore which isn't too shabby.

Depending on available targets and whether you get retal'd, exploring up to 10k acres is often comparable to grabbing in alliance. Granted, those who are willing to camp targets can do much better, but that's not really part of the fundamentals either.

In general, you should have enough tech from your tech start so that even doubling your land won't make too big of a difference to your tech levels, and your overall production should increase with more acres even if they are not built. Since you are a farmer, you don't have to worry about percentage based buildings like a casher would, so without doing any real calculation, I think it would be more productive to explore and then build the CS after while your income is slightly higher. It's probably a ~7% increase for each turn after exploring prior to building.

sorry, but alliances is whacked. I've never seen so many countries sitting on 20k+ acres with like 2.5 mil net and loads of cash and bushels on hand.

tduong Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 7:33:25

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
I wasn't stroking my ego. I was saying that you were wrong and providing evidence

All explore clearly isn't worthless though i will concede that grabbing is more likely to deliver better results if you can avoid retals.

yes you were because your statement added nothing to helping this guy besides boosting your own ego about how good you are. He wanted strategy guide with batch explores and cs/bpt, not what the possibility with all explore net.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 8:12:49

okokok. new goal. next set. beat caffine addicts 26M nw as an allx in tourney.

Apr 16th 2012, 9:06:41

Well, i could have pointed at brink who generally plays all-x and has had many top 10 finishes in game a but i know that there have been times he has made retals so i cannot say for certain what nw he has reached without making any attacks.

My initial post was in order to draw attention to the possibility that exploring would a) increase money quicker, b) increase the possibility of being grabbed and c) hint that a current low spal would benefit from turns spent buikding cs.

Not knowing tin man or his experience, nor the current make-up of his country means that a good answer to his question is difficult, unles you want to type lots to cover all eventulities.

My initial post made no assumptions about tin man's strategy other than his wish to either build cs or explore and i was trying to find out whether he would risk being grabbed or not.

My statement about being all-x was to counter your false statement that all-x is worthless in tourney. It did nothing to directly address tin man's query and was not intended to.

I reserve the right to stroke my ego if i win game a but i doubt that will ever happen. I concede that there are many other players that are better than i am - maybe even jj (but don't let him know that i said that)

chem20 Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 17:27:53

yep

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 22:26:16

i will say tourney is the only server where an allx can be comparable to an attacking country simply because there arnt that many countries to hit.

recently ive discovered the dec war and farm for 2 days strategy. if it wasnt for that and you didnt double tap, its almost impossible to get 20k land.