Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2012, 16:28:50

I have been attacked by countries and I have not been able to retaliate even though I have declared war on the country in question. Why?
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 16:44:12

Depends on the reason given to you, and on the specific server rules.

Reason 1: Humanitarians

This is a game rule that you may only attack or be attacked by someone that is within

Alliance, FFA, Express, Team: 12x to 1/12 of your Networth
Primary: 4x to 1/4 of your Networth
Tournament: 8x to 1/8 of your Networth

For example, a country that has attacked you may have attacked you at maybe 11.5x your size, then bought more units to jump out of your 12x NW range.

Reason 2: GDI

Joining GDI reduces the attack Networth range to between 1/2 to 2x of your Networth (if either attacking or defending country is in GDI, this becomes active). Declaring war negates the GDI protection effect, but Humanitarians can still prevent you from attacking.

However, on Express and Primary servers, GDI functions totally differently, it doesn't reduce the attack NW range at all. Instead, GDI protects a country from _most_ harmful spy ops (doesn't protect steal tech) and protects against all attack types that are not SS/PS.

If you are in GDI, you may only get special attacked (anything not SS/PS/steal tech) by a country you have attacked more than once over the reset. The catch? You have to join GDI before your first attack of the set or you are barred the remainder of the reset. Also, you cannot leave GDI after joining it.

Note, you are allowed to declare war on someone that is outside your humanitarians range. This bug isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon although it has been reported heaps.

Reason 3: Vacation mode

A country in vacation cannot be attacked. It can only enter vacation at least 18 hours after its last attack. Countries exit vacation automatically with less than 14 days left in a reset.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 17:13:59

Originally posted by Cerberus:
I have been attacked by countries and I have not been able to retaliate even though I have declared war on the country in question. Why?

This is why blid told you your "WAR MACHINE" countries would be toothless, lmfao!

"However, on Express and Primary servers, GDI functions totally differently, it doesn't reduce the attack NW range at all. Instead, GDI protects a country from _most_ harmful spy ops (doesn't protect steal tech) and protects against all attack types that are not SS/PS.

If you are in GDI, you may only get special attacked (anything not SS/PS/steal tech) by a country you have attacked more than once over the reset. The catch? You have to join GDI before your first attack of the set or you are barred the remainder of the reset. Also, you cannot leave GDI after joining it.

Note, you are allowed to declare war on someone that is outside your humanitarians range. This bug isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon although it has been reported heaps."
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 17:53:54

most likely its humas, you didn't tell how big/small attackers were so either they jumped out of your range (bought or got fa'd) or dropped out of your range if they were just in range to hit, in 1st case you need to jump to get in range and in 2nd case you'd need to drop your nw to get in range and that might not be best thing to do.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2012, 22:09:16

Originally posted by crest23:
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This is why blid told you your "WAR MACHINE" countries would be toothless, lmfao!

"However, on Express and Primary servers, GDI functions totally differently, it doesn't reduce the attack NW range at all. Instead, GDI protects a country from _most_ harmful spy ops (doesn't protect steal tech) and protects against all attack types that are not SS/PS.

Note, you are allowed to declare war on someone that is outside your humanitarians range. This bug isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon although it has been reported heaps."

MORON, I did not start playing the game in question until it was half over, thus, I did not have the time to build a serious country. You should think before putting your mouth in gear to make sure your brain is turning over.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 22:23:12

*grabs popcorn and sits down to enjoy from show*
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....