Verified:

TheTruth

Feb 5th 2012, 21:15:47

wtf? you make that hit on me in an attempt to go for a landtrade. im gonna farm the fluff out of you. no topfeeding allowed son.

TKO time.

IfoundYouCheating

Feb 6th 2012, 2:11:50

Found yoU JJ :*
~I.Y.C~
•The Anti Cheat•

Originally posted by JJ23:
do this to me again next reset, and you will all get run into the ground. ill create 40 countries on this server discretely if i have to do end you fools.

ingle Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 2:36:53

Please don't pretend to be someone whom you're not.

Zhu Ge Liang top fed someone that definitely isn't TheTruth (aka JJ). Because I know the owner of the country top fed and he doesn't play team or express.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2012, 2:40:18

Haha :/
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

herbs12 Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 2:46:22

Lol

Reroll

Feb 6th 2012, 3:38:26

Why would he wanna lie about all this? Just amused me. When I asked a Rep in top 10 whether he is JJ (due to his playing style), he said he is Omar. Which I found out later from another player Omar and JJ is the same person. *speechless*

IfoundYouCheating

Feb 6th 2012, 3:45:05

Omar=TheTruth=JJ23
~I.Y.C~
•The Anti Cheat•

Originally posted by JJ23:
do this to me again next reset, and you will all get run into the ground. ill create 40 countries on this server discretely if i have to do end you fools.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 5:20:00

The time he has dedicated to this game is amazing! Runs multiple game accounts, gets deleted, recreats multiple accounts again. Then now he's running at least 3 (III) THREE forum accounts? How does one keep track of it all?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 7:44:55

Damn, gotta grab before he is deleted

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 18:43:37

Ingle are u Ingaland? who is also an offensive ally to Zhu Ge Liang?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2012, 18:53:13

I don't believe you're allowed to disclose intel, grimjoww. :/ pm him.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

ingle Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 18:55:26

No - I am not running Ingaland (despite the similarities in the name).

Although whoever is running Ingland does allow others to leech jets (especially one of the fattest commies in the game).

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 18:56:24

oh sorry ingle . my mistake :D

blid

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2012, 18:57:10

Anyone see this fat grab?

2012-02-06 17:08:40 PS EEVIL WAR MACHINE (#40) This is a total waste of time (#106) 5000A (7308A)
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 18:57:42

thats a huge grab :)

blid

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2012, 18:58:36

I was looking at the scores thinking wow, since when did EEVIL have this much land? turns out, since 17:08:40, haha.

grimjoww Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 19:00:28

/me prepares to LG

crest23 Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 20:56:00

There'll be a retal that will be huge as well.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 2:16:56

that's awesome!!!
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

Reroll

Feb 7th 2012, 2:27:13

Another bigger grab in the same country. This time 10k land. ^^

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 2:29:19

Holy cow. I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger grab on primary.

afaik Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 7:05:54

2011-11-01 04:45:17 PS Suicidal Tendencies (#36) Peace is not an option (#108) 7638A (11271A)

although to be fair that was a retal... i just remembered the huge exchange.

Edited By: afaik on Feb 7th 2012, 7:09:29
See Original Post

tenshim0 Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 12:22:07

hmmm, lookin for jetterssss
Your forces invaded tiekoon (#447)!
They broke through the defender's defences!
They took:
30,503 Acres(31,175 Gained)
1395 Buildings(672 Destroyed)

Im MrB

crest23 Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 14:43:03

The retal cost Evil over 1 mill NW loss for a whopping 1867 acre gain. Hope if was worth it for him.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 14:50:22

Waste of time gained 2899 on the trade, not too bad an exchange for him.

tduong Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 15:03:41

Not sure how much he would gain from doing the retal on the dict.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 15:16:33

It would be a big grab but I'm not sure if he would be able to break even.

ingle Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 15:43:30

Originally posted by crest23:
The retal cost Evil over 1 mill NW loss for a whopping 1867 acre gain. Hope if was worth it for him.

I think it probably cost over $1 mil if you include re-building costs in addition to military lost in attacking/defending.

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 16:17:53

Was turns away from getting away with it. Damn bad luck with goods not selling last night. Lol.

It was always a close risk, but I think it was worth a try to get that far ahead. It is a risk for him just to Retal as well, as he is now 90% jets. Lmao. I think there will be more 10k acre grabs to come from the smaller acre countries.... You're welcome. Hehe
The EEVIL Empire

crest23 Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 16:46:54

There was no way you were getting away with that. I don't care how many turns you think you had. It was coming, either now or later. It was never worth it from the beginning. You effectively took your self out of the running for sure. He hasn't failed a single hit, so you had to know when he came there wouldn't be a DH.

He played a risky game and paid for it. You played a risky game and paid for it too.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 16:58:24

He didn't "take himself out of the running," that's nuts! It's a long round and he only lost a couple million networth. That cost isn't so huge that you can say for sure the risk wasn't worth it. And still gained 1800 land, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Edited By: blid on Feb 7th 2012, 17:01:26
See Original Post

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 17:05:33

Agreed. I did pay a little bit of a price for the 'chance' to win.

I still felt that i wasn't in a winning position at the time and it was a risk worth taking for the gains. Especially since the acres were so undefended. If I got away, I'd have a chance to keep up with vendi, if not... At least got to try a huge LG. I really thought at least one more low acre country would hit for 10k too, like namnam. Woulda made my chances better too. No worries though. Lost a mill or so in net, not sure. Not too bad.

He had to break 23m turrets, with Good weapons tech, and good allies. Lol. I wonder if he has a single turret left now. Lmao
The EEVIL Empire

herbs12 Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 17:24:00

I agree serp it was worth the risk.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 17:35:53

I still say it wasn't worth it. The guy is playing without GDI and has almost basically DT or TT everyone he has hit. He isn't too worried about getting hit and has shown that he will RoRoR and retal anyone. He's almost lost as much land to nukes as he lost in this your exchange.

Assuming he is fully built, he can revert to any military composition is a short while. Sublimally asking for him to get hit here still doesn't help the fact that it was a risk that wasn't going to pay off for you. Afterall, assuming he has comparable weapons tech and no OAs, it wouldn't take much more than 23 mill jets to have broken you, leaving him with enough of a defense I think, if of course he had no OAs.

The set is long and there are 4 or 5 of the top CIs that haven't been topfed on yet, including you apparently. So you are well behind now. In fact while you were gaining this 1800+ acres Veni went up 2300 acres, whithout the military losses you encountered. This is assuming you think the top rep isn't in the running with you of course or the other top CIs as well. So no, you bet on the house and the house won.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 18:11:18

Sounds like it's your country crest. :-)

Serpentor Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 18:11:36

Since you brought it up, Veni has two friends letting him PS their jets away all set long though. Only way to keep up with that advantage is to try a risk vs. benefit move like this at this point. if the 'risk' is to only gain 1800 out of the exchange, so be it. Still in position for a t10 just as before.

Is it better to try for a win and end up t10, or just give up trying to win and just accept the t10. This was an opportunity, with risk, that was now or never. Obviously if veni was at acreage with everyone else, I probably wouldn't have taken the risk as it was not worth it.

It's kind of like being down by a TD and throwing the long hail Mary for a chance at overtime. If you're already in a good position you'd play safe.

If you don't understand that, I don't know....
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 18:59:53

Originally posted by crest23:
So you are well behind now. In fact while you were gaining this 1800+ acres Veni went up 2300 acres, whithout the military losses you encountered.

So, the balance sheet at the end is about a 500 land opportunity cost and about 1-2m networth cost. That's really not very costly imo. Is it a loss? Yes, but not a big one, which makes it a good risk.

Plus it slows down one of his competitors. Just imagine if oldman had hit bakku last set!

tduong Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 19:56:38

I would've done it :)
It's a competitive game. If your game is to get t10 by fighting other players to t10 then so be it. There's always hope that he'll bounce even if the chance is less than 1%. But then any decent players would rather oversend on a retal and lose an extra 100-200k jets than bounce and lose out 5k+ acres.

tduong Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 19:58:26

and what's up with all these players with such "friendly" allies. I wish i had allies like that.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 20:02:50

I don't know who the two offensive allies are but if they're attacking too, he's probably not always getting the jets unless he times it just right.

Edited By: blid on Feb 7th 2012, 21:26:39
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 21:16:40

Don't get me wrong. It's a good move to make. If I was in your shoes, would I have done it, yes, probably. The goal IMO is win or go home. It gives you a fighting chance by making that move. Was it worth it after the fact? No. Was it worth it before the fact? No. The guy was NOT going to fail the retal.

Because the guy hasn't failed a hit all set. There was no way he was failing this one.

Serp has had 9 failed grabs all set, if he hadn't failed those grabs he would have been on pace with Veni on land I think. IT would have been smarter not to have failed those grabs than to have tried this trade.

blid, the opportunity cost shouldn't be measure against Veni's land gain compared to Serps land gain, it should be measure like this.

Is (added expenses from pumping turrets unnecesarily+blowing through turns deviating from your goal+turrets lost)>than the (3 to 5 turns it would have taken him to spy 3 to 5 other targets and probably gotten more than 1800 acres).
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 21:27:09

The one that actually interests me is what will happen in the Nam Nam exchange.

I reckon the retal will not get back the 5900 acres so there might be a second hit. With a name like that, the lack of GDI, the history of DT and TT, this guy is not too concerned with how his set goes.

So assuming he DTs the dict to get close to or above the 5900. The dict either A, lets it go or B, retals the 2nd hit and then throws in some ABs.

the CI log on and having the jets to do just about anything, responds with a few SS and proceeds to BR the dict. I don't know what strat the dict is playing, but even with the ABs it will be hard to outproduce the CI.

This goes on for a few days and as they drop in NW, people that last week were saying "How do these guys get so big?" suddenly see them on their score sheet and start hitting them. CIs at the top see 2 land fat countries and as one ABs or Brs the other and comes out of DR, promptly gets hit by others. Wiggle Wiggle, the top farmer lays claim to his retals.

How does that affect the price of oil? Jets? Turrets? Tanks? That's what interests me here.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 21:32:24

I think Nam Nam would let a DT slide to be honest. And actually I think doing a DT, if you're willing to risk it, is a fair response to a topfeed *if* that's what it takes to get the land back.

OmarEVP Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 21:44:33

i think namnamnam is a dict techer.

i cannot confirm, but that is what ive heard.

he also has a signficant stockpile of cash which i also cannot confirm.

however, the guy he has hit told me that he only plays till someone fluffs with him, then he fluffs back and quits.. he wasnt expecting honestly to get far without gdi anyways.

Edited By: OmarEVP on Feb 7th 2012, 21:47:16
See Original Post

OmarEVP Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 21:46:48

I think Nam Nam would let a DT slide to be honest. And actually I think doing a DT, if you're willing to risk it, is a fair response to a topfeed *if* that's what it takes to get the land back.

well if thats the case, everyone Zhu Ge Liang hits should hit him back a second time.

the problem is, simply easier said than done. his country the way its built, will not make top 10. an indy with 30k land now and retals coming, is not going to make the top 10. i dont care if he doubles his land output here in the next 10 days. i dont care how well he plays from this point forward and how much land he gains.. however, a lot of countries he has hit, are built to make that push.. so if say one of them hits him back 2x, they are leaving themselves open to getting suicided on and losing a great finish, whereas him, being the suciider, doesnt lose out on anything more than a rank 20-30 or so finish @ best.

its the same concept as in express where a guy like phreaker4life top feeds everyone saturday, and never even finishes out a reset and hovers around 40th, whereas the people he jetted up to hit may have had their chance at a win go down the drain...

Edited By: OmarEVP on Feb 7th 2012, 21:49:20
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 21:52:11

Originally posted by OmarEVP:
i think namnamnam is a dict techer.

i cannot confirm, but that is what ive heard.

he also has a signficant stockpile of cash.
Heh, that's oddly specific for someone who "can't confirm." Of course, you can confirm because he attacked you, so you probably got a spy op on him afterward.

Originally posted by OmarEVP:

well if thats the case, everyone Zhu Ge Liang hits should hit him back.
Well, that's right, but that's why I also said "if you're willing to risk it." Everyone he hit is in the GDI and obviously more risk averse than Waste of time. I'm not talking about what actually DOES happen in reality, but just what would be fair. Why should a superior country end up net negative in land when a smaller country attacks him first?

Best case for Nam nam would be if Waste of time hits him and gets like 3300 (5500) or something, so as to basically recover the land lost, and therefore have very little reason to risk another hit. But if he hits back and gets like 4k or something, he might be tempted to go back for more.

OmarEVP Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 22:01:20

or he can hit someone else. if you look at all the multi tapping, you can always find a target that yields decent gains for low risk. if you complain well you have to waste 4 extra turns to make the 3 attacks to get 2k land versus the one big PS, you also look at that one PS country may be able to get up and break you, or may be more willing to ruin your reset because in their eyes your grab ruined theirs. its all preception.

and risk/reward, thats the main reason most of us play this game. its like rolling the dice every reset beacuse you dont know what to expect. its like craps or blackjack without the monetary exchange.

2012-02-05 12:14:24 PS Zhu Ge Liang (#206) Animosity (#113) 5028A (7348A)
2012-02-06 12:35:38 PS Animosity (#113) Zhu Ge Liang (#206) 2074A (3230A)

2012-02-02 01:39:05 PS Autumn On A Saturday Night (#81) Zhu Ge Liang (#206) 1230A (2171A)
2012-01-31 10:23:59 PS Zhu Ge Liang (#206) Autumn On A Saturday Night (#81) 3594A (5309A)

based on your theory, both these countries should have gone for round 2, because their gains werent even close to the losses, but neither decided to. its the inherent risk/reward where you can easily make up the difference grabbing smaller countries. you may burn a handful more turns in spy ops/attacking, but unless your a techer it should be irrelevent because every other govt produces income just while running normal turns.

once again, back to risk/reward.

i cant say one decision is more right than the other.

Edited By: OmarEVP on Feb 7th 2012, 22:03:56
See Original Post

OmarEVP Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 22:05:14

you said in a previous post blid that one guy hit another guy 9x for around 6k in land w/ ghost acres and did not get a single retal. that is another risk/reward situation, where the inherent risk is much smaller... especially if the larger country can sustain growth and stay clear of the smaller country in humanitarian range.

im saying waste of time could easily take that road to get land back. who knows. only the owner of the country will know.

as observers, all we can do is speculate and gossip.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2012, 22:05:24

Well, we're in agreement then, because I think they should go back for more but *only if* they're willing to risk it. In their position I probably wouldn't risk it either, heh. But it would be a more fair outcome if they did, wouldn't it?

OmarEVP Game profile

Feb 7th 2012, 22:06:45

i absolutely agree it would be more fair. it would deter those from jetting up and using gdi to their benefit to effectively land trade. i think thats as sleezy as you think expresses current DR system is.