Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Mar 3rd 2012, 1:11:44

First off, I wanna say I get points for being the first and only person to mention your country # in this prediction thread.

Secondly, I still think that's the correct hierarchy. You set the Demo record by practically 25m and still lost to a commie and had another commie right behind you. And commies still have all the countries at or around 150. Maybe this round muddied the Demo/Rep comparison a little bit though.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 6:21:58

Goddamit crest. I knew it was you who was scwing with the market prices!

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 6:23:28

now that the reset was over. which country was yours blid.
Originally posted by blid:
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 3rd 2012, 12:18:25

Well i guess it got around enough that it's now in oldman's thread so it's no secret. Would have been top 5 if not for being lemmed last 3 days in a row.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Nuketon Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 14:07:38

It wasnt only him, I was playing those markets as well... More so earlier right after I jumped. I made some decent gains then got caught with my pants down when bushels took a dive :/

crest23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 14:59:14

Well, I screwed up the oil market for the grabbers right before I stopped grabbing and used the profits to buyout food, then moved to res/bus > military >agric > spy. I made a chit load of cash from spy. It helped that Nuketon was no longer supplying 500k tech points to the market, AzN stopped to jet up and take a retal, and trep was gone for a few days.

The biggest mistake Nuketon made IMO was jumping too early. As a Demo, I would log on buy up food at 6X play turns and put the food on the market at 6X+1.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 3rd 2012, 15:10:48

trep played?

crest23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 15:36:21

Yeah he did. Was busy IRL and didn't finish his destock, he left a ton of cash on hand.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 17:20:38

vn crest. making money on spy. haha thats pretty clever.

blid. we can all say that. if i didnt get hit by jedidola, def woulda made top 3.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 17:47:06

Yup, I was selling hundreds od thousand daily at 2999. A few days that was all I teched in fact.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 3rd 2012, 18:06:51

Originally posted by JJ23:
vn crest. making money on spy. haha thats pretty clever.

blid. we can all say that. if i didnt get hit by jedidola, def woulda made top 3.
I can believe that. but it's debatable, those top 3 finished really high. with my country it's really really easy to add the net that guy killed to my country and see exactly where I would've been. don't know why some people do things like that

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 4th 2012, 11:48:20

that lg cost me easily 10M nw, maybe 15. i calculated from the day i started storing i would hit around 120M if things went well.

that grab cost me 6k land + ghost... about 2M nw in military, not to mention a bunch of tech and stockpile. dont remember exact numbers but around 100M cash and ton of bushels. not to mention. i wasnt going to let it go and so i had to retal, and waste turns building whereas i could have just happily hit the damn cash button.

its debaratble whether i would have finished higher letting the LG go and just hit cash, but knowing me, i would not stand for that. there is only one hit all reset i did not retal, and that was IXneos topfeed, because i spied him and he was smart enough to stay high D and just out of my range. plus this was around the time cannabais cowboy stopped playing abruptly, so farming him and oceana would give me better gains and much less risk.

by the time i had built up the jets to retal, i was at my land goal. the difference is oldman only got hit once (very early by cannabais) which he retalled back for more acres, and veni never was attacked. I took 3 huge topfeeds, at critical stages. the first 2 while i was challenging and ahead of veni in land, and the last during my stock phase.

I really think if i had oldman/venis luck and been hit only once, or none, i would have won this reset going away.

JJ23 Game profile

Mar 4th 2012, 11:50:39

retalling also meant dumping 2/3 of my food stockpile to buy around 40M jets, and holding those expenses for the remainder of the set.

i was at a point where i had sold off almost all my jets, and was running around with 1M jets. i also had dropped my off ally because i was done lging.

so to break that retal, i prob cost myself a few more million in nw. its all relative. im proud of the way i played, and had a winning country if it wasnt for some unfortunate luck. validates to myself that when i play my casher correctly and to the best of my ability, i can hang with and/or beat anyone in this game.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 4th 2012, 15:01:26

No one else had tech and jet leeches though, so it balanced out. I think your point is moot.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Mar 4th 2012, 15:03:34

Ok, maybe Veni had jet leeches too, still though. Shows how far ahead oldman is skill-wise. I say he is head and shoulders ahead.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Serpentor Game profile

Mar 4th 2012, 19:23:26

yeah he planned out his set well and executed the plan to perfection.
The EEVIL Empire