Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2019, 20:51:46

Yeah, while i agree with Vamps that there's very much a lack of parity, and people tend to just go thru the motions anymore because we are old and tired, that's hardly the fault of the bots. The land trading leading up to the advent of the bots was obviously a way darker period lol.

I honestly haven't come up with a good reason why xyle turned his back on laf after 20 years of being a lapdog. My thought has been that hitting laf is a good recruitment tool and I'm certain some people play there over old grudges. I've heard sof members muse about laf players that i haven't seen in 2 years running multies, which leads one to surmise which players started the same age old rumors.

Ultimately when people first come back, they play the game like it is still 2006. Like they want to prove their dominance and they want to become the best etc. That's xyle's bread and butter. It's not about creating a war that's fun for the players or the community. It's about proving you're the best.

Those of us that have played in 200 wars, who have beaten laf 5 times, who have beaten sol 5 times, who have beaten sof 3 times etc. We feel as though we have very little to prove and would rather just have a fun war that is challanging to win against players who have difficult countries to kill. Plowing thru a bunch of netters will never prove anything, nor is it challanging, and generally just creates long wars that lower membership and are toxic to the community.

Fortunately for everyone, a majority of players that do that often leave within a few months when they start to feel how boring the lack of challenging and engaging wars is. *checks watch* This should all be over sooner than later. Most of these people will unfortunately be gone by the time winter activity comes around and the rest of the war clans want to do something big.