Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2018, 15:41:28

If you remember back to the swirve days 1a was an 80 turn server. Somewhere around the late 90s early 2000s, council server was made. I was a pretty severe holdout in 1a and didn't play council for quite a while. In the old times I had made a pretty massive enemy in LaF and spent a fairly decent amount of time beating back the fact that they consistently attempted to run off whatever small tag I was in. I enjoyed the fact that LaF migrated to council and the server could be netted by small tags.

I was approached by CueBall and MaryV to join council after a couple years to join a little tiny tag called BSS. We had a few fun wars but nothing really of note. Still one of my favorite experiences in game. Love BMB. But I digress. When laf got word that I was playing there they decided per usual that I was farmland. Not really much I could typically do when it was 150 vs 9 but at the time you could stock steal to the top and maintain for a couple days. A little suicide strategy that was actually viable if you had the patience to hang on.

In any case, ICN was at this time paying reps to LaF for Rival infiltrators who suicided. Half the tag was running x land farms and LaF had these absurdly massive countries. BSS had disbanded after a variety of wars and I was left without a home tag I had desire to be in. ICN always had a boring pointless existence on the server and I didnt feel at home there and would get bored with it. But these massive defenseless laf countries were a bit to sweet not to stock steal especially after years of being farmed by LaF. I set the single LG record for the server, and few minutes after broke my own record. Then broke it again. Then finally set a LG record that would never be touched until 2025 died. Massive hits. LaF was livid. SOL took the opportunity to farm my untagged country. I responded with retals to them. Makinso and I were on the same side of a war in alliance server and after I walled a few sol runs, maki waited for me to be leading a warchat and breaking a target to have me chem killed.

The don at the time I want to say was H4xor then contacted every major tag and told them they would have to fight a war with LaF if they accepted me as a member. Laf blacklisted me from the game and I couldnt find a home anywhere for several days. Even MD wouldn't step up. Ix and sof at the time were lafdogs. Don felt like he'd won. He contacted me laughing in my face and even publicly on the forums exclaiming repeatedly "no matter where you play, LaF will find you and farm you and kill you oop until you quit playing this game." That old lovely laf sentiment that makes so many of us haters to this day.

Then an IRC message from Diety popped up when I was about to quit the server. He said "You have a place always in RAGE, and if LaF hits us in a dream they better wake up and apologize." Publicly too RAGE stood their ground. Firmly told LaF that if they ever attempted to touch me again they'd have RAGE to deal with. I tagged up a restart and posted the country number on CT. Don was silent, and I was allowed to carry on.

I only spent a few sets in RAGE but they taught me in that time much of what I know now about warleading. They were a great bunch and really took their time shaping me into the warleader I am today. I've never forgotten that debt I owed them. I never forgot them standing up for me.

So this set, I dont think RAGE will win. But I will attempt to repay that service with the blood of my civilians for the greatest most storied war tag in Earth's history. Today, for better or worse, I ride with RAGE!!!!

Have at you elder punks. Let's make this fluff interesting. Ragers, I'll see you in the warchat!