Verified:

The Cloaked Game profile

Sep 4th 2016, 21:50:36

Syko:

To be honest syko, do you genuinely believe that spending MORE on counter terrorism prevents terrorism deaths? how much money do you think the swiss spend on wars in the middle east? how many terrorist attacks do the swiss suffer? Have you considered the reasons behind the 9/11 attacks? And anyways, of course life has a price. It always has. Its why people die of tuberculosis, starvation, and all the other curable things in the world. It's ridiculous to argue otherwise. The real reason that the Syrian war has gone on so long is the $$ cost of the long term rebuilding of a country and the fact that western lives are worth far more to the west than Syrian lives.

And lets not even get started on why most of Africa is such a wreck.

Heston:

I'm sorry. I assume English isn't your first language. But the translator you're using is terrible. Maybe post in a language you're fluent in and leave it to us to translate? I'm struggling to understand your argument. Were you saying we should be terrified of terrorism because millions of people in the west are already enslaved by Islam?

Foog/AT:

I travel for leisure with some regularity and last year made several trips to muslim/middle east-ish countries. I find that life tends to flow pretty similarly no matter where you are. People go to work, they eat dinner, and they complain about the world going to hell.

Anyways, my mother is my pet sitter and she was always scared when I went somewhere that wasn't 'the west.' I used to try to assuage my mother by telling her the places a Canadian tourist was most likely to be murdered based on the number of nights spent in a country were 1)Jamaica 2)China 3)Dominican Rep 4)Australia and 5)Mexico.

But, numbers be damned she would be terrified anyways. I eventually came to the conclusion that she was hopeless, had too much invested in me, and watched too much TV.

I wish you luck with your endeavor, but god only knows how many people you will convince. To me it seems crazy that someone would be afraid of terrorism in the USA. But to be fair, your media and politicians have done everything they can to reinforce that fear and make sure you are as scared as can be.