Verified:

Brigg Game profile

Jun 6th 2015, 13:25:16

I'm in B game. I've been hit by Bioterrorism 3 times already for what seems to be no reason but to slow down my progress. Anyone else experiencing this?
Check out my Novel Before they ban it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086WXJVKR

dustlesswalnut Game profile

Jun 6th 2015, 23:11:46

Nope

stanrools Game profile

Jun 7th 2015, 6:41:18

yes, did you get a failed country number?
Techer to win it all.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 7th 2015, 16:57:35

I didn't get a failed country number, no. Whoever is doing this is probably being very cautious so not to get caught. I have upped my spy defense, but I got my structures bombed now.

Kind of annoying...but trust me, the moment this guy fails an op against me, he's toast.

What kind of ops did you get hit with?

archaic Game profile

Jun 7th 2015, 17:55:34

sounds like theyre not all that random
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

stanrools Game profile

Jun 8th 2015, 0:49:14

spying the top rankers maybe. who knows I also upped spys.
Techer to win it all.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 8th 2015, 2:17:06

Originally posted by archaic:
sounds like theyre not all that random

It only seems "Random" to me because I've done nothing to provoke anyone. I'm jumping back into this game for the first time in 16 years, and I'm not out to tick anyone off...

...yet. ^.^

But yeah, if anyone can clue me in on who this guy is, that'd be cool.

stanrools Game profile

Jun 8th 2015, 2:45:45

unfortunately this is a solo server and I think doing so would be against the rules Brigg. He himself would have to man up.
Techer to win it all.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 8th 2015, 3:32:07

Originally posted by stanrools:
unfortunately this is a solo server and I think doing so would be against the rules Brigg. He himself would have to man up.

Ah! I get it. Okay. ^.^

I guess I just wait for him to fail an op on me. haha.

Rocker Game profile

Jun 8th 2015, 22:31:49

I got the same spy ops at the start.

I know a douche I suspect...no proof yet :)

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 8th 2015, 23:37:34

Thanks for the heads up...upping spy production
wasn't me...

vern Game profile

Jun 9th 2015, 22:42:02

10 + 6 = ?

and1me2i3 Game profile

Jun 15th 2015, 0:14:18

me too

stanrools Game profile

Jun 15th 2015, 3:49:50

still getting hit by random food poising. is it a game glitch? or is someone running a very high spal country just to poison food supplys?
Techer to win it all.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 15th 2015, 14:51:21

I'm thinking it's a person. Either that or some bot country strategy <.< But that's unlikely, I'm guessing.

I haven't been hit by this dude/dudette since I dropped from the top 10. You guys still having problems, though? Hmm....

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2015, 20:55:10

Yeah I'm getting them everyday still...its rlly annoying.
wasn't me...

stanrools Game profile

Jun 15th 2015, 22:58:07

so its a attach on the top 10 from someone in the top 20?
Techer to win it all.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 2:00:46

Stand corrected...got another couple of my missiles diffused...>.<

Not sure what to think now....

Rocker Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 2:35:35

They have not hit me in about a week. :( Starting to feel left out here.

stanrools Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 2:50:04

You must have moved out of range.

Ps good job on your quick growing commi in this slow market.
Techer to win it all.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 3:06:22

Originally posted by Rocker:
They have not hit me in about a week. :( Starting to feel left out here.

I'm thinking the Required GDI is preventing him from getting to you. He's got to be somewhere in the top 20, if not top 30...

That's right, "Mr./Mrs. Spy-ops are fun". We're waiting...watching...with bated breath...for you to fail one op on us...>.> Don't slip up now...Your country may depend on it.

stanrools Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 5:10:11

He has to be in top 20 to break gdi and spy me
Techer to win it all.

id1028s

Jun 16th 2015, 6:25:05

I think I know who it is. The same guy is trolling every other game set with the same style of play using the ops on people. And triple, quadruple tapping/farming people. He even had his country in last set's express dispatched by forum member Shadow1986 because of his quadruple tapping pissing a few guys off. Can't name the specific name here but try to figure that one out by yourself as a little puzzle. And you're right, he is in top 20. Top 10 right at the moment of posting in fact.

Edited By: id1028s on Jun 16th 2015, 6:35:49

Brigg Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 16:12:19

Would it be safe to assume he/she is either playing a Communism or a Dictatorship? With Dictatorship getting a bonus to spy effectiveness, and Communism getting Indy and (Spy)Tech effectiveness boosts...

Just a guess...Any opinions?

(If this post has broken any rules by me asking this, let me know and I'll get rid of it.)

id1028s

Jun 16th 2015, 17:19:04

I don't know much. All I know is forum member Shadow1986 complained about him in the Express forum section about last set. That post in Express had no other replies. But that post did specifically mention the country number. A few players actually joined in during that round to dispatch that country.

I don't know much but what I also know is you can look back at the names of country numbers from previous sets, for example, by looking at the top players results and clicking previous set.

I don't know much but I know that player uses the same name in every other game set.

I don't know much but I know that player is doing the same thing in every other game set with random ops and multi tapping/farming.

I don't know much but thats all I know.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 18:48:47

All right. I understand.

Although, I don't think I want to act rashly on any suspicions, regardless of how strong said suspicion is...Just in case. I'm still getting the feel for the game again, and the few times I've grabbed at people in other games, I got retalled kinda hard. But it's cool; it's all part of the game. ^.^

Still patiently waiting to see the failed op...

id1028s

Jun 16th 2015, 19:17:04

Its not suspicion anymore when you know from failed attempts, not from one server, but in other servers of the same person doing the same thing. Its also called a retal. I'm sure when he sees this he will try to up his turrets but it will be futile. Even if its not him and its pure fluke, he ain't innocent either.

Regarding getting retalled: I think if you do one grab its OK. And you should expect the person to retal yo once also. More than one hit and its called farming. And that is not OK as that is definitively an aggressive move. So you can expect a hard response in general unless you get a real pushover.

Edited By: id1028s on Jun 16th 2015, 19:23:49

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 16th 2015, 21:33:12

Im HOPING AND PRAYING this douchebag fails on me...its gnna be fun.
wasn't me...

mrford Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 22:01:51

Go all try hard and match NW changes. Not that many countries to look at.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Brigg Game profile

Jun 16th 2015, 22:42:04

Originally posted by Jayr:

Wow. o.o! What did he do to you?

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 17th 2015, 1:17:34

Originally posted by Brigg:
Originally posted by Jayr:

Wow. o.o! What did he do to you?
Besides the daily ops? He's messing with other people too...its annoying
wasn't me...

Brigg Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 1:46:11

Oh haha. Okay, I was thinking he went to town on you or something.

I got poisoned again today. What the frack is this guys spy:acre ratio!?!?!

and1me2i3 Game profile

Jun 17th 2015, 23:54:30

after my networth increase by alot. all these failed ops no more

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 1:21:57

Yeah I moved up a few m n/w no more probs
wasn't me...

id1028s

Jun 18th 2015, 4:32:45

Because the troll is reading this thread and changed his behavior to upping turrets in preparation for the impending storm. You can tell by his networth drop, likely from a large sale of spies, to make way for funding turrets. I bet he is still within range of most of you to keep trolling. He just decided to stop for a while.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 18th 2015, 11:19:19

He had to have failed on SOMEBODY by now...

and1me2i3 Game profile

Jun 18th 2015, 16:29:07

Rocker u r on this forum too?

I am in game b with u ><

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 18:56:50

I got him...lol he failed 2
wasn't me...

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 18:57:17

14.9 hours ago
The Ten Sectors of Eden (#32) attempted to perform bioterrorism on your country! You killed 8617 enemy spies.

14.9 hours ago
The Ten Sectors of Eden (#32) attempted to perform bioterrorism on your country! You killed 8447 enemy spies.

Message from The Ten Sectors of Eden (#32) sent on Jun 18, 4:05
Report this message
I guess this means I'm busted....lol Reply

Delete
wasn't me...

id1028s

Jun 18th 2015, 18:58:14

I'm going by a detective's instincts here but I bet its Brigg. Like a little sociopath he trolls people and tries to get people to talk about it.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 19:09:34

lol @ jayr
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 19:14:35

HA! GOT EEEEM! HA!
wasn't me...

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 19:15:29

Originally posted by Celphi:
lol @ jayr
Also, too bad i bought up milt to hit his ass and got outta range...somebody smack this imposter.
wasn't me...

id1028s

Jun 18th 2015, 19:16:15

I'm calling dibs on 4 retals. 1 for 1 each op he did.

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 18th 2015, 19:22:13

Im waiting on him to move on up so i can get mine...damn
wasn't me...

id1028s

Jun 18th 2015, 19:32:53

you can always declare war. and he is lucky because he is still lower in my priority list of to dos

stanrools Game profile

Jun 19th 2015, 0:26:44

3.4 days ago

The Ten Sectors of Eden (#32) attempted to spy on your country! You killed 6358 enemy spies.

2.9 days ago

The Ten Sectors of Eden (#32) attempted to spy on your country! You killed 6400 enemy spies.

that bastard was playing it nice with me when I cought him he was "looking for the terrist"
Techer to win it all.

Brigg Game profile

Jun 19th 2015, 2:59:29

Originally posted by id1028s:
I'm going by a detective's instincts here but I bet its Brigg. Like a little sociopath he trolls people and tries to get people to talk about it.

The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me! However, you're half-right about this, sir. Permit me to explain:

Before I do, though, I want to sincerely apologize to everyone whom I've annoyed and/or inconvenienced by my "Strategy". And from here on out, you all can have the assurance that I won't commit to these methods of play from here on out. At least not here in Tournament.

Moving on: There were four key reasons why I chose to perform this way for this reset:

1. It feels like I'm new to the game all over again, and I wanted to get a new feel for the spy-op system - This here, was the biggest reason. Back in the old "Earth: 2025" days, I was always helping out my teammates with spies, assisting from the shadows. I wanted to see if I could create my old country build over again. I jumped in late in the Primary server, the Team and Alliance server games were near the end, and I'm not big on the Free For All. So I wound up trying the old strategy in Express. It took me some time to notice it, but the way spies work has changed from then and now, and I found myself failing ops and getting retalled for it. I needed to start over, and a fresh new game of "Tournament" was the next-closest place to start.

2. Since I'm alone on the Tourney Server, I needed to find a way to divert attention from myself as the suspect: The purpose of creating this thread and getting people to talk about it was a risky attempt to draw attention away from my country as a possible suspect. I needed to find a "Fall Guy". When earlier posts in this thread, along with quite a few messages I exchanged in-game, began to show that the finger was being pointed at someone else, I was able to breathe a little easier. Acting innocent via in-game messaging, as Stanrools has pointed out, played a much bigger part in maintaining the halo above my head. The misdirection and subterfuge created that temporary shield I needed.

3. To the best of my memory, Bioterrorism was pretty effective in slowing the growth of other countries' NetWorth: There WAS a bit of competitive spark in choosing to do this strategy. If I slow down the other countries, it makes it easier for me to dash ahead. Unfortunately, wiping the dust off my brain-archived copy of "How to jack up your Net Worth is Earth: 2025" was the step I failed to take as I became more focused on continuing to feel out the spy system.

4. Ultimately, I wanted to get a feel for the people I'm playing with: At the end of the day, we are here to have fun and play a game. And it's just my opinion that no one strategy is the "Right" strategy; you do what works for you! And the game is flexible enough for you to experiment to your heart's content. That's what makes this game so fun! Also, I knew from the outset that if I DID get found out, I could probably expect my country to get all of the blow-up. And you know what? That's okay! I can already feel that I'm really going to enjoy playing with you guys for many resets to come. ^.^!!

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I humbly expect and accept any retaliation for my actions. And next reset, (Unless some smart-aleck tries to frame me ^.~*) You all won't have to be concerned about randomly getting the plague. I'll probably try farmer next reset anyway.

Enjoy the rest of the reset everyone! *Bows*

Jayr Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 19th 2015, 3:17:34

Thanks for the entertainment, it was quite odd...have a good reset bud

P.S.

Im gnna get all ur lands.
wasn't me...

stanrools Game profile

Jun 19th 2015, 3:22:26

You must have had a very high spal! I was running very spy heavy.

I must admit your bio terrisum did very little to harm my country. 2 times it was cured on the very first turn once quickly after and anther time did do some harm but not to much. I believe you will find better ways to be a top player.

As you said Brigg this is a game and ment to be fun if the time is right expect retails. For now I have more important retails to take.

Well played Sir.
Techer to win it all.