Verified:

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Dec 11th 2013, 15:04:05

OFTEN I FIND MYSELF WANTING TO LOOK UP OLD THREADS FROM LONG AGO, AND THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS EASY TO FIND! MANY TIMES, I KNEW WHEN I FIRST READ THE THREAD THAT I WOULD WANT TO REVISIT IT LATER. A STRATEGY THREAD WITH INFORMATION WHICH I'LL NEVER REMEMBER BUT DON'T HAVE TIME TO WRITE DOWN OR RECORD... A THREAD ABOUT WHO PLAYED WHICH COUNTRY IN X RESET... OFTEN IT IS JUST ONE POST IN A RANDOM THREAD WHICH I WANT TO BE ABLE TO FIND AGAIN LATER. THOSE ARE THE HARDEST TO FIND!

SO, MY SUGGESTION: ENABLE PUBLIC URINATION! ALLOW USERS TO "MARK" A THREAD OR POST FOR LATER USE.

I WOULD TRY TO EXPAND ON THIS POST TO MAKE IT MORE SUBSTANTIVE, BUT.. I JUST CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE!

HA!

SAM
CHIEF HISTORIAN,
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 11th 2013, 16:09:32

My suggestion: See the little chains-like icon in the upper right hand corner of this post? Hover over it and it says "Perm Link". Click on it. You are now at a page that has a permanent link to the post. Bookmark it and throw it under the "Earth Empires" subfolder of bookmarks.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 11th 2013, 17:04:11

or copy that information to notepad and save it on your comp.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 12th 2013, 18:10:09

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
My suggestion: See the little chains-like icon in the upper right hand corner of this post? Hover over it and it says "Perm Link". Click on it. You are now at a page that has a permanent link to the post. Bookmark it and throw it under the "Earth Empires" subfolder of bookmarks.

Strictly speaking, you need to copy the Permlink url =(

I know it's not as clean as what you described, but it should avoid problems like:
1) users having different numbers of posts per page
2) posts before/after being deleted...

for the most part that works though, as that does have the threadid in the url, so it'll take you there even if it gets moved to a different forum &etc
Finally did the signature thing.

masterfu Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 21:03:17

often times the valuations on this game are very askewed

Souly Game profile

Dec 23rd 2013, 21:17:40

or just search for the posts you did by your name and they will pop up