Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 19:15:18

Why don't you come hang out with me? ESD could easily stand for Enshula's Screaming Demons you know.

Yeah yeah, I know you self-farm a bit and some peeps don't like that but the way I look at it, your "landfarms" are pretty solid on their own. Hell. They'd be like 10th in ANW as they are if there were 16 of them.

I'd like to see 2 or 3 of us hook up and show this server how to netgain. ;)

NightShade

Jun 14th 2010, 19:27:50

If left alone long enough, I can do alright... last set should be a perfect example of that.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 19:29:27

well ive been gauging up the server a little

self tag:
positive - ego - if i cause problems its my own fault - wont get suicided on for things others do
negative - can be killed - have to do own fa - others egos - cant be too landphat

big tag:
positive - can run no defence like some of those 100k countries - 1 out of 20ish targets
negative - need to be active - need to login to some site - could pay for others mistakes - cant see my countries status as easily - might need to participate in kill runs

interistingly mainly due to the large amount of land trading the big tags do their average land is around the same as mine, some better last time i checked, which says they could compete with me in average net end of set, just i need to run higher now for deterence

playing just with you would probably be about halfway between the +'s and -'s of self tagged vs big tags

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 19:30:02

Well then you better get your nettin' shoes on there, girly girl. ;)

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 19:31:55

Originally posted by enshula:
well ive been gauging up the server a little

self tag:
positive - ego - if i cause problems its my own fault - wont get suicided on for things others do
negative - can be killed - have to do own fa - others egos - cant be too landphat

big tag:
positive - can run no defence like some of those 100k countries - 1 out of 20ish targets
negative - need to be active - need to login to some site - could pay for others mistakes - cant see my countries status as easily - might need to participate in kill runs

interistingly mainly due to the large amount of land trading the big tags do their average land is around the same as mine, some better last time i checked, which says they could compete with me in average net end of set, just i need to run higher now for deterence

playing just with you would probably be about halfway between the +'s and -'s of self tagged vs big tags

Well see? That whole halfway thing isn't so bad. Yin and Yang and stuff.

Didn't figure you'd go for it but never hurts to ask. :)

ICe Man

Jun 14th 2010, 19:31:57

I'd be up for ESD next reset, kinda behind atm :P
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 19:33:42

That's cool. ICey. I've known you forever and I absolutely trust that you'd tow the line if you were tagged up as ESD.

And if NOT?, why I'd do what I've done to members in the past and kill you myself. :)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 19:51:52

i wonder how many people it would take to do better at total net without doing much worse at average net

TSE did ok i see in the history, 2nd in total net and 1st in average with 4.5 players worth of countries, see dynasty and rock did about the same thing too

i figure this set it would be possible for me to get 3rd in total net maybe since unless LaE got completely gang banged i couldnt pass them and if they did others would be higher

i probably cant pass asylum
dynasty i thought id pass when they warred ctu but now will have to wait and see
2 of three of imp pan focus could war and cancel eachother out

that leaves one of them who would have to either get involved in something else or lose to lae

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 19:52:51

as to tags, i did consider tagging FORT the other day, not that i was ever in fort

ICe Man

Jun 14th 2010, 19:54:48

Dragon, sent you a PM on the boards messaging system.

Shoulda made our tag in Team "FORT" haha

Fellowship of Respect & Trust, correct?

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 19:57:31

I dont know. There was one set near the end of FFA in the Mehul days where ESD won TNW AND ANW with like 108 countries.

We barely beat out PANLV. Like at the last moment in fact.

As far as how many it would take, maybe 100 countries, or 6 people who knew what they were doing.

ICe Man

Jun 14th 2010, 20:00:16

70M Avg nw is quite do-able.

LaE has had 13bish tnw so that gives you a bench mark for winning TNW.

100 countries you'd need an avg nw of 130m nw.

Just a thought

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 20:01:27

Originally posted by ICe Man:
Dragon, sent you a PM on the boards messaging system.

Shoulda made our tag in Team "FORT" haha

Fellowship of Respect & Trust, correct?

LOL. I remember FORT. I actually had one or two of the original FORT guys play a set in ESD.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 20:03:25

Yeah, but this is what... the 3rd reset of the "new" FFA?

I'm betting LaE doesn't continue with that kind of TNW un less they're very, very careful as players return and add to the game, but I could be way off base. LaE OBVIOUSLY has some damn good players over there.

ICe Man

Jun 14th 2010, 20:03:42

Hermes was the original netgainner. lol

ICe Man

Jun 14th 2010, 20:06:12

we are all LaEdies men GetLaEd 503 $13,646,285,185 $27,129,792
The Dynasty Alliance Dynasty 78 $3,473,851,833 $44,536,562

Even Mehul Got LaEd MehuLaEd 373 $14,721,534,609 $39,467,921
The Sith Empire TSExCC 67 $3,576,359,606 $53,378,502

First 2 resets -- so thats our benchmark.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 20:07:43

So he was. And he played for ESD in a set. Only a couple countries and not the whole set IIRC. ;) He was pretty much over playing, but he gave me a TON of advice.

That was prolly the best thing I ever got out of being buddies with Spud (Potatomac......errr.....Potomac). I had access to God.

A little secret I was never supposed to divulge. :)

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 20:11:11

In all honesty, I'm just "relearning" the game. Even when I'm back up to speed, I wouldn't say that I was much better than average in talent as far as netting goes.

What I did at ESD was surround an average netter with brilliance. Most of the best players in the game hung with me at one point or another and made me and the clan look very, very good.

ICe Man

Jun 14th 2010, 20:12:05

I was there a couple times, on/off.

Under this name and GoSu.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 20:25:37

maybe there was another gosu? i thought that gosu was very very good from memory :P

i cant remember who potomac and roadkills other nicks were, i remember one was the spy in imp when homer fought them

as to netting im using spreadsheets a bit at the moment, not sure i have the best feel for things

and in 1a where i guess the most competition is im not all that confident, but part of that is the tech prices there

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 20:33:47

Enshula. Are you gonna make me beg you to join ESD in front of all the kids?

Not that I WOULD be you or anything...

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 20:53:16

im not sure if i want to or not, plan was to try and win average networth, maybe try raising the bar on it a bit

not sure it would be as good if i detagged at the end since any big tag can detag 10 countries and get pretty high

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 20:57:52

Well, that's cool. I logged out only behind you in ANW today. And I"m not "trying" yet. I have a ton of potential NW in cash reserve right now, and I'm selling way more tech than I have to.

I'm just getting to my land goals.

If you have something to prove out or want to play around with on your own this reset, that's cool. I'd love to hook up with you next set if not this one. That's really all I'm saying. :)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 21:01:19

selling way more tech is what your supposed to do

stockpiling tech very rarely works out well

im not adverse to playing with some other people, only saw pan and lae as netters this set and wasnt really convinced either had less issues than me by myself

ill see how it goes though

mrford Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 21:03:46

On laes site we have a feature that shows your strings stats to you

judging by your first post that was one of your negatives to a big clan
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 21:10:19

well that involves logging into a site :P

but actually with the login screen just added in things are getting a bit better at working out changes in your country

i used to check estats for my networth history to work out what had sold

and counting my average land and net isnt all that complicated anyway

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 21:17:35

Yeah, see, ESD doesn't and isn't going to have a site. And "members" traditionally have done their own FA but the truth is that I've always been so lucky to have great and smart players, that FA never becomes an issue.

Truth be told, if you have a few veteran player who know what they're doing, you really don't need a whole lot of pomp and circumstance to work your way through a reset in this game.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 21:39:30

i remember in the old days leadership in FFA was a bit silly

mercinc came from a system where the top leader was always coloured red

but back then almost everyone was on ezclan where the top level was purpleb by default, so people would refer to themselves as purples

and it started off semi restrained, mi had 1 overlord, then i took over and we had 3, which was also the 1a system for MI

that was effiniti and i think sully

we kept 3 for a long time but it gets to a point where people dont really step down and others got promoted

azzkikkr and krillos and freak/amazone/estelle come to mind

but other tags it seemed like half the members where head/pres/council/purple/level6

ezvlan had levels i think 7 was site owner and 6 was the highest you could have more than 1 person, but eventually it added levels to about 9, then after that you could have as many as you wanted

so MI was in TC and there were shared TC leader boards that i used to get grumpy about people having access to

because certain clans gave way more people access to them to inflate their level

clans would recruit members based on offering them top level permissions as incentive, and if your a 500 country tag trying to get a 100 country player it makes a certain sense

there became very few actual members in any clan

take LaE now, 384 countries, so a minimum of 24 members, i get the impression about 6 are top level leaders, they probably have a council

it wouldnt be surprising for half the members to be leaders, and thats the biggest tag

in a smaller tag like ESD might be if you were having a leadership structure it could probably include every member

/rant off

Edited By: enshula on Jun 14th 2010, 21:40:34

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 21:46:44

LOL... In ESD, every member was Silver (level 11 IIRC). I was of course, the only level 12. It was my site, after all.

That's the advantage to running a clan that has maybe at most a dozen vets who know the game and play smart. None of them really want to be a "Leader" cause they've been there and done that.

Twain Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 22:10:59

LOL, definitely agree with the last statement Dragon.

Especially when I was in LaE, Blake kept asking me if I'd like some type of leadership position, to which I always answered "No thanks."

I just remember TIE always ended up being just big enough, but just bad enough at war that anyone that wanted to notch a win for a war would declare on us even though we typically stayed out of people's news and were pretty quiet. To try to avoid that, I always had AIM/ICQ lists of about 200 people each to chat up everyone in all the big clans all I could to try to make sure no one hated us. Apparently I'm not all that likeable though because we still had just as many war sets as we did netting sets.

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 22:23:49

I got a belly full of the whole "Leadership" thing. I worked my way up to VP in the old MPE, and then started the disastrous WARINC/NETINC thing with Landon (Outlawz0) and then threw ESD together.

I recommend Leadership to anyone. It teaches you how good you had it when you were just a peon.

TroyTiger Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 22:33:08

hey Dragon and enshula you 2 should also chat with me about stuff. ;-)

TroyTiger of Wild Animals

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 22:34:15

Why chat? You could just join ESD too!

How about right now?

Dragon Game profile

Jun 14th 2010, 22:36:18

You're another one of those tags I've been checking on. ;)

Thunder Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 13:31:48

Dragon we've had a DNH with enshula out of respect for the way he conducted himself and contacted us in regards to a bit of an issue he had with us. That will be extended to you as well now that enshula has tagged up ESD.

Good luck.

Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Dragon Game profile

Jun 16th 2010, 15:14:06