Verified:

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 15:50:17

some screens i just cant see everything

basically i like to zoom in firefox to make things bigger

when i zoom sometimes i gain or lose additional info

at 100% i can see troops and jets in the new ffa login screens but when i zoom to my preferred size jets almost completely disapears, missile numbers on new status page, food and somet

im wondering whether there are additional columns as well for turrets tanks and perhaps others i dont even know about

also zooming means i cant see the bottom of the menu

so when i play zoomed i dont see the logout button for example

potential conflicts i havnt checked yet are the greasemonkey earth script

anyway it would be nice to be able to scroll and at least know all the data is there

think ive found the issue is with long country names

checked a single digit one and its fine, but one of my countries is as many w's as would fit so seems to be messing up the formatting

wwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (#2331)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 15:50:38

ergh country name got auto linked

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 14th 2010, 18:54:36

ah that was your country
heh

zooming won't work currently, because the template is fixed width in px
Finally did the signature thing.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 19:17:49

no worries about the zooming thats my choice

as to the w's

when i originally made it i was wondering what would happen but i forgot then started having problems :)

would be nice if instead of the menu being cut off at the bottom it scrolled in some way, but youve obviously chose to make it not scroll so its always available

which i guess stylistically is good design it also makes it harder to cut and paste html, come to think of it maybe at swirve i needed to delete the top or bottom to make it format properly

aspect ratio stuff is a bit of a pain, wonder if that wouldnt be so much of an issue if i changed my res a bit, running 1920*1080 on this screen

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 14th 2010, 19:21:19

1920x1080 should be more than enough; we're technically trying to support 800x600 though we're kindof pushing that a bit heh... 1024x786 works nicely though
Finally did the signature thing.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 14th 2010, 19:45:11

yeah i meant stretched 1600*1200 ish type of thing so i didnt want to zoom as much and could still use the menu

its just a joice between having to click on main menu to see the portal/backtomain option or be zoomed 1 step less than i prefer

runing only 4 bars across the top of the screen, normal program one, menu one, one for address bar, and tabs, with status bar at the bottom and an always up task bar at 1 increment, so that leaves ~75% of the screen

anyway if you can fix/workaround/warnmefordumbcountrynamechoice the left-right formatting that would be cool

the up-down menu thing is less important than whatever else cool your working on :)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2010, 22:02:39

seeing a bit more, looks like you may have made a slight change

now i can see the turrets column

and missiles are visible in the advisor