Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 10th 2012, 16:06:43

Originally posted by Eric171:
Originally posted by Pang:
Well, considering that they left the game in a strong position and now are back in the game again and you are out of LAF, I would say that it worked better for them than for you. ;p

I see it a bit differently... they left after being utterly crushed both militarily and politically;

maybe politically. Rival left without being crushed militarily, though.

So a tagkill in their last set of tagged existence + pwning their guerilla tactics isn't a military victory?

they never won against LaF 1v1 which was their ultimate goal.

I confess my memory is sort of fuzzy around that time, but didn`t they fluffslap LAF around as much on an one on one base as it was possible during those servers wars? A couple times even maybe?

Rival hit LaF like 12 hrs after LaF FS'ed Rage in defense of SoL. That was the only time Rival was ever on a winning side vs LaF

They claimed they would run LaF from the game and LaF would never net again. The word "ninja vanish" was used, which IMO is a synonym for "we're already beaten". LaF won the double crown 2 rounds later as Rival pissed away the last of the good will they had with ppl like TIE, ICN and a few other tags by suiciding on LaF from those tags. :)

Their hatred of LaF was all consuming and they left LaF stronger than when they started their crusade. That was the bottom line :p

Those who are back now are NOT the Rival'ers who ran the show back in the day and made all those poor choices -- if they were I'd probably have had to rejoin LaF to re-fight those wars again instead of having a great time with PDM. The Rival'ers I talk to today are a pretty nice group.

Well, that is your version. From inside, as a simple member, what I saw was a lack of future in the game combined with a lack of a good political position combined with, and that was the most important part, a lack of new leadership willingly AND capable to step up and run the show for them. I bet different people will also have different versions of what happened, btw.

Regarding burning bridges due to suiciding, the people that did it didn`t really care and they already had little respect for ICN and TIE. Doing it from inside those tags was part of the point being made.

Having LAF keeping tabs on where I and others went for a few sets after that was hilarious, though. And I wasn`t even one of the suiciders...

that sort of makes my point that at that stage, a few folks there exemplified everything that was wrong with the E2025. trying to take LaF out right when they started turning altruistic toward the community right at a time when the community needed it. it obviously wasn't part of Rival's reasoning, but it's interesting that the same saga that made some ppl ragequit made others step up and do positive things that helped keep the community going during a bad period in its history. obviously LaF's not as altruistic anymore, but for good reason :p

I don`t really know who brought rival back or who is there today, only thing I see and know are the public faces of mapleson and PG here in AT. The important thing is that it seems they are having fun.

The Rival of today is a great alliance and I'm happy they're part of the game :)

Edited By: Pang on Mar 10th 2012, 16:10:02
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com