Verified:

Ivan Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:14:25

I dont see WHY you couldnt agree to terms out of which most of the server agree on, 2 tags are pro landtrading out of 15?

Funny logic there, also will be fun to watch you enforce that

Ivan Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:15:33

lol@detmer

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:18:19

That's where our stories differ. Pang didn't write me back for like 24hrs when I asked that question and whether it happened honestly or not that seemed like a blow off to me. When I asked the question a second time I got a rant from him. The next thing I know our missiles are being sabotaged.

Also, I did post in the site to stop all hits and they did stop.

de1i Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:20:45

[16:31] IvanWAR> sorry you guys had to be on the recieving end of that
[16:31] IvanWAR> unfortunately someone had to be
[16:31] we were mostly just surprised it took so long, are you guys going to grace us with an actual reason or let us pick the best of the 4 on the boards
[16:32] IvanWAR> well tbh we really didnt have a great reason to kill you
[16:32] de1i> what happened to your policy of giving alliances a sporting chance? could of used a heads up to at least stonewall, could of maybe obtained your FS goal (imo abing untags is just cheesy)
[16:33] IvanWAR> true enough

Ivan Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:22:01

It wasnt a great reason, it was a reason tho

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:22:53

Originally posted by Helmet:
...The best way to reach me is email. I can PM it to you and Nukeevil.

Oh, I don't really care about how to contact you. Just pointing out that it's kinda hard to contact you if no one knows how.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:31:28

Originally posted by Ivan:

EVO
Broke a pact with SOF to gangbang us along with TIE and SOL

No, Evo voided the pact with a clause that allowed us to do so, based on intel you were going to hit us anyways. BTW, that was the same reset that LaF (fully warprepped) hit us (fully netting) after breaking a uNAP (which contained no such clause). But nobody really cared why LaF hit us, hence a major reason why I'm no longer playing this server.

I do find it funny that, after nearly getting wiped out by Evo (even while accepting FA from LaF) the set after, that you still haven't learned your lesson about server politics.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

de1i Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:34:08

Helmet, you claim inactivity as an excuse but it has been no big secret to you (and other past & present leaders in your alliance) that a certain individual in your leadership team is viewed as (fill in the blank).

You say what when you saw what went down lit a fire under your ass but yet you also endorsed it. Usually these type of events are mutually exclusive, however in the case of SoF it is a common occurrence. Accidental grabs from rogue members, who in reality are veterans (if not leaders) acting upon the wishes of the heads in SoF.

Now to be fair I have not seen any pact offers from SoF to PDM, however I highly doubt it is anything close to the type of pact where they would feel like it would be something you would honor. Especially when they need a long term solution to this. I would say good luck in your war, but instead good luck righting these wrongs if you are indeed being genuine about it.

hanlong Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:12:08

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Originally posted by Ivan:

EVO
Broke a pact with SOF to gangbang us along with TIE and SOL

No, Evo voided the pact with a clause that allowed us to do so, based on intel you were going to hit us anyways. BTW, that was the same reset that LaF (fully warprepped) hit us (fully netting) after breaking a uNAP (which contained no such clause). But nobody really cared why LaF hit us, hence a major reason why I'm no longer playing this server.

I do find it funny that, after nearly getting wiped out by Evo (even while accepting FA from LaF) the set after, that you still haven't learned your lesson about server politics.

COMMENCE EVO LAF FLAMING! WOOT!

operation thread hijack complete?
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

archaic Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:20:05

Originally posted by Detmer:

I just set you to ignore. From now on it is straight to Helmet. You are defunct.

lol, an underutilized feature
+1

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:34:15

Originally posted by archaic:
Originally posted by Detmer:

I just set you to ignore. From now on it is straight to Helmet. You are defunct.

lol, an underutilized feature
+1

i haven't read a post from dagga in ages

bertz Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:37:05

Originally posted by hanlong:

COMMENCE EVO LAF FLAMING! WOOT!

Unless you throw the flame back ;)

oats Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:43:07

War with PDM was all my fault.

Once I knew Slagpit had joined PDM I KNEW FOR CERTAIN that PDM would attack SoF this set.

Also I kept telling Ivan how stupid it was to be paying reps early in the set when the dollars were worth more as opposed to late in the set when the dollars were worth less.

Thus I set out on subversion with psy ops meant to induce a SoF PDM war. SoF prepped for you and my sockpuppet account in PDM made it happen.

Pride Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:51:17

I thought SOF was in changing ways ? Maybe I misread one of Sov's "SOF is recruiting" posts lol.

I would have thought you guys would take a break from war to try and boost your membership. Just my opinion.
(I know you guys were FS'd but all them monos means you knew you would war)

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:57:31

Originally posted by de1i:
Helmet, you claim inactivity as an excuse but it has been no big secret to you (and other past & present leaders in your alliance) that a certain individual in your leadership team is viewed as (fill in the blank).

You say what when you saw what went down lit a fire under your ass but yet you also endorsed it. Usually these type of events are mutually exclusive, however in the case of SoF it is a common occurrence. Accidental grabs from rogue members, who in reality are veterans (if not leaders) acting upon the wishes of the heads in SoF.

Let's put my decision in the context that it happened in. People were screaming to FS PDM over the landtrading. I said I am 100% against FS'ing their alliance because a few people are land trading, if you're so upset by the land trading, then grab the countries doing it.

I was completely up front that I did that and I certainly didn't have to be.I could have easily let everyone assume Ivan was behind it. The fact is I don't have much respect for land trading. I don't think FS'ing someone because a few countries are doing it makes any sense either.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 17:57:37

Originally posted by hanlong:
...COMMENCE EVO LAF FLAMING! WOOT!

Nope, no flaming here. Just keeping others from rewriting history.

Jiman Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 20:08:45

It looks to me that there is a bunch of miscommunication involved in this situation. Cohesiveness must be present on both sides of leadership so that proper goals and wants can be exchanged.

Murf Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 20:29:41

seriously who the fluff actually cares

PDM die for jumping the gun by 6 hrs in a pre arranged FS, i'm still bitter about that so blame Drow

de1i Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 20:35:55

Lay off the sauce Murf.

Murf Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 20:37:27

lol what sauce de1i?

Ivan Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 20:52:49

There was no voidable clause for EVO nukevil but whaever :)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2012, 21:26:23

Just because Chevs only posted the parts he wanted to post of the pact logs doesn't mean they weren't there.

iScode Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 21:55:45

this thread lacks me.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Chevs

Mar 9th 2012, 22:57:59

Trust me when i say that how SoF leadership works is convoluted on purpose

in reality helmet answers to me.

i had a personal vendetta against pang for ignoring me on msn 5 years ago so naturally it made sense to piss them off via land grabs.

i authorized helmet to authorize those grabs.
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

iScode Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 23:01:51

but you did this behind my back Chevs, you knew you needed my permission for this!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 9th 2012, 23:24:03

To piggyback on detmer, balin, and pang: all your base are belong to me, now go to hell.

Drow Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 1:24:35

murf: it comes with being a silly aussie. and the TRUTH of it is, you're merely still bitter your country went in the FS ;)

Retired Earth type.

Reckless Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 1:41:15

fluff SoF

Murf Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 1:51:10

went FIRST lol, it was all admitted that the pre FS was planned too, that was a fun war, hope this one is too

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2012, 2:04:45

M I Z F SOF U

Drow Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 2:42:28

here's hoping, though I am not quite so active as I'd like :/ moving house means I don"t have the web access I'd like, and iiNet said it's going to take 10-20 days to get the net up. meh got phone wifi for now though...

Retired Earth type.

Murf Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 3:12:28

sure i am semi retired, not active much

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 10th 2012, 3:35:51

I saw helmet trashing me for "not responding" for 24hrs or some fluff.

i've been swamped at work due to some co-workers moving on to other opportunities (or being fired, there's some of each :p) so I've been working with nearly all my time. I'm pretty sure I told you to talk to detmer+balin if you wanted immediate responses -- i told others that as well.

and I don't think you're president when it's convienient for my spinning; i think you're president when SoF is looking to act defensive/avoid war. ivan is said to be absolute leader (not president) when you guys want to provoke stuff. it's the same song and dance we've all seen before -- like chevs said; convoluted on purpose. sof's version of goodcop-badcop. it's why i've never trusted sof'ers to be straight with me and always worry just a little bit when I'm standing beside Martian waiting for the subway!

but as someone who himself said he wasn't able to dedicate much time to EE because of RL work stuff I'd think you'd at least be kind enough not to trash me for it. but if you want to talk about convenient, it is sort of convenient that you are trying to act like nothing bad happened and this is all our fault because you choose to ignore all the issues between PDM/SoF over the last several rounds.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Murf Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 3:38:58

hey Pang, i was always straight up with everyone i ever dealt with :P

Helmet Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 4:04:19

You call that trashing?

Reckless Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 4:14:54

I dont know if I ever talked fluff to Helmet

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 4:19:31

He's trashing himself, helmy, being reason of work, life, etc.

Give fluff a break!

Chevs

Mar 10th 2012, 5:25:12

im usually straight with people too.

if ive learned something from this whole thing its that while i agree with pang a lot of the time when hes being flamed for random stuff the lesson to be learned is:

Pang is always the victim!
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)

Pride Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 5:34:40

Originally posted by Chevs:

if ive learned something from this whole thing its that while i agree with pang a lot of the time when hes being flamed for random stuff the lesson to be learned is:

Your straight ? lol :P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 10th 2012, 6:54:16

Originally posted by Chevs:

From #earthempires:
[21:00] <chevs> "news is broken"
[21:01] <chevs> haha
[21:01] <chevs> so pathetic
[21:01] <chevs> lost a tiny bit of respect for you pang
[21:01] <chevs> after that one

i guess this is another example of me being the victim, eh? sometimes people just seek you out and attack you when you're just minding your own business. I'm also aware you claim after the fact you were just joking, but that's a pretty crappy thing to postulate in a public channel. it's no better than ppl accusing TC of abusing Boxcar access.

this whole thread of the argument is so dumb. sof treated PDM flufftily until we were at the point of it ending in war. everyone agrees with that, right?

Edited By: Pang on Mar 10th 2012, 7:00:57
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Ivan Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 7:22:01

So we treat you badly with a couple of landgrabs while you sign grabbing pacts according to your own statement with half the server?

Yes we treat you badly phear our grabs because they are so much better then everyone elses!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 10th 2012, 8:07:31

as detmer+balin said we can't point to one incident. this has been escalating over several rounds.

we're not as upset as you think we are -- we just realize that this has come to the point where we are exchanging blows. it was the next step in the deterioration... you had to know that as much as we did, and we know for a fact you did.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

ArsenalMD Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 8:28:27

Sad to see it get to war as you are both great alliances.

MD wishes both sides goodluck.

Sov Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 8:59:49

Thanks Arsenal

Chevs

Mar 10th 2012, 12:32:56

Oh comon pang, I don't know the first thing about computer techy stuff and server splits and what not.

If I had a bone to pick I would have came to you privately and unloaded on you, and or responded when you called me an a$shat.

Should I have added the passive aggressive emoticons and smileys that you use all the time to make what you are saying not sound so...je ne sais quoi. I'm sure someone knows what I'm talkin abt.

Sorry if I ruffled ur feathers tho heh I don't think anyone cared though etc
SOF Head Of Poop

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 10th 2012, 12:34:41

Ivan you treated me badly... You cant call after our date? WTF...

Chaoswind Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 13:04:47

Cheap fluff?
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 10th 2012, 14:18:51

I use the :p smiley because it has a p in it and my name starts with a p.

has no one picked up on that over the last decade?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 10th 2012, 14:28:23

I am pretty sure rival fs laf once or twice over those emoticons... :D

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 10th 2012, 14:37:39

Originally posted by Eric171:
I am pretty sure rival fs laf once or twice over those emoticons... :D

I thought it was a multi-round thing that started before I was even in leadership again. that was one of the multiple reasons they claimed. but anyway, how did that work out for Rival? :p

fear the power of the :p!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff