Verified:

Popcom Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 16:45:40

you shouldn't have to log into the country to see it has been killed.
its a real pain in the ass when u start a kill run, but then relise 1/2 your countries are dead.
just seems like a waste of time to have to click on each one to see who is alive or not
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Detmer Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 16:52:36

I am going to assume this is an FFA reference.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 9th 2010, 19:27:59

I moved this here because it's something that should be decided by the ffa community. Is this really such a problem? We changed things so that users could login to their dead countries to see how they died.

What is the best way to treat dead countries on the mainffa page?

texhomastud Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 19:30:21

I agree--several kill runs have been cut short not knowin I had dead countries-Put them back in red and allow one login to see why-If thats possible thanks

Just A Thought TAM Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 19:31:12

Have them highlighted in a different colour.

We should still be able to log into them once to see what happened. That is quite useful.

But highlight a dead country in Blue, for example.

Also, maybe allow the ability to check your messages one last time when you log into a dead country.

Jun 9th 2010, 19:31:46

So highlighted in blue = Dead, but not yet logged into

Red = already logged into

Popcom Game profile

Jun 9th 2010, 19:34:46

good idea.

i like that u can log in and see what happened ect. but u should know whats dead and whats not.
i think JaTs idea is killer
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 9th 2010, 19:52:09

colours in general would be good for the UI in alot of places

have fun with it, set countries in your alliance or on your account to another colour on the scores page, why not have a dec war target coloured on scores

if you want to put in ingame relations for pacts and war and farm/cripple and so on put them in colours as well

make a preference page for the account or for each server to disable those things if people want then everyones happy

from what i remember they show up green in the list if in protection so red if dead should be easy enough

go crazy, make it so if you click on a certain spot you can see the news of that country or read its messages, or just an indicator to mention if their is new news or new messages or new alliances for that country

include indicator of how many turns each country has, can do that on the main login page for other servers too

perhaps info on what each country has on the market, but a simpler way would be to make login bonuses related to the last time you took a turn rather than the last time you logged in, could have cpu cycle issues

that said i usually check my tag out before logging in, or login to all countries then play, most alliances should have ways for you to know which of your countries are dead but if its as low an impact change as a colour on the login page will reduce dependancy on third party tools

Edited By: enshula on Jun 9th 2010, 19:55:08

Pain Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 16:52:50

how about where it shows the networth of each country on the main login next to the country name it says DEAD instead of what the net was before it died.
Your mother is a nice woman

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2010, 18:21:31

that raises the question as to whether networth of dead countries is subtracted from clan totals immediately or after a certain period

it used to be possible to keep dead countries counting for TNW and so on by logging into them every day

joeskin Game profile

Jun 10th 2010, 18:32:23

lol..just delete them from database....

:)
Sons of Liberty -http://sol.ghqnet.com

joeskin Sol kicker (#1123) [abSOLute] -> VolonterR (#1193) [RIVAL] 18C 116B

Jun 10th 2010, 18:32:53

Delete all of joeskins from the database!