Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2012, 22:47:43

Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by Pain:
Originally posted by Detmer:
Originally posted by Havoc:
land bots land bots!

I agree that NPCs with varying levels of AI would be a great improvement. I think that filling the server out to 4000 countries every round would be great. If this game ever gets back above that number, awesome, no NPCs. If it doesn't, there will be land to grab, buffering for newbies to not get run-off immediately, etc.

by varying levels of AI you mean some of them are smart enough to destroy a netters country who farmed them at some point in the set like most other suiciders would right? adding bots is a great idea if they can be programmed like that. otherwise youll have people who already camp the small amount of untags on a much larger scale, so not instead of them gaining 600 acres a day they will be able to gain 2500 acres a day with zero risk and no additional cost. if you think land trading is unfair, that is 10 times more unfair.

Yes, by varying AI levels I meant there should be some that will run rainbows and others real strats, some that will never retal and some that will retal heavily for somewhat minor transgressions (never a FFR for a single grab, but maybe a missile for a grab or an AB run for several hits).
Given that your landtrading can generate you 6k acres in this stage with no risk, I don't really see the argument that these bots should be retalling countries that grab them. Even then the playing field is not even.

Edited By: Pontius Pirate on Feb 29th 2012, 3:33:55
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF