Verified:

TY Game profile

Feb 6th 2012, 4:13:08

I was really down debating this but I am going to go out onto a limb and give one of the reasons I believe. Because of all the circumstantial evidence that is offered up in the Bible. Circumstantial evidence can be very unreliable I agree. When it becomes overwhelming though even a court of law will convict based off of it. There are hundreds if not thousands of descriptions of what the Hebrews messiah was going to do and what to look for when he arrived. Christ does seem to of fulfilled them all.

Christ claimed Godhood (if you believe the Bible). He performed hundreds of what would be called miracles. The Hebrews of the day and today don't deny he performed those acts described in the Bible. They say he did it just to fulfill what was said or that the miraculous events were performed through the power of Beelzebub. If they could have proved it they would have done it, they didn't. When they went to Pontius Pilate they had nothing truly to convict him of. Not even there own laws.

Now I guess this needs for one to believe the Bible. Most historians say without the super natural elements the Bible is the greatest historical account of a people we have in existences, going back past the Pharaohs of Egypt. I chose to also believe the supernatural events.

Christ can be only one of three things. He was either God, as he claimed to be, the greatest conman of all time, or just a nutcase that got at first hundreds and then down through history billions to believe him. I choose to believe the first. We all have to make the decision for ourselves. If Christ was God come to us in a human form then that inherently tells me God does exist.

Edited By: TY on Feb 6th 2012, 4:25:31
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
There's a great power in words, if you don't hitch too many of them together.
Josh Billings