Verified:

dagga Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 13:04:15

Right now, SOL vs SOF would possibly be the best war of all time on EE. Granted, I don't want it to happen because SOF are good allies and we are on great terms for the first time in a decade but, would this be a dead heat right now?

Do you think SOF would wipe the floor with SOL, or vice versa? Stupid bias aside - I'd love to hear the balanced views of the great AT think tank.

I thought adding RAGE to SOF would make them the first consistent 100+ tagger but it seems there was a bit of fallout from the ECM war.

Thoughts?
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 14:10:22

sof would win hands down...

Evolution Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 14:22:54

Sof would have to win, or i'd loose faith in them. They lost unforgivably last time, though all solers, including myself, made excuses for them.

We have them on a Pedestal, that they are fighting machines like us. They undertand us and are like us. Therefore solers like them very much.

Sof are our most respected rivals. They should not lose in a fight. Though we wouldn't go easy on them. Sol's attitude towards Sof changed in 2004 when we realised their great value.

How can we know our own greatness if we have nothing to compare ourselves with.

-Sol's resident ex-mad psychologist. or should that be mad ex-psycholgist.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Speaker Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 14:25:19

Based on the current and most basic country stats I'd say SoL. I don't think either could "wipe the floor" with the other.

Evolution Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 14:30:42

Depends on the timing as well, unfortantely Sof may be developing a rather abstact weakness. Though only time will tell.

I certainly hope I am incorrect. Though I rarely was?
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

locket Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 14:48:28

I think it would be best for EE as a whole if one of them backstabbed the other this set. Would create two power blocks of equal power and make things more interesting. I have no idea who'd win. Havn't payed attention to a sol war since you got spanked by laf 2 in a row! ;) I joke of course with that last part.

Edited By: locket on Apr 15th 2011, 14:51:10
See Original Post

Havoc Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 14:56:16

It does seem logical that the two biggest warring powers should war eachother..:)
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Evolution Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 14:57:20

Originally posted by locket:
I think it would be best for -- -- - ----- -- --- -- ---- ----------- --- ---- ---- ---- --- ------ --- ---- ------ --- ---- ----- --- ---- ----- ---- ------------ -- --- -- ---- ----- ---- ------ ----- --------- -- sol war ----- --- --- ------- -- laf 2 in a row!

How this paragraph read to me. I have to agree. However Sol can never lose in a war with laf because we like to war and laf doesn't. Therefore war is always winning for Sol and losing for laf.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 15:53:50

I LOVE HYPOTHETICAL TALK

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 15th 2011, 16:16:58

SoF would win ingame
SoL would win on AT

both parts of the war would be based on attrition and restart (or reply) rate. :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Reckless Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 16:20:23

Who has done well during the EE era?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 15th 2011, 16:53:45

"Sol's attitude towards Sof changed in 2004 when we realised their great value."

If you read the SoF earth wiki I think the attitude kind of swung both positively and negatively for a while :P. There was certainly mutual respect there since SoF came back in 2004 though. There was certainly not the same kind of out and out hostility as there was prior to that (AT trolling aside)

I should point out that Sol fs'd SoF my first reset as prez after all.. dnh my ass:P.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

ZDH Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 16:57:17

Could have a fun war and see who is better I know neither one of you can or want to net :-p

Not that i'm a great netter btw.
-BigZ

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 19:24:42

EVO would win

Chevs

Apr 15th 2011, 19:43:26

SoF Is netting.

PS this thread is tarded
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

swampy Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 21:50:42

I like how this seems to come up at the start of each set, one day it will come and we shall war together.

Evolution Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 23:51:18

Originally posted by martian:
"Sol's attitude towards Sof changed in 2004 when we realised their great value."

If you read the SoF earth wiki I think the attitude kind of swung both positively and negatively for a while :P. There was certainly mutual respect there since SoF came back in 2004 though. There was certainly not the same kind of out and out hostility as there was prior to that (AT trolling aside)

I should point out that Sol fs'd SoF my first reset as prez after all.. dnh my ass:P.

Of course, if we like Sof for their warness, it only stands to reason that we would war. Win or lose, doesn't matter, only that it would be an excellent war.

Hate is not the opposite of Love, Apathy is. Sof is Sol's only recognised rival regardless of whether Sof is in the game or not.
Having the potential for war with Sof someday is enough to keep me happy.

Jiman Game profile

Apr 15th 2011, 23:53:56

If SOL and SOF does war in future resets, I hope its as friends with a predetermined start time. I do picture SOF and SOL working together towards a common enemy more so.

Evo nails it on the head pretty well for me.
I have a lot of respect for SOF right now. In my mind they are amazing warriors with a lot of honour.

If SOL and SOF did War... really its hard to say.
I think the FS would determind the winner by far.

locket Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 0:21:33

common enemy Jiman? Who is good enough to be considered an enemy of those 2? it would take like 8 clans to beat them

Evolution Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 1:56:05

Originally posted by locket:
common enemy Jiman? Who is good enough to be considered an enemy of those 2? it would take like 8 clans to beat them

the alliance known simply as 'the rest'

Chevs

Apr 16th 2011, 2:42:36

if it was SoF + SoL vs the server aka the rest I'm pretty sure SoF + SoL wouldn't stand a chance

they'd somehow have to overcome more than 2:1 numbers advantage.

stuff like this would never happen though given the politcal web aka who hates who and whos blowing who

SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

swampy Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 5:55:47

now that would be an interesting

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 16th 2011, 8:14:17

mutual FS SOL & SoF

i'd put 3:2 in favour of an SoF win
Finally did the signature thing.

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 9:26:10

creation of hatred +1

Junky Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 18:31:56

SoF+SOL would have to strategicaly take out the more active people for warring.... Image, then LaF, then Omega, then Sanct, then Monsters... doing seperate timed FS Waves for a 1,2 punch. :-D after that it'd be an interesting war.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

locket Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 20:07:32

As much as I like seeing our name there I doubt Laf would be the 2nd target :P I'd hit omega before us thats for sure.

henrik Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 21:01:44

What? no-no-no, Omega should be targeted last!
To quote Oddball from kelly's heroes:

Oddball: We see our role as essentially defensive in nature. While our armies are advancing so fast and everyone's knocking themselves out to be heroes, we are holding ourselves in reserve in case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive which threatens Paris... or maybe even New York. Then we can move in and stop them.

Oddball: This engine's been modified by our mechanical genius here, Moriarty. Right?

Moriarty: Whatever you say, babe.
[giggles]

Oddball: These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Kelly: [looking skeptical] Got any other secret weapons?

Oddball: Well, yeah, man, you see, like, all the tanks we come up against are bigger and better than ours, so all we can hope to do is, like, scare 'em away, y'know. This gun is an ordinary 76mm but we add this piece of pipe onto it, and the Krauts think, like, maybe it's a 90mm. We got our own ammunition, it's filled with paint. When we fire it, it makes... pretty pictures. Scares the hell outta people! We have a loudspeaker here, and when we go into battle we play music, very loud. It kind of... calms us down.

Havoc Game profile

Apr 16th 2011, 21:14:54

Its true, the music and paint helps
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

dagga Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 1:26:18

I doubt LaF is in the top 5 of first hit alliances tbh.
signatures are stupid.

ponderer Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 1:34:45

First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin
m0m0rific

hanlong Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 21:09:13

i agree with dagga (and i don't usually agree with him)

LaF should be the last one hit =)
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Corfu Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 0:21:51

My money would be on SoF, although I'm surprised at the dramatic drop in numbers from last reset.

ClayQ Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 0:37:30

Originally posted by iScode:
Sof by a mile...

having been a member of both alliances, I'd likely give SoF the win, but it won't be by a mile...

At Current, SoF's Focuses for warring are better. However SoL's tools are still being updated, and are far less antiquated than SoF's. Without revealing "true" weaknesses in either alliance;

Walling will be about the same from both sides at the end of the day, as will restart rate, and target selection. Both alliances have a solid enough core in leadership and member base for these things in regards to war.

If one side got the FS, and it wasn't pre-arranged that side would win... with few exceptions.

SoF - Hits faster, and is less predictable on war chat times.
This is a negative however, as without a "set" schedule for killing it can cause lower kill run turnouts/effectiveness as was seen last reset. SoF has a hard time with an uphill battle, once they start slipping they will continue to slip.

SoL - Kills slower, giving enemies a better chance to wall, however knows how to handle wallers in the end it just takes more effort for them. Because SoL is predictable on when they kill, they will have better "turnouts" on their chats overall, it doesn't change from day to day. In fact it hasn't changed from year to year. In the last decade I don't think SoL's kill times have changed even once.... SoL is better at the uphill battle, if they start to slip, they still know how to run lemmings and others well... and if I had to give a winner they'll likely have the better restart rate (although they will be close)

So even from behind I see Sol as still able to contend, where as if SoF slipped too far, I don't see SoF as being able to recover.

SoF would have the advantage going in, as they have a crew that is much more likely to just Run the strat they are told to run to a T and thus will have better stocked/prepped war countries as a whole. Where as SoL has a more "have fun" environment, where people run what they want to run, and aren't always that good at it. Players are informed of how to improve, but are never really rewarded or disciplined for doing or not doing better.

In a mutual war, It would look much like the ECM war of last set, if SoF came out on top SoL wouldn't slip as fast or as far, if SoL came out on top SoF would have a much harder time fighting back. I'd expect SoF's current war machine to maintain that advantage of their countries through the FS/CS period. The question is if they really can handle the war of attrition.

ClayQ Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 2:54:12

You honestly think that if SoF and SoL warred... Maki would be doing the target selection?

Best joke all day.

Soviet Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 3:03:02

Originally posted by iScode:
no no. I said just having Maki was a downfall, nothing to do with target selection. That guy really does make the alliance suck.

+1
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Deerhunter Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 3:32:03

SOF would win hands down. There are still many in SOL who do not see the importance of land and big countries, however, this is starting to change. SOF runs strats more efficient, has larger, and better stocked countries as a whole. Everyone knows the time SOL has war chats- SOF is not always the same. My prediction would not for sure see a tag kill by sets end but the net worth advantage would certainly be in SOFs favor- by more than 3-1.

Of course this is all assuming that the start with relatively even numbers and there is no surprise attack. If it was prearranged and SOF would win even if SOL got the FS in. Sorry SOL but that is just how i see it. And has been that way ever since SOF has had equal #s.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Jiman Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 3:38:22

ClayQ, nice some up.

dagga Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 5:27:11

If SoF took a FS from SOL right now, they would lose. Vice versa, we would lose. Mutual first strike? Extremely close.
signatures are stupid.

Thomas Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 6:00:21

100% dependent on the FS.

Does one side get the FS or is it mutual?
And what week into the war? SoF is built for late wars, SoL is built for early wars.

Soviet Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:08:10

SOL is very dependent on SOF Foreign Aid to win it's wars. Take that out of their war strategy and they fall flat on their face.
Imaginary Numbers

Reckless Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 15:13:43

SOVIET WITH THE DISS

Helmet Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 21:29:05

lol

dagga Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 1:51:35

hah
signatures are stupid.

Klown Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 2:22:52

Having never won a war in its 10+ year history, iMag criticizing any alliance is pretty funny.

Soviet Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 5:41:28

Originally posted by Klown:
Having never won a war in its 10+ year history, iMag criticizing any alliance is pretty funny.

We've never lost.
Imaginary Numbers

Makinso Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 9:53:06

roflmao Soviet.

That statement proves that you fall flat on your face at anything you try? :-D

cypress Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 9:57:50

He's serious!

Deerhunter Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 11:59:54

Originally posted by Soviet:
Originally posted by Klown:

We've never lost.

They have never lost. They just win by moral victory in every war they fight. LMFAO.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Evolution Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 12:29:01

MORAL VICTORY FOREVER!!!!

Soviet Game profile

Apr 20th 2011, 14:47:45

Originally posted by Makinso:
roflmao Soviet.

That statement proves that you fall flat on your face at anything you try? :-D

When the official goal is to die, and you end up dying, do you not achieve the goal you set out to do, thus win?

:)
Imaginary Numbers