Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 23rd 2023, 4:55:39

Originally posted by cyref:
Originally posted by braden:
Cyref- do as you've been told above and take your rightful place in weedylar!

Heya braden howzitgoin'?

But RM didn't say that. He said i should go play on a solo server. In his world my opinion disqualifies me from any form of Team play.

Excuses is all I'm hearing. Don't miss the super team lol.

I think my opinions about ClanGDI are as old as the discussion. As I recall, they've always been well received, and as far as I understand it, the biggest hurdle to climb was just programming hours. I think there's a reason pang never implemented the changeset he was building, and it isn't just that more netters were agreeing with my ideas than this buildout. It's because without politics and such built in, it kills half of the game. Even if he went with his own opinion over that of the community, he could see the impending mass exodus we're seeing now.

That said, people have wanted the expenses formula fixed to provide parity between strats for...the whole time there has been bots. I think it's a little disingenuous to say all 1a wardogs don't ever net. Or, at least, it's a generalization. I held a netting record on one server for a time, and really enjoy that aspect of the game.

I find the netting meta of 1a completely intolerable. From bots controlling the market to land fat FFO being the only strat able to compete for 1st (don't get me wrong...the fact that many have been close but no one has crossed 800m as demo reseller has entered my mind because I'm good at that strat. But finishing in 17th place to break that record has made me never do it. Perhaps it's in some part my motivation and not necessarily the meta. But I like winning, and i know DTR or MBR cant do it).

I think the game just needs to be open sourced at this point, and for players to vote on changes. Anything short of that seems to be people who havent played in a decade plugging in super out of touch changes in response to the handful of people they're close to crying.

It's been like 8 years since an FFO at 350k+ didn't win 1a. And the idea that 5,000 bot hits takes less time than a handful of warchats is actually a lie and completely asinine and disingenuous.

I view it as "players who like playing with the community" vs "players who like playing alone" rather than "treehuggers" and "wolves." Granted, the wardogs have occasionally done wars against netters but there's generally half a decade in between the barage of friendly wars we do against each other.

The goal shouldn't be to stop a war meta from proliferation. It should be to balance a bad netting meta so people like me who are cool with both find netting interesting again.

I would dead ass seriously go full netter if 5k bot hits and oil destocking wasn't the only way to win. I think that's important to consider.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 23rd 2023, 5:03:52
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit