Verified:

Hellrush Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 20:02:19

They should rename this server to Self Farming Server. Looks like thats all people do here.

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 19th 2010, 20:35:14

could call it Emo Server with all the Selfarm going on, lol ;)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Some Guy

Aug 19th 2010, 20:35:38

Several good clans don't.

But they won't be able to compete in NW until they band together and kill them.

Kill4Free Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 20:50:05

NBK has a no self farming policy :D
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Popcom Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 22:34:47

if by several good clans, u mean NBK :P
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Desperado Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:04:00

self farming is something that is very very queer, only fat ugly computer geeks self farm, hell they can't get laid in real life, so they pleasure themselves, who's to say they can do a decent landgrab on anybody but themselves in this game

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:06:32

damnitt....despie just beat me to the self-farming:self-pleasuring analogy :-(

Dragon Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:15:56

FOr the whole time I played the original E2025, I had a steadfast "no self-farming" rule.

But there were 47,000 countries to grab and I felt that if you didn't have the commitment or guts to do the leg work and gain land legitimately, that you were lazy and not among the truly good players.

However, today in EE, there's not even 1/10 of the countries there used to be.

For the first time EVER, I decided to run some landfarms this reset. I'm not comparing my effort to the guys who are still either All-X or busting their asses over the few small targets out there. Those guys are really what this game is all about. Or should be about.

I'll tell you. Last set was my first reset back after years. All my countries were All-X or had dine a few grabs on other players. A lot of my countries finished at or near $50 Million NW and I was tickled pink. I thought I did pretty good for a "legit" player.

Unfortunately, that's not what the game is about anymore. Too many players are uninterested in just doing what they can with what they have. They want to have big acres so they can be the Woo Hoo Wonders of Free For All.

That's their call. I just decided that I'd see if I could hang with them in their game since I've never self-farmed before.

Will I do it again next set? I honestly don't know. I gotta tell you. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. What I'd really like to see is all those guys run All-X or just get moderately large doing reasonable grabs.

The ONLY way self-farming will ever stop is if there's a cap put on the amount of land a player can have, or if the returns on hits after a player hits a certain acreage quits being worthwhile.

Popcom Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:34:53

yea, bots were sweet for LG targets. and by LG i mean farm.
i think self farming is good and bad.
but i think the nubs who self farm to 100k + acres, with no defense, just deserve to eat a huge LG or 3.
i'm a big believer that you should be able to protect what you have
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Dragon Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:37:19

Originally posted by Popcom:
i'm a big believer that you should be able to protect what you have

Yup. And if you don't, shame on you.

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 0:50:53

Maybe not shame on you, but you got what you had comin to ya if someone decides to take 5-10k of it because it was only a 100 jet PS.

Dragon Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:04:21

You know, I have no clue how those guys run their countries in terms of defenses, but I know how I run mine.

You prolly should spy me up (if you even can) before you do a 100 jet PS. It might take 200.

Pain Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:21:55

i run 1 "netter" and 15 all x countries that i will grab for land with my "netter".

i would have no issues with people landgrabbing my all x countries here and there. now if you touch my netter my all x countries turn into all x killers :P
Your mother is a nice woman

Popcom Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 1:56:12

i can spy any country in the game no prob thank you very much! :P

personally i feel good when i make a good LG or 2. or when i finish the set at a decent NW even if it may not be a top finisher.
I just don't get where the challenge or sense of pride is when u
just farm the fluff outa yourself with 0 d and make a ezmode net country.
just my 2c
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Dragon Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 2:03:27

I don't disagree, dude. In fact, I pretty much have said the same thing all along.

Do me a favor though. spy on one of my 35K guys so I can see your OP bounce ;)

If you're an All-X guy or a grabbing guy and can finish over 50 Million NW on this server without any FA, you got game. Period.

MY personal challenge this set will be to see just what I can do with my 4 remaining land farms by the end of the reset.

I'm stopping all grabbing on them after Sunday. That'll give me a month to see what I can do with them. I can telll you now that those will be the most fun to play. Because it's a challenge.

Mad Morticia Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 6:06:35

I can't bear to grab any of my countries. They're all like my little children. But then, you sure are not gonna find me in the top 100 either. That's OK tho. I can live with mediocrity in the Earth game.

Havoc Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 14:40:12

Meh, this set I'm just trying to get 5-6 countries in the top 25 or so, and essentially the only way to do that is to self farm. I can finish t25 going all-x in Alliance server, and top 5 in Team grabbing. I don't want to, or have the patience/time to do that here with 16 countries. This servers about doing whatever you want to achieve whatever goal you have, with your own 16 countries.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

llaar Game profile

Aug 20th 2010, 17:42:13

how about people play they way they want to

its a game after all, play to have fun

last set i had like 460 million ANW last set with a top country of 6.4 billion NW, 3 top 10's, and 12 countries in the top 50

that was fun :D

Mad Morticia Game profile

Aug 21st 2010, 4:02:47

Yeah, whatever floats your boat.... After all freedom is the name of this game, right? Well, up to a point anyway. :P

Popcom Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 0:44:44

Originally posted by Havoc:
Meh, this set I'm just trying to get 5-6 countries in the top 25 or so, and essentially the only way to do that is to self farm. I can finish t25 going all-x in Alliance server, and top 5 in Team grabbing. I don't want to, or have the patience/time to do that here with 16 countries. This servers about doing whatever you want to achieve whatever goal you have, with your own 16 countries.

this is true.
but if self farming was a big no no like it always was in FFA, it would make it so any clans/players had the same shot at the top. not just the ones with good tag protection/pacts.
i think because of self farming the skill cap for the game on this server has plummeted. if everyone was netting "legit" then it would be a much bigger accomplshment to be on the top of the netting pile IMO.
also, more fun on the boards frm grabs, and more wars even.
my 2c
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Havoc Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 0:46:24

Yeah you have a point there, I'm not entirely against banning it outright, but I'm sure people would find ways to get around the 'ban' either way..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Popcom Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 0:50:37

but then others could kill them

what im getting at, is fighting is good and there isn't enough of it :P
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 22nd 2010, 5:23:00

i think self farming is silly, but if we dont do that then the only strat which works in ffa is techer, which is also silly

and people still aid like crazy for retals with o allies and FA even if they wont self farm

dragon allx is okish but not so good with techers since you have to stop on very low land, maybe 10k

and as to spal the higher you go the lower your finish, its all a tradeoff

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 6:34:02

What's to keep a tag of 16 from self-farming? That player has access to the exact same set of resources that a player in a 300+ member clan does, and with self farming they ought to have a country large enough to retal just about anything to deter hitters.

Desperado Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 15:14:30

because a 16 country tag isn't as prone to having somebody in it telling another clan to fluff themselves?

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

mrford Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 16:43:33

I run 16 identical all-x countries

I have nither the time, nor the desire to self-farm. But if I go to war, I got 16 beastly war countries :) they would put chupacabras to shame
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Popcom Game profile

Aug 22nd 2010, 17:02:26

LOL now3p, come on...
you really think if a tag of 16 self farmed to 100k acres lae (+ half the other clans) wouldn't farm the fluff outa them? come on.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life