Verified:

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2010, 7:12:22

You can now make the General, Economic, or War page be your "default page". That means that whenever you click "Play & Create Countries" or "CONTROL" you'll be sent to that page instead of "mainffa". We also changed around what data was displayed on the war page.

We've temporarily removed the tag/api page because they weren't ready in time for the big update. They'll be back before FFA resets. In addition, we're going to allow users to create up to 16 countries at once soon.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve the ffa experience please speak up. Thank you.

edit: We added totals too. I forgot that.

Edited By: Slagpit on Jul 19th 2010, 7:14:33
See Original Post

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2010, 11:39:55

takes forever to scroll down news now with extra news details
smaller text difficult to make out compared with former (wonder how it works on iphone/pod?)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2010, 11:47:33

im happy you fixed the long country name display bug i had :)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2010, 11:51:59

oh wow, i always heard people talk about the new message flag on the portal but i could never see it because of my long country name

was about to suggest it, then i thought to check by messaging myself and its already in place :)

kemo Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 15:05:57

can ya do extra colors in the personal news when logging in? like make the spy attempts a different color? make it slightly easier to spot in a list full of stuff sold
all praised to ra

Havoc Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 15:08:10

looks great, thanks
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

malykii Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 16:34:01

can you make it to where it shows the attack and defends again? i found that useful personally just to see at a quick glance if someone did a lg against me or not instead of having to login to the countries.
fear the turtles.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 16:56:06

can 72 hr attacks me added to genral and all time attacks be added to war ( and be totaled )
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2010, 17:18:30

I was going to add some X hour of attacks to general. Not sure if an attack count could be added to war. Is there enough space? Does it actually help you run your countries?

Havoc Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 17:23:43

a 24 or 72 hr attack/def in general would be nice. And no a total doesnt really help you run your countries but its nice to have that stat easily accessible..:)
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 17:49:53

I think in the end, if you have a list of all imaginable varriables, and allow ppl to make their own custom page, that would be best hehe
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 17:53:03

Love it, guys! Great job!!!

Only concern I would voice would be to echo Akula's thoughts on new news display. It's easier to read, but takes up a lot of screen space - perhaps color coding like kemo suggested?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2010, 18:45:44

That stuff honestly doesn't have anything to do with mainffa. I'd suggest posting that in another thread so the right person sees your posts.

Customization is an interesting option. If we went with that we'd probably just add a "custom" page and let users pick whatever columns they wanted to.

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 18:56:32

The 24/72 hr attack used to be in the display, and that would be cool if it could be added back =) I liked that!

Also, I would love to see stored turns displayed with turns as well. It would be nice to know if you are going to lose turns without logging in (like if you are stockpiling turns for an FS and you are waiting for a bonus, but aren't sure if you are at 120(120)).

Thanks
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 19th 2010, 19:02:40

would be nice to have it all sortable, but theres a lot of other stuff id rather have sortable first

in economic:
no tech on hand column in economic but its not particularly needed

perhaps some info about orders, a column listing how many orders are still active maybe?

in war:
obviously everyone would like to know turns stored, id actually like to see turns stored and on hand on the general tab to remind you that you need to play certain countries or lose turns more than on the war tab

the most important thing for the war tab is to know which countries are being attacked and how much

perhaps another tab called news or something similar

listing:
ss ps gs br ab chem nuke emd spyops

with total and recent for each, particularly important is how many since last login, with 6 hours and 24 hours less usefull

id like to see differance in general, perhaps a way to switch the pages between total, and change since last login

there should also be a way to summarise all countries at war with your country so you dont have to go looking through recent news

Desperado Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 1:36:58

yeah, what enshula said... and maybe after that, could you make it so the countries do their own startup phase and eventually run themselves too?

come on now folks, for long over a decade you've all played this game, and many of you moved on to become some of the best without all of these nifty new gadgets... how much more do you really think you need?

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Desperado Game profile

Jul 20th 2010, 1:44:20

don't get me wrong, I like everything thats been done, and it has come together really really well, but I think the admins should take a vacation and rest your creative minds for a set

pants antler

MedicineMan2

Jul 20th 2010, 14:19:44

everything you guys are doing is great for the game..

Just want to say thanks....because I know you don't hear it much...

You guys are trying your best to improve this game....THANKS

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2010, 0:31:14

Tag/api are back.

Added sorting for most columns.

On the market page, it lets you know if something sold on the market since your last login. On the war page, it lets you know if you've been attacked since you logged out.

It's now possible to create up to 16 countries at once. Country name uniqueness has been removed for the FFA server as well.

On the CLAN page, the suggested allies are the rest of your countries.

Besides bugs, I'm fairly sure that we're done with this for now. I'd be more likely to remove information than add more atm.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 0:45:28

sorting is win in general :)

diff since login sounds cool

for sales and attacks those are the two it matters most

perhaps land but i usually remember that

country name uniqueness means you cant have different names or you can have all the same name?

the one last thing id like added somewhere is a way to know whos at war with your country

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2010, 0:54:44

N countries may have the same country name.

How would you suggest organizing the war information? What if 32 countries declared war on your country?

Desperado Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 1:08:29

all looks really nice slag

pants antler

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2010, 1:30:50

perhaps a "there is someone at war with this country" flag on the war page

then in each country a list of the actual countries at war

although with the new way you can break down news history into categories its probably not as bad to find any more as it was with that and a text search

malykii Game profile

Jul 22nd 2010, 2:09:39

i think things are pretty damn nice right now. hats off to the admins for sure. it is great to actually see ideas get implemented into the game.
fear the turtles.

Mad Morticia Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 22:41:43

Agree that you guys are by far the nicest and most helpful bunch as well as being so receptive to new ideas (weird tho some may be :) to ever run and own (? do you?) this game.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 23:35:23

These guys have definitely kicked this game up a notch. Just keeps getting better and better.

Popcom Game profile

Jul 25th 2010, 2:04:03

agreed
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~