Verified:

lincoln

May 16th 2011, 14:43:51

As you may recall, the current (360)(360) was adopted to thwart the "dasher" practice of storing up tons of turns and then sprinting from 80th place to first in the closing hours.
The $1000 tech floor was adopted at the same time in part for the same reason.

the one thing we lost with this rule change was the ability to solo kill a top ten player as retal for early set transgressions

With the new GDI entrenched, the dasher strat is dead anyway. Because if you are in 80th place, you will be hit a dozen times for the ghost acreage. Unless you play the DR defense perfectly, you will not be able to dash to the top.

Consequently, it is time to go to (450)(270) in order to allow an aggrieved party to solo kill a top ten GDI player at a single sitting.The alternative is to stay with (360)(360) but for every
special attack, allow two turns to come out of storage. With that rule, the aggrieved party can exact their revenge without reintroducing the danger of a dasher victory. This is a better, more elegant solution, however the admins have shown an aversion to complex rule changes.

As slagpit has repeatedly acknowledged, solo kills are a big part of express. We should protect the possibility of solo killing a quad-tapping GDI player who ascended to the top ten using his target's land. The recent set between superfly and eisland nein highlights the value of this rule change.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and any thoughtful responses.

Edited By: lincoln on May 16th 2011, 14:50:13
See Original Post
FoG

diez Game profile

May 16th 2011, 14:52:40

If you feel like you got grabbed once or twice, retal.

If you feel like you got farmed, you can go all out on the offender, just not kill.

The guy that farmed you gave you a chance to actually retaliate. Why shouldn't those guys that farmed you be given a chance to actually live and war you back?

I don't think people should be allowed to perform a 5-min solo kill in this server. Instead, give the chance for people to actually wall it for a couple of hours at least.

If we follow your logic, I can see people who actually try to win the game gets killed over 2 grabs over the course of the set.

SuperFly Game profile

May 16th 2011, 19:37:35

Originally posted by lincoln:
As slagpit has repeatedly acknowledged, solo kills are a big part of express. We should protect the possibility of solo killing a quad-tapping GDI player who ascended to the top ten using his target's land. The recent set between superfly and eisland nein highlights the value of this rule change.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and any thoughtful responses.

Or we can just get rid of the stupid GDI, which is what I advocated for many rounds of express. I just figured that I would try hiding behind the GDI shield while taking advantage of other players for a change instead of getting shafted as I usual do by other top 10 GDI countrys.

So in conclusion I vote to remove GDI from this server. Too many people take advantage of the little guy thanks to GDI blocking missles and ABs.

NOW3P Game profile

May 17th 2011, 0:48:45

no - this server is already hurting enough with players being able to randomly kill at will. Why would we want to exacerbate the problem by making it even easier?

SuperFly Game profile

May 17th 2011, 1:53:43

Ok I agree with whatever NOW3P Says. NO to removing GDI and No to more turns.

Tree hugging for the win. I will look down at all of you from the top 10 lol

mrford Game profile

May 17th 2011, 1:58:14

you cant kill with 360 turns?

i sure as hell can, and have turns left over
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 17th 2011, 2:27:59

Solo kills are the worst part of express.

diez Game profile

May 17th 2011, 3:01:04

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Or we can just get rid of the stupid GDI, which is what I advocated for many rounds of express. I just figured that I would try hiding behind the GDI shield while taking advantage of other players for a change instead of getting shafted as I usual do by other top 10 GDI countrys.

So in conclusion I vote to remove GDI from this server. Too many people take advantage of the little guy thanks to GDI blocking missles and ABs.

The "advantage" you're referring to is one landgrab. I don't see how that translates to being "bullies".

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 17th 2011, 12:51:34

i was thinking the same thing ford
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

diez Game profile

May 17th 2011, 13:53:15

you sure can, against an unprepared country. Let's not make it happen even easier lol.

MR BUTTMAN

May 17th 2011, 14:18:36

im gonna kill diez's country this week

diez Game profile

May 17th 2011, 14:24:59

diez barely plays express lol

NOW3P Game profile

May 17th 2011, 14:51:12

Fordie's probably right, although he probably shoulda added the caveat that you can kill w/ 360 turns 'with the right gov't' - I think you'll be hard pressed to find many that can solo kill with 360 turns with a Rep or Demo.

lincoln

May 17th 2011, 20:51:13

you can not kill a top ten country with 11000 acres, 1.2M troops and 4M turrets in one sitting with only 360 turns, can not be done

even with a fully teched commie with mil strat maxed
FoG

pslayer Game profile

May 17th 2011, 22:17:35

If you've been sitting on 4.25% Warfare for a few days with ~8k land and haven't been diffused, there's a good chance you could.

NOW3P Game profile

May 20th 2011, 4:01:17

you can not kill a top ten country with 11000 acres, 1.2M troops and 4M turrets in one sitting with only 360 turns, can not be done

even with a fully teched commie with mil strat maxed

wanna put money on that, peaches?

TNTroXxor Game profile

May 20th 2011, 4:29:06

IMO only those who have never succeed in netting and or couldnt net even if they tried complains of GDI.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

Walding Game profile

May 20th 2011, 4:35:31

someone never heard of the CM?

diez Game profile

May 20th 2011, 4:42:09

/me puts money on now3p

lincoln

May 20th 2011, 20:33:53

no thanks, HWCNG.
i do not do business with self-avowed racists.
FoG

mrford Game profile

May 20th 2011, 21:16:01

its called Stir Rebellions for readiness

yes, you can. and easily.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

May 21st 2011, 23:06:55

Actually gregg, you need a new acronym. Your current one is no longer true.

It's ok though, in truth it would be more like a business transaction - you'd end up paying for a lesson in how the game works.

Lemme know when you wanna learn how to play with the big boys instead of filling diapers in the shallow end server.

lincoln

May 22nd 2011, 16:37:56

there are several non GDI countries in the top ten right now

why dont you tctGk members solo-kill one and prove me wrong?

fordy lecturing me on how spies work is actually a scream

what is next, the ESC lectures me on ethics?
FoG

lincoln

May 22nd 2011, 16:47:06

HWCNG,

you have told us on numerous occasions of your disdain for this server.

you explained on another forum that your disdain combined with clan loyalty is the reason you cheated and lied for months on this server. If you could just learn to value honesty and integrity, it would help you not only on this serveer but in life.

If you hate this server so much, if you hate the ALCSA, if you can not stomach a server where cheating is verboten, just stop trolling here. Simple.
FoG

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 17:10:46

gregg, ive played this game for more than 10 years

i have forgotten more about spys than you will ever know
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

May 22nd 2011, 17:38:48

first

i could teach you how to spell spies

then we could work on the harder stuff

like why intel alliances make no sense on express
why 120 ops is not enough
and why the weakness of the bomb banks ops is bad for the server

frankly i doubt you will ever come to understand those concepts
so let us just stick to teaching you to spell

FoG

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 22:32:56

Originally posted by iScode:
ANSWER MY QUESTION HOMO'S!!!

i can't. it's supposed to be listed under Server Details, but it keeps taking me to a page about Jared Lougher.

hmm, wonder what mrford's iphone would spit out if he tried to spell "lincoln wears a dress".
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

mrford Game profile

May 23rd 2011, 0:47:38

first

then we could work on the harder stuff

like why intel alliances make no sense on express
why 120 ops is not enough
and why the weakness of the bomb banks ops is bad for the server

frankly i doubt you will ever come to understand those concepts
so let us just stick to teaching you to spell

these are all opinions not spy formulas and results you fluffing tard.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NOW3P Game profile

May 23rd 2011, 4:23:39

Leave it to the incapable to cite grammar and spelling as their primary issue with an opinion.

I have solo killed top 10 countries, on several occasions. Just because you're currently unable to understand how doesn't mean it's not possible.

It's ok though - you'll be past your noob days sooner or later, and then you might actually become relevant.

lincoln

May 23rd 2011, 17:38:35

not since the turn count change you have not

last post on this. I am not going to argue with a self-confessed liar

*note either be nice or be deleted, using disablity as an insult will not be tolerated

Edited By: Warster on May 23rd 2011, 21:13:39
FoG

diez Game profile

May 23rd 2011, 17:42:24

you actually can, lincoln. with a decent country, tyr, mstrat, good spal, and fair amount of missiles. I don't see the point of doing that though - unless the guy farmed the hell out of you.

Is my comment deemed neutral enough to you lincoln?

May 23rd 2011, 17:58:43

not since the turn count change you have not

last post on this. I am not going to argue with a self-confessed liar .

just out of curiousity, how does a liar go about self-confessing? and how do you figure out that you can believe the confession?

Edited By: Warster on May 23rd 2011, 21:14:16

NOW3P Game profile

May 26th 2011, 6:18:46

Shh Dibs - don't interrupt the mindless rhetoric pls.

Rule #1 of bad trolling - When you don't have a leg to stand on, say something nasty about the other guy and call him a liar/idiot/puppet/fool/etc to avoid the real subject.

And to answer your question gregg - I'm still around cuz it gives me a chubby every time I see your name.

Fatty Game profile

May 27th 2011, 23:39:34

99/50

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Drinks Game profile

May 28th 2011, 8:07:50

This thread went from bad to terrible. Some of the responses were good though

Edited By: Drinks on May 28th 2011, 8:11:33
See Original Post
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

NOW3P Game profile

May 29th 2011, 3:29:56

I aim for terrible - leave constructive for the suggestions board.

Perkins Game profile

Jun 14th 2011, 15:20:40

Originally posted by Drinks:
This thread went from bad to terrible. Some of the responses were good though

i prefer your original post

Jun 18th 2011, 21:10:25

did lincoln take a vacation?

last post was around the 8th.
i do not see lincoln, Sam I Am.

Drinks Game profile

Jun 22nd 2011, 1:21:52

Perkins:
I changed my original post cause it had pretty much been said already. So didnt want to be repeating everyone.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

ZIP Game profile

Jun 22nd 2011, 15:40:09

i think he is still around - some asshat gs me out of the top 10 last set, didn't break me, just killing my troops to drop my nw, and he was way low ranked - something he would do
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Fatty Game profile

Jun 23rd 2011, 1:32:26

GDI SUCKS

GDI SUCKS

GDI SUCKS

Wanted to make sure the mods understood my perception of GDI clearly in case I stuttered.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.