Verified:

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2011, 6:38:09

The Express Server seems to be full of total jerks now with crude and disgusting names who just want to gang up and destroy netgaining countries that haven't even attacked anyone. I wouldn't recommend the game to any of my friends or to any younger players the way things are going. The forums aren't much better. Its pretty sad to see the type of people that are dominating the game now and wrecking it. I think the moderators should consider reviewing the people here and permanently banning people with no intention of playing the game with any spirit of honour whatsover.

Jiman Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 7:03:00

This game has many aspects. It has War and it has 'Netting'. Without one or the other, both would be meaningless. Netting without being suicided on are being attacked is a difficult task, and its apart of the game.

It also makes reaching the top even more sweeter. Multiple people are able to do it, why not you? It seems to me that you are annoyed you were suicided on. Did you attempt to go into GDI as a form of protection if you wanted to net?

Remember that this is primarily a war game, and warring takes presidence over netting. It always has. Always will. It isnt just about netting. Its about the interaction that players have with one another.

I am diffently not saying that the game is perfect in its current form for express. Not at all. I am saying though that if you had your way you would run this game into the ground and ruin it for everyone else.

Get over yourself.

dagga Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 7:30:31

I got hammered 24 hours out from the end of the reset out of the blue. Took about 40 missiles in the butt and a heap of BR - it goes with the territory if you play this server. It adds to the unpredictability of it and you have to take it with a grain of salt.

There will always be retards in Express, you will not be able to change that.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

m a K a r o n i

Apr 11th 2011, 7:46:17

this is the first time i played express or empires for that matter and i had lost 9k acres to missile attacks past mid point of game. Where's the lesson? ahhh i needed sdi! i am sure u can learn some lesson; even if it's that this game doesn't fit you and your wasting your time waiting for it to fit u, adapt?

-just my weekly post

IXNeo Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 9:18:11

m a K a r o ni, just join gdi if you dont wanna be suicided. Dont double tap and there will be no need to get sdi.
IXNeo
Illuminati X
Division: EoS

caffeineaddict Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 10:39:54

I think if you look at http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/203/82 you might get why some people have a problem.
Here's another... http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/203/149

Liar Liar (#82) looks like (s)he should be banned from this server.
As (probably) should TP 4 My Bunghole (#149)

Double taps deserve a retal, but when someone, eg Liar Liar, just attacks 3 countries (killing 2) just a couple of days into the reset without any attacks having been made on him it seems a bit too much.

Only 1 reason I'd find it acceptable is if those pleyers had made an agreement that they'd war against each other from the start.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 13:28:35

Since many people keep overlooking this comment...

GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI - GDI

If you join GDI, and you only attack people once OR go all-x (as most of you complaining are saying) YOU CAN'T GET SUICIDED ON!

Ravi Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 14:01:43

Looks like #82 did some good work...complete solo kills, which the Mods have said is acceptable on this server. I'd be more concerned with the countries that killed it. If they were working together in game then they did some good work. If they worked outside the confines of the game to plan the kill they would be in violation of the rules stated by the Mods. I assume you would call for their banishment from the server?

The King said it best...GDI GDI GDI!

Helmet Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 14:32:58

Join GDI - never attack grab someone more than once for the entire game (1 attack per country for the round). Problem solved. If you do this, the only thing you have to worry about is people stealing your tech or cash.

Apr 11th 2011, 14:48:05

I don't have a problem with someone that wants to suicide. What bothered me in this case is #82 just killed 2 people without having been attacked by anyone. Perhaps I have a different definition but this is not a case of #82 committing suicide.

Suicide is attacking to damage or kill a larger opponent knowing that you could/should be squashed.

If we look at the first country killed, #146... this country probably built many cs and explored its way to 345 acres. This could have been a new player that looked on these boards and saw that having a high bpt was a good thing. Instead of being able to learn anything of running a country, this player has probably just come out of protection and could have possibly left the computer for lunch. Between 12:35:05 and 12:38:43 this country has been destroyed.

4 minutes later the second country is killed.

It just seems bizarre that the express server would be sold on the wiki as:
"The Express Server is for those who like it fast! With the fastest turns of all the other servers this server allows you to try new strategies in days not weeks. This is a great server for beginners because you can mess up your country and start over in a few days. "

It is not for beginners.

I don't know what stopped #82 from countinuing the attack on 3 2 1 (#130) did well to recover and come in 11th.

And yes, if you could show that the other countries worked outside the confines of the game to plan the kill then they should be banned too.

I haven't overlooked GDI.

braden Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 14:52:40

i have lost two million bushels to food stealers every reset for the past two or three.

all in all, it's far better than being drawn into a war. thank you, gdi.

Ravi Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 15:05:34

I'm not seeing an issue here. This is an individual server. People can net, war, test strats or do whatever on their own. Why does somebody need to be attacked first before going to war or killing another country? By your logic all wars on the other servers can only go forward if both alliances agree to war.

I'm against a wolfpack mentality on Express. But whatever a single country wants to do by themselves seems to be fine IMO.

I think you are overlooking the GDI.

Kingme Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 15:22:25

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
I don't have a problem with someone that wants to suicide. What bothered me in this case is #82 just killed 2 people without having been attacked by anyone. Perhaps I have a different definition but this is not a case of #82 committing suicide.

Suicide is attacking to damage or kill a larger opponent knowing that you could/should be squashed.

If we look at the first country killed, #146... this country probably built many cs and explored its way to 345 acres. This could have been a new player that looked on these boards and saw that having a high bpt was a good thing. Instead of being able to learn anything of running a country, this player has probably just come out of protection and could have possibly left the computer for lunch. Between 12:35:05 and 12:38:43 this country has been destroyed.

4 minutes later the second country is killed.

It just seems bizarre that the express server would be sold on the wiki as:
"The Express Server is for those who like it fast! With the fastest turns of all the other servers this server allows you to try new strategies in days not weeks. This is a great server for beginners because you can mess up your country and start over in a few days. "

It is not for beginners.

I don't know what stopped #82 from countinuing the attack on 3 2 1 (#130) did well to recover and come in 11th.

And yes, if you could show that the other countries worked outside the confines of the game to plan the kill then they should be banned too.

I haven't overlooked GDI.

If it's only one person and one country causing the problem, it's completely legit. They can do anything they want, it is their country after all. While I don't agree with killing, suiciding, or doing harmful attacks on a country for no reason; people have a right to play this game anyway they choose.

Also, I completely disagree with your statement about this not being a server for beginners. If that truly was a new player, do you not think they will research into GDI this set? or learn from their mistake and get bigger before logging out?

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 16:04:41

This server has built in safety nets to keep people from being killed, if you get killed it is because you got greedy, and tried to play with-out the safety nets!

btw,

Express is quickly becoming my favorite Server.
but don't mind me I only play for fun!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

trainboy Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 17:49:35

Heh I was the little one with high bpt I am new who can help me lar?

lincoln

Apr 11th 2011, 18:27:40

With respect to the mods allowing crude names, I agree that they should be stricter.
However the racist and homoerotic names are actually at an all-time low. This forum is cleaner and friendlier now than at any time since I started playing last spring.
The reason that the number of players and NWs are soaring is that the admins have finally cleansed both the game and the forum of an insidious malignancy.

FoG

Fatty Game profile

Apr 11th 2011, 18:40:15

Makoroni:

How many countries did you double/triple tap for land?

Everyone like you whines about missiles "out of the blue" 40 missile butt pummeling... What they don't tell is what they did to others.

I can share this. If someone double taps me, they are a parking lot. Triple tap and my allies join the gang bang.

Treat others with respect and you people won't have issues.

Go cry elsewhere.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

m a K a r o n i

Apr 12th 2011, 3:18:58

Fatty,
i am not crying, i said i enjoyed this set on this server, i stated i had learned a lesson to get sdi, and the other lesson to join gdi. I had done some double taps but the 2 guys who hit me with missiles i had done a single land grab on, check my stats on eestats, #147.

btw i am playing next set too

Fatty Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 4:57:51

Makaroni,

You were 4th in number of missiles launched,

You should be banned!

http://www.eestats.com/...ss/oldtoptencountries/203

~Fatty~

STUBBS Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 5:10:37

y is every one offended by the names most of the time they consist of words that come out of your mouths with no remorse dotdotdot what makes a bad word bad ne way

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Apr 12th 2011, 8:20:23

well i just went thru all the country names and i dont see anything worth changing or banning
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Apr 12th 2011, 11:20:53

On reflection I've sort of had a change of thought...

I don't have a problem with someone attacking - even unprovoked. I appreciate the fun involved in being in a war. If you're netgaining and you don't want the risk of being suicided on then you should be in GDI.

I hadn't overlooked GDI... I'd overlooked Getafix's issue of being a netgainer and being attacked.

Ravi said:
Looks like #82 did some good work...complete solo kills, which the Mods have said is acceptable on this server.

I'm not sure I understand why you think this is the case. Any idiot can, without much skill, take down a country in express. The number of turns that can be accumulated and played in a short time allows this to be the case. A country, of small size may defend itself with a few thousand turrets with the, obviously wrong, assumption that it is unlikely to be attached. The attacker simply has to buy/produce enough jets/troops to do a kill run.

This is senseless other than to acheive malicious fun on the part of the attacker.

I think my main problem is that these kills had no real skill/strategy involved. 8 minutes to achieve 2 kills...

Kingme said:
Also, I completely disagree with your statement about this not being a server for beginners. If that truly was a new player, do you not think they will research into GDI this set? or learn from their mistake and get bigger before logging out?

Fair enough. I would't want everyone agreeing with me. It would make for a boring life.
I'm a tenacious sod. If someone did that to me, I'd want to try again and again until I was happy that I'd tried my best. If I'm still crap, then so be it. I might just leave at that point.

I'm just concerned that others aren't quite as stubborn as I am, will face this situation and give up before being able to have a proper try. Perhaps that's the sort of person that shouldn't be playing this game.

Anyway, wall of text. Sorry. If you read it, well done.

Have fun.

paulie Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 11:44:55

i like your post. fun is what its all suppose to be able, not this ones rules, that ones rules, etc.. FUN. build your country to defend. me.. i just have fun
FOG!!

Kingme Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 13:31:35

Originally posted by caffeineaddict:
On reflection I've sort of had a change of thought...

I don't have a problem with someone attacking - even unprovoked. I appreciate the fun involved in being in a war. If you're netgaining and you don't want the risk of being suicided on then you should be in GDI.

I hadn't overlooked GDI... I'd overlooked Getafix's issue of being a netgainer and being attacked.

Ravi said:
Looks like #82 did some good work...complete solo kills, which the Mods have said is acceptable on this server.

I'm not sure I understand why you think this is the case. Any idiot can, without much skill, take down a country in express. The number of turns that can be accumulated and played in a short time allows this to be the case. A country, of small size may defend itself with a few thousand turrets with the, obviously wrong, assumption that it is unlikely to be attached. The attacker simply has to buy/produce enough jets/troops to do a kill run.

This is senseless other than to acheive malicious fun on the part of the attacker.

I think my main problem is that these kills had no real skill/strategy involved. 8 minutes to achieve 2 kills...

Kingme said:

Fair enough. I would't want everyone agreeing with me. It would make for a boring life.
I'm a tenacious sod. If someone did that to me, I'd want to try again and again until I was happy that I'd tried my best. If I'm still crap, then so be it. I might just leave at that point.

I'm just concerned that others aren't quite as stubborn as I am, will face this situation and give up before being able to have a proper try. Perhaps that's the sort of person that shouldn't be playing this game.

Anyway, wall of text. Sorry. If you read it, well done.

Have fun.

I survived and quoted the wall of text!

I think your new outlook is right, there will always be idiots in this server. Or at least people I think that are idiots :)

From most of the conversations i've had with newer players, they get burned the first set, learn about how GDI really works, and then move on to the next set to be much more successful.

Fatty Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 17:40:03

I'm having a blast on this server.

I wish they would extend it to a week long. That would be great.

GDI does need to be corrected as it does give free attacks on the little man.

~Fatty~

izapimp Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 19:37:01

Makaroni received 43 missiles not give.
-maKaroni

Fatty Game profile

Apr 12th 2011, 21:09:25

makaroni also farmed hell out of a lot of folks.

People don't take kindly to being farmed.

~Fatty~

Deerhunter Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 1:28:41

I wish it was 24 hours and a turn every minute. 100 turns and 100 stored. It would make it very fast paced.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Jiman Game profile

Apr 13th 2011, 3:16:12

I FOUND DEERHUNTER PEOPLE!

*pounces*

Apr 13th 2011, 3:28:25

why did you do that?, you know how hard it was to lose him?
but what do i know?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2011, 4:23:29

OK, I have joined GDI :) Caffeineaddict is a tenacious sod :)
And I may kill someone this set, Rep Casher is boring. Beware of Australian Dictatorships!

Apr 16th 2011, 4:29:37

GDI is a trap!!!
It keeps you from The Joys of being a Rebel!
but what do i know?

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 19th 2011, 6:56:53

The real players left this server to the fluffes ages ago - if you stick around for it, you don't have much room to complain. There's plenty of other servers in which the dynamics don't encourage being a douche.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2011, 21:19:26

I guess you're right NOW3P, but I can complain a bit if I want, like when my country which was doing quite nicely and not hurting anyone got killed by a group of 5 players because it was in the top ten. Anyway, I still enjoy Express. I will just join GDI, build up a strong country with netgaining my skills and effort, and landgrab one shot at a time I think.