Aug 12th 2016, 22:34:42

As topic says

CGiboney Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:48:28

They are still new to me as well..

Unholy Monks

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:56:01

Few things...if you're newb you can generally get an idea by checking news and seeing them be farmed without retalling(most humans would go ape with this kind of abuse).

Also, bots are programmed to be around 240 CS...you'll start to recognize this if you look for it. It may be a few CS's under if they've been hit.

Bots have a high Turns Used because they run frequently on express. Bots don't sit on 300 turns...that's someone playing lazy, playing a late start, or waiting for some doofus to landgrab them for low land so they can retal later for more

Bots don't get tech outside of business/residential/military/their strat tech. So if you see things like weapons, warfare, etc. it's a clue they're not a bot.

mrford Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:58:14

Is the naming scheme the same as well? I havn't paid attention to bots in a couple months.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Kingme Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 1:58:48

- They never join GDI
- They have odd military makeup.
- They NEVER attack
- Their names are generated from random words.

Watch the vets, they're pretty good at spotting... if a country is getting farmed there is usually good reason for it.

Using this set as an example the following countries are most likely bots:
80, 42, 102, 52

ssj4goku17 Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 2:00:16

Yes, all valid. The goofy naming is probably the most obvious, but sometimes mine are goofy too, so make sure you check news and spy lol

CGiboney Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 2:04:22

good stuff!

Unholy Monks

Kingme Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 2:15:24

Originally posted by ssj4goku17:
Few things...if you're newb you can generally get an idea by checking news and seeing them be farmed without retalling(most humans would go ape with this kind of abuse).

Also, bots are programmed to be around 240 CS...you'll start to recognize this if you look for it. It may be a few CS's under if they've been hit.

Bots have a high Turns Used because they run frequently on express. Bots don't sit on 300 turns...that's someone playing lazy, playing a late start, or waiting for some doofus to landgrab them for low land so they can retal later for more

Bots don't get tech outside of business/residential/military/their strat tech. So if you see things like weapons, warfare, etc. it's a clue they're not a bot.

I've found all of that to be true as well.

One other thing I forgot to mention is the naming scheme. From my experience if it's a single word country name it's capitalized. If it's two words, both are always capitalized.

I could be wrong on that though... there might be circumstances were that doesn't happen.

Desperado Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 3:52:19

I've always found them to have 3 word names

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Kingme Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 4:04:53

They can... But they certainly have 1 and 2 as well

lpardess Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 6:08:37

I saw a bot with a few weapons tech so it might be improved there

qwerasdf Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 21:15:48

Yeah definitely the ones getting farmed like mad are bots... lol. If I got farmed like that I'd start a multi empire and AB you to death.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 13th 2016, 22:05:55

Think KoA once pretended to be a bot, just so he'd get to suicide on someone.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.