Verified:

ebert00 Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 14:48:17

I would like to hear other players thoughts on this. But I personally am tired of being bullied into a war or forced to eat multiple hits unless I want to war. I propose the following change:
A second hit with a land grab will break gdi as usual but the country retalling will not break gdi unless they hit back more times than they have been hit by that country.
Example:
Country A PS/SS's country B 4 times.
Country B may now Retal. Country A with PS/SS's up to 4 times without gdi being broken.

eManny Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:01:01

Land trading 8 times or any number of times still ruins the set.
Construction costs, rebuild turns and military losses.

Problem in express is 0 allies with 50% PS strength = no real way to avoid getting hit = get bullied.

Edit: Got hit at 16M turrets, 125% weap tech, Commie. Could have gotten 20m would not have mattered. If someone wants to hit you, they can, so long as they remotely know what they are doing.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2014, 15:03:29

That would benefit a netting govt over a warring govt.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:17:35

First, why do you feel you are being bullied into a war? Call their bluff, and retal multiple times.

Kingme Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:18:06

Originally posted by eManny:

Edit: Got hit at 16M turrets, 125% weap tech, Commie. Could have gotten 20m would not have mattered. If someone wants to hit you, they can, so long as they remotely know what they are doing.

That's pretty crazy... and this was over a single attack? Not a topfeed either?

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2014, 15:24:48

Another advantage of the dictator.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
First, why do you feel you are being bullied into a war? Call their bluff, and retal multiple times.

Because if he retals more than x2- then the 'netting' country has to now pay the costs in sdi, tanks and troops. In which they can no longer do 100% turrets/jets and 0 in sdi. And now- they cant get their top 10 spot.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2014, 15:28:57

GDI on EXPRESS protects you from AB/BR/Missiles so long as you don't atk x2. What's happening is lower net countries are doing multiple taps on the top 10. The higher netting countries fear to retal more than x2 because they don't want to risk getting flattened or risk spending all that $ into defending against a possible massive AB attack. So Ebert00 wants to change the rules so that he can equally retal back without having to invest in tanks/troops/sdi or against spy attacks.

eManny Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:30:46

Nah, I never grabbed the guy, he started it, I retaled then he RoR'd
Going back and forth doesn't solve the problem is my point. Land trading even with ghost acres is just not worth it.

It's way too easy to hit somebody... So if someone wants to bully you they can outright do it.

Edit: Celphi, see my post, won't solve anything. The topfeeds will keep coming and the retals won't change a damn thing lol.

Edited By: eManny on Jul 27th 2014, 15:33:20
See Original Post

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2014, 15:40:03

Aye, I agree with your post.

My posts were directed @Ebert00

ebert00 Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:44:38

A certain country that topfed me then ror'd me had/has 24 missiles. They have hit me 4-5 times now. If I had retalled I would have the following stupid choices
1) sabotage all their missiles costing a minimum of 8 turns and tech sdi to further protect myself. Then buy 500k-1 million tanks and 1-2 mill troops. Then hope they do not use their rediculous spal to just flee my troops or knock down 5000 buildings. As a techer this is not a smart thing to do as I will get further screwed and then the aggressive country succedes in their plan.
2) Retal only once. Although this sucks too. I can try. To outrun further attacks...this hurts the bottom line on costs.
3) farm the guy back and blow up his jets and missiles. Again this completely stops a techer as they lose all income blowing up jets and missiles.

Kingme Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:49:49

You might consider running the same country name every set.

It will take a few sets but start to make a name for yourself. Retal everything, and don't put up with the bullying. Fight back and you'll probably find most will stay away.

You'll sacrifice some sets but it might help. I've tried both ways, I usually stick with a country name until it gets too much "heat" and then i'll switch.

h2orich Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 15:57:29

Kingme, it doesnt work.

The thing is while being at the top, as long as you get hit, a retal would not regain the land/turns you have lost. Retal twice or more and you risk yourself from special attacks/ABs.

Yes using the same name deters from top players attacking you, countries like Enterprise NX01 and I R Wog Superfly is the 2 countries I never hit because they will go all out to retal. But it doesnt stop people from top feeding you. So it doesnt work.

UpTheIrons Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 18:32:30

Remove attacks from express, problem solved!

Collzaboration Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 18:34:36

Originally posted by Kingme:
You might consider running the same country name every set.

It will take a few sets but start to make a name for yourself. Retal everything, and don't put up with the bullying. Fight back and you'll probably find most will stay away.

You'll sacrifice some sets but it might help. I've tried both ways, I usually stick with a country name until it gets too much "heat" and then i'll switch.

Regardless of name / reputation an all jetter topfeeding you will never get your land back. It is basically just another way to suicide even with the GDI. I saw eb getting hit and was like dang. I spied around a bit found like 5 all jetters and or those that could go all jet.

Edited By: Collzaboration on Jul 27th 2014, 18:36:49. Reason: minor change :P
See Original Post

deezyboy Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 19:25:41

>not stocking missiles, destroying their country and finishing top ten

works for me

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2014, 19:42:33

Originally posted by UpTheIrons:
Remove attacks from express, problem solved!

+1 lol

Kingme Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 20:07:00

Yeah, I learned it doesn't work. If they are a good player.

You get lucky sometimes and they're new and don't fully understand the attacking mechanics.

I've found that even though I never double tap, I can sometimes get some cheap tanks on the PM and lots of weapons tech and it makes them fail.

But you're right. You can't outrun ANYONE if they know what they are doing.

EsSayed Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 21:01:04

ebert ... I saw what happened to you this set. I was so upset that I wanted to ruin my set and kill the a$$hole who did that to you. I was actually surprised that u didn't do it, all in all, ur set is screwed any ways, so why bear this bullfluff?!

As Kingme said, I have been using the same country name for ages now "Orjuwan", and for me it is very simple, I retal ALL attacks on me whatsoever, and if someone double-tabs me or ROR, I will forget all about my set (as a techer) and make sure that they don't get away with it. This have been working fine with me, after people got used to my mentality. Only one time I was RORed and patiently decided not to do anything about it because I was having a very good set, even though I ended top 5 I still regret not doing anything about it.

Like I said ebert, in your example, u shouldn't have let it go, screw one set but let the guy know that u don't take anyone's bullfluff. I'd rather lose a 5-day-set than to get bullied.

eManny Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 21:09:54

I don't think you guys get it, it doesn't matter if the guy loses his buildings or gets killed, his only intent is to ruin your set. That's the idea behind those kind of countries, and there is nothing you can do about it.

The idea that you can defend yourself by retaling is like saying bombing terrorists is going to stop them from being terrorists in the future. It just doesn't work that way. Some people just don't care...

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2014, 21:13:08

EsSayed Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 21:25:56

eManny ... I know what you mean, but u didn't get my point.

I agree with you that "those guys" don't care about their set as we (net gainers) do, but in ebert's example, the guy already screwed up his set, so why let him go with doing that? for the sake of not letting the offender enjoy what he did, I'd rather switch my attention to screwed him up big time than to just let it be and end up with an average finish.

eManny Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 21:43:13

Maybe the offender is looking for attention and ignoring them is best, who knows.

When you have someone that's ruining everyone else's fun time and time again, perhaps other, more permanent tactics need to get employed...

ebert00 Game profile

Jul 27th 2014, 23:40:36

If I finish top 10 I consider that a huge win...

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 28th 2014, 2:18:08

ebert00- I haven't checked if you done this yet, but you should post your suggestions over on B&S board for qzjul read.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Arkuss Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 2:57:29

Add a cool down to what is considered double tapping and breaking GDI. Instead of it breaking GDI in 2 attacks at any point in the set make a time period where if you hit within a window you break GDI but if you let it pass you're open to hit that person again.

silentwolf Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 11:28:41

Originally posted by eManny:
I don't think you guys get it, it doesn't matter if the guy loses his buildings or gets killed, his only intent is to ruin your set. That's the idea behind those kind of countries, and there is nothing you can do about it.

The idea that you can defend yourself by retaling is like saying bombing terrorists is going to stop them from being terrorists in the future. It just doesn't work that way. Some people just don't care...

yeah.. some ppl just dont care.Bad luck if you are at the receiving end.. if the player is good.. its even worse.

THe game can get dull .. so this kinda shake up is good for the system :)

mrford Game profile

Jul 28th 2014, 15:34:29

wahhhhhhh this game aint fair

lets change more fluff!

mentalities like this is why the gameplay is so fluffed up on the clan servers. dont bring that tardedness here too.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 2nd 2014, 11:48:21

Retaliation limits of 1:1 or land:land were developed by clans as policies which provide a framework within which diplomacy between clans can take place. But, of course, people get used to the idea and, as here, want retalling "rules" to have relevance on solo servers.

There is some relevance to 1:1 retals in tourney or express. Whether because of an inate sense of fairness or from familiarity with the alliance server approach, people are much more likely to accept a 1:1 retal w/o flying off the handle.

But that is it's only relevance. There is no right to a retal written into the game. It is enforced (on the alliance server) by clans organising themselves to enforce their policy and negotiating around their policy. To elevate the policy idea from something used in a clan context to something built into the structure of the game would be entirely new - and very destructive of the psychological aspects of solo play.

The reason Ebert makes his suggestion is that he likes to netgain. And he is good at it. As a netter he likes to play techer and he is fair at that. But a techer must protect his land as well as anyone else. If he chooses to go light on turrets to keep his expenses down he should not be surprised when he is grabbed - whether once or multiple times. If he wants to be in a position to threaten dire consequences to anyone who doesn´t politely stick to policies which would allow him to net in comfort then he will do well to play Indy or some other strat which allows him to punish his opponents more effectively than he feels he can playing techer.

The point is that it is not up to the programming of the game to protect netters, it is up to them to use skill in exploiting the programming, and the psychology of their fellow players, to enjoy the freedom to netgain successfully.

Edited By: Furious999 on Aug 2nd 2014, 14:22:50. Reason: stylistic
See Original Post