Verified:

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 5th 2011, 16:40:16

Why is it that Farmers finish so poorly in this server? Food prices were very high throughout this set, I would have expected to see a Fascist in the top 10. And scanning through the past 10 sets I see a similar pattern. I guess I may be missing the farmers that switch to H at the end of the set.

Jiman Game profile

Jul 6th 2011, 19:06:36

It takes time and turns to grow and build stock. You only have 1/3 the amount of turns on this server as you would have on Alliance Server.

elmerjr Game profile

Jul 8th 2011, 11:49:19

when farmers change to theo does it mean that they will sell their bushels or oil at the private market? i guess its a good strat because food and oil usualy become cheap at the end game.

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 8th 2011, 13:03:32

I have never run it, but I would sell them on the public market @ $35 so that demos could buy and resell on their private market and make $1 per bushel. That will beat the best possible private market price you could sell for.

After thinking about it there may be some demos running a farmer too. With the tech advantage they will eventually outperform the F government.

Of course after posting this, it looks like farmer/oilers are scarce this set.

joedro Game profile

Jul 9th 2011, 5:41:34

get rid of the twinkys and the farmers can do better!
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 9th 2011, 18:37:35

Players have won as all-X farmers in the past. It can be difficult because bushels don't necessarily sell quickly, so farmers have to choose between having poor defense for a while or selling their food on their private markets.

The private market bushel food change may have hit farmers a little too hard on this server. I'm looking into it now.

izapimp Game profile

Jul 10th 2011, 0:24:20

I never had played a farmer in express, I think I'll play one as demo next set, all explore. If I can play an all explore rep casher to 18m without breaking a sweat I should be able to make top ten next set as an all explore
-maKaroni

Kingme Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 14:01:07

Originally posted by izapimp:
I never had played a farmer in express, I think I'll play one as demo next set, all explore. If I can play an all explore rep casher to 18m without breaking a sweat I should be able to make top ten next set as an all explore

While I can appreciate someone running an all-x casher to 18m without any issues... I think you'll find it much more difficult to obtain that with a farmer. I hope I am wrong, as I want all the strats to be as balanced as possible.

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 15:00:19

I agree that will be difficult. An express casher has the advantage of playing 360 turns without having to buy defense and thus minimizing expenses. You don't have the same luxury as a farmer because you need to sell. However I would hope the food market will ballance that with larger prices.

braden Game profile

Jul 11th 2011, 22:54:47

"The private market bushel food change may have hit farmers a little too hard on this server. I'm looking into it now."

I think it did, slag. I ran usually rep/casher one and then the next fascist farmer, but now I find with the price lower it is far more difficult to not get farmed the hell out of before I'm able to produce enough bushels where i can both defend myself and still grow. But this might be player deficiency above anything else, so..

izapimp Game profile

Jul 23rd 2011, 21:11:39

i didn't get to play that last set, but this set I am doing an all explore farmer, except i am going to do selective retals =)
-maKaroni

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 23rd 2011, 21:30:25

I agree with Braden - tried to run a farmer last set and walk the fine line between having def and selling at a reasonable price, but ended up getting farmed pretty hard. I like it well enough on the clan servers for stimulating bushel sales, but here it makes life a bit difficult.

Perhaps just make Fasc immune to $29 bushels?

izapimp Game profile

Jul 23rd 2011, 21:34:13

I am on track to make more than 18m as a farmer all explore, although I got farmed pretty bad , only done 2 retaliations so far.
-maKaroni

Iovan Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 7:51:58

So you're the guy selling the beluga caviar this set in place of the usual mcdonalds that my people deserve.

izapimp Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 15:25:36

I did have a hand in it yes
-maKaroni

Jofel Game profile

Jul 25th 2011, 10:22:46

I've played farmers into the top 10 as an all-explorer. But I found that I was lacking money in the vulnerable start-up fase. Still, it's very doable to get 17-18M NW with an all-explorer farmer.
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net