Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 30th 2018, 18:20:57

To blow up missiles....duh!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DirtySquirrel83 Game profile

Nov 30th 2018, 18:21:06

I recruited him for the next wave.

Chutya123 Game profile

Dec 12th 2018, 19:42:21

Originally posted by Naviii:
congrats, AR! you kept your promise of keeping the tech prices up. haha!

So looks like some1 posted on some clan website that they were gonna keep the tech prices high. And other clan members followed. This makes it much easier to follow thru and keep them prices high. An individual without this knowledge and acting alone would have much more difficult time keeping them high all the time without co-conspirators. You dont have to actively collude, just having the knowledge that 1 big player is going to do this, makes others plan & act accordingly, which in turn, makes the 1 big player's job of keeping them high easier. Just like how when Federal Reserve signals its gonna lower interest rate, market participants front run it and already lower it to Fed's desired range even before Fed acts to lower them. Similar concept. With only 2 dozen real human players on this server, 2 - 3 players deciding to keep price of something high can easily do it if they are good.

Not taking anything away from AR or anybody who did well, just saying as long as clan members keep bringing their clan influences and advantages to solo servers its never gonna be a level playing field. In an ideal world, clan leaders & members would self-censor and not post anything that would give themselves or other members any advantages. Clan leaders would enforce policies that go against the individualistic spirit of solo servers. But that would require guts and honesty. Other than that, the only way a non-clan player like myself can level the playing field is by having a gang of 2 - 3 players myself and collude just enough to create certain market outcomes without crossing over into official collusion territory.

Chutya123 Game profile

Dec 12th 2018, 19:46:08

i know this is not much for most, but i finally broke 30M NW and got 6th place. lol! 🙂

Congrats. Its a good achievement. Dont belittle it. I finished at 31 mil. You almost took my spot. Keep it up. Are you playing this set I1? Hope to see you there in top 6 again this set.

AtticusRex Game profile

Dec 12th 2018, 20:39:57

Originally posted by Chutya123:
congrats, AR! you kept your promise of keeping the tech prices up. haha!

So looks like some1 posted on some clan website that they were gonna keep the tech prices high. And other clan members followed. This makes it much easier to follow thru and keep them prices high. An individual without this knowledge and acting alone would have much more difficult time keeping them high all the time without co-conspirators. You dont have to actively collude, just having the knowledge that 1 big player is going to do this, makes others plan & act accordingly, which in turn, makes the 1 big player's job of keeping them high easier. Just like how when Federal Reserve signals its gonna lower interest rate, market participants front run it and already lower it to Fed's desired range even before Fed acts to lower them. Similar concept. With only 2 dozen real human players on this server, 2 - 3 players deciding to keep price of something high can easily do it if they are good.

Not taking anything away from AR or anybody who did well, just saying as long as clan members keep bringing their clan influences and advantages to solo servers its never gonna be a level playing field. In an ideal world, clan leaders & members would self-censor and not post anything that would give themselves or other members any advantages. Clan leaders would enforce policies that go against the individualistic spirit of solo servers. But that would require guts and honesty. Other than that, the only way a non-clan player like myself can level the playing field is by having a gang of 2 - 3 players myself and collude just enough to create certain market outcomes without crossing over into official collusion territory.

Not what happened, I do not collaborate. I do not know navii and only ran into him by chance.

Navii and I briefly spoke in game. If I recall, he was playing Tyr techer, and my demo techer was beating him(and everyone else) in land. He jokingly told me to slow down.

I explained to him my understanding of DRs, and lamented the price of tech, saying I needed it higher. I did not tell him when, which techs, what price, or otherwise suggest he should or could participate. In fact, had he joined it would have hurt my margins. I had to periodically rotate out of techs just to stay ahead of people chasing the prices I created for myself.

As a demo, playing the market is expected. Saying I am going to do so is like saying you're going to click the cash button as a casher. I spent billions buying tech (and food and oil) to floor prices.

Additionally, the relatively few techer bots, and high number of casher bots probably contributed to tech prices as much as anything I did.

You ARE trying to take away from my finish, which I was extremely excited about, by tarnishing it with suggestions of collusion, and have done so since the beginning of this thread. Instead of fluffting on me you should try talking to me.

Chutya123 Game profile

Dec 13th 2018, 9:20:10

"Not what happened, I do not collaborate. I do not know navii and only ran into him by chance.

Navii and I briefly spoke in game. If I recall, he was playing Tyr techer, and my demo techer was beating him(and everyone else) in land. He jokingly told me to slow down.

I explained to him my understanding of DRs, and lamented the price of tech, saying I needed it higher. I did not tell him when, which techs, what price, or otherwise suggest he should or could participate."

That's fine bro. I am not accusing you of anything above. Wow. You are very thorough and precise in your answers. It's great that you are active in in game messages. I am too. I find some of the best moments of the game meeting n talking to new people in game. That's how the good old earth 2025 was when I last played. Navii is a buddy of mine and I trust him. Thank you being gentlemanly with him and others.

I was not saying you and navii were a pair. I was wondering if you posted something on some clan page and had other clan members join on the wagon from there. I said "it seems like" because I was not sure but that's what it looked like the way navii posted it. Think about it from the perspective of some1 who is never a part of any clan and only plays solo. We non clan members have no way of knowing what goes on in clans and what information they share, we can only postulate. And even though I haven't been here long, in the short time I have been, I have seen some funny business by clown members. There was a post a while back here that some clan members acknowledged sharing some info. but finding nothing wrong with it. My point was to bring out how that kind of activity can be wrong.

"In fact, had he joined it would have hurt my margins. "

Your this point is not correct. Yes, if he or any other player you just met in the game half way thru the set, decided to take advantage of the fact that you were trying to keep prices high, he would have to know your price floor and selling price to undercut your price to sell his tech and benefit for this 1 particular kind of transaction. But that's not what I was talking about. I was thinking of this scenario:
Let's say at the beginning of the set You declare within your clan you are back and are going to keep tech prices high this set. You are known to be a good netter and other 3 mediocore clanmembers know you will succeed in keeping prices high. Because of this knowledge they plan their set from the begining for high tech prices and adjust their land goal and BPT accordingly. This gives them an advantage.
Secondly all 4 of you gain because of the multiplier effect. On a relative scale, you won't gain much more than the other 3 from high tech prices initially but all 4 of u in the group gain relative to the out-group players. This is because all 4 players trying to push up the prices will reduce the spread available to any 1 player but will move up the lowest price point and the highest price point thus resulting in an overall high average prices. I.e. Let's say if you were doing it alone, you would buy at 1500 and sell at 2500 and when 4 of u do it, you buy at 3100 and sell at 4000. So even though your spread is 900 instead of 1000, the high tech prices on the absolute scale are beneficial to you. You can move the money into other tradable assets and force bigger market squeezes there because you are starting out with a bigger amount of money. You know how to use the money better than the other three, so you will end up much higher NW than the other 3. And those 3 will end up lower than you but higher NW than they otherwise would have. Thus all 4 benefit from this compared to the out-group players. With you benefiting the most. The double whammy is that the higher absolute value of tech prices i.e. 4000 help you four guys ever more because you have the correct landsize, BPT, growth trajectory and teching pattern for it. If you had gotten landfat and start spending your turns teching late in the set, you would benefit from both high tech per turn (TPT) and high tech prices vs an out group player who has less acrages and spent his turn teching at a lower TPT based on a normal historical pattern of low i.e. 1500 and decreasing tech prices at the end of the set. This further reduces tech supply on the market and feeds into the cycle of ever increasing prices. Making it easier to hold the higher prices.
Of course you have to have a good exit point and I know there are more complexities and variables involved. But you can't just say that it's a negative. It can go either way positive or negative. You can ride the wave on the way up and benefit from it hugely. The only way it can go wrong is if the other 3 chicken out. Or if you and the other 3 have hugely different ideas about what constitutes high tech prices. It all depends on whether all in the in group believe in your capacity to keep prices high. And I started this scenario with clanmembers believing in your capacity to keep prices high, that's why I thought this scenario plausible.

" I had to periodically rotate out of techs just to stay ahead of people chasing the prices I created for myself. "

That's how it always it. I do it too. It's s game of whack a mole.

" As a demo, playing the market is expected. Saying I am going to do so is like saying you're going to click the cash button as a casher. I spent billions buying tech (and food and oil) to floor prices. "

Of course it is. No1 is against a solo player playing the market. That's what we are supposed to do. The spirit of what I am saying is that it should always be a single player competing against other single players. without knowledge of others to keep it from being unfair. Think about it. If 2 big players declare & decide to play a certain way, that's enough to tilt the game play for rest of the server in the direction they want. Depending on how their relationship with rest of their friends is, they can almost dictate a market outcome by Fiat. That's why it's best policy for clan members to not share info. about their countries or play strategies on solo servers, at least not in the beginning of the set.

From the Navii's post I thought you said something along the lines of of "I will play a techer this set, let's keep tech prices high" in your clan. Which is why I made this post. In your introductory post you mentioned you came back because bc a couple of your friends asked you to play. So I assumed you were a clan member. I saw tech prices as high as I have never seen So I assumed the above plausible scenario might have happened. I know, I assumed. My bad.
I know AssUMe makes an ass out of u & me.

"You ARE trying to take away from my finish, which I was extremely excited about, by tarnishing it with suggestions of collusion, and have done so since the beginning of this thread. Instead of fluffting on me you should try talking to me."

Only a dedicated netter knows what a netter goes thru. I know that exciting feeling man. What for do we play this game, if not a little recognition mixed with some fun? We do all the we calculations, put in the time & effort for a week hoping for a big payoff at the end. And when it's wrongly denied, it's a big injustice. It's like stolen honor. I sincerely apologize for that. It was never my intention to put down some1 who deserves to be honored and congratulated. I was just looking out for any undeserving vermin. You did a good job of market buyouts, I have never seen any1 hold up prices that efficiently, for that long. You say it was a mix of unique bot conditions and you but I will never know until I have a large enough sample of sets with similarly unique bot conditions. I congratulate you for the win and the finish. That was a good show and hope you keep on putting out good performances!

Edited By: Chutya123 on Dec 13th 2018, 15:29:32
See Original Post

AtticusRex Game profile

Dec 13th 2018, 16:31:21

Sorry for being grumpy.

I did come back for alliance, so correct there. And we do nerd out a little bit discussing the alliance market. Those discussions did inspire my express attempt, but express isn't discussed. We only had 3 members until this week, actually, and I don't know if the others play anything but alliance.

I think it was a little bit of a perfect storm. I started looking at bot mix because prices were so terrible last set. I didn't realize going in that there was a favorable mix.

I was fattest by far for a long time that reset, caught a huge sale overnight. Played the lottery and sold a bunch high 4ks. From then on I had my hands in everything and spent a lot of time in game managing prices.

I'm a nerd. I save a bunch of screen shots so I have points of comparison (old e2025 habit). If you have Line I can show you some of what I was doing.

Chutya123 Game profile

Dec 13th 2018, 17:40:12

Originally posted by AtticusRex:
Sorry for being grumpy.

I did come back for alliance, so correct there. And we do nerd out a little bit discussing the alliance market. Those discussions did inspire my express attempt, but express isn't discussed. We only had 3 members until this week, actually, and I don't know if the others play anything but alliance.

I think it was a little bit of a perfect storm. I started looking at bot mix because prices were so terrible last set. I didn't realize going in that there was a favorable mix.

I was fattest by far for a long time that reset, caught a huge sale overnight. Played the lottery and sold a bunch high 4ks. From then on I had my hands in everything and spent a lot of time in game managing prices.

I'm a nerd. I save a bunch of screen shots so I have points of comparison (old e2025 habit). If you have Line I can show you some of what I was doing.

Thanks for being so amicable. I am the same way, I like playing with numbers and projections. We could be best buddies!
Yes, that was a favorable mix and conditions, you will definitely, definitely won't see that kind of tech prices often. I haven't seen it in 3 months I have played here. You were landfat early and that helped you with high TPT and high high tech prices. Yeah, I saw you do the tech sale at 4000. You managed prices well on the last day.

Would love to compare notes and have fun with numbers with you. Are you on IRCCloud?

Chutya123 Game profile

Dec 13th 2018, 17:42:57

Originally posted by AtticusRex:
Sorry for being grumpy.

Ok, just downloaded line app on my cell phone. Figuring out how to use it now.