Verified:

elmerjr Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 8:20:55

Hmm wat do u mean by -35% Maximum technology of theo and 10%maximum tech of the demo? and y is it that some people prefer to use theo as techer when it got a -35% maximum tech?

Rockman Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 8:25:18

Because tech effectiveness/maximum has zero effect on tech production.

Iovan Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 8:56:43

There are too many theo/techers (or techers in general) please don't make one.

elmerjr Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 10:34:12

Originally posted by Rockman:
Because tech effectiveness/maximum has zero effect on tech production.

how about the commie's 25% tech effectiveness. wats the difference between tech effectiveness and maximum tech?

Iovan Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 10:54:14

A techer produces technology to sell it on the market for money. So the maximum amount of technology you can have or the effect it gives you personally don't matter much in that regard.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 7:59:19

I think what elmerjr wants to know is why people choose to be theo techer rather than demo techer simply because of the max tech cap for the said govs.

To answer your question, like iovan said, you produce tech to sell and not for your own country usage so max tech is pointless. Most people choose theo for a numbered of reason, ie they have fastest bpt in the game and in plain terms it means less turn on construction site and more turn teching = more money. Another common reason is that theo could switch to mbr reseller for destock without the need for gov switching at the end.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

elmerjr Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 8:51:31

thanks TNT! now i got it! im trying demo tech now and i think it cant barge in the top 10 early game unless it has lots of land. maybe theo tech is better. hmm when u switch to mbr reseller does dat means u will convert ur buildings into military base or just simply buy military tech?

Pain Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 16:29:35

when you switch to MBR you have to build mil bases, otherwise it isnt an MBR (military base reseller).

the bonus to theo is also the lowered private market prices over other govts even without MB's

as far as your commie tech question, all that bonus does is makes it so it takes 25% less tech to hit the maximum tech bonus percentage.

for example if it takes a repulic 200K tech points to hit 180% business tech, it would only take 160K tech for a commie to hit 180%
Your mother is a nice woman

133tz Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 22:02:01

Originally posted by Pain:
when you switch to MBR you have to build mil bases, otherwise it isnt an MBR (military base reseller).

the bonus to theo is also the lowered private market prices over other govts even without MB's

as far as your commie tech question, all that bonus does is makes it so it takes 25% less tech to hit the maximum tech bonus percentage.

for example if it takes a repulic 200K tech points to hit 180% business tech, it would only take 160K tech for a commie to hit 180%

I thought that commie tech effectiveness means that there is a bonus of whatever tech percentage you have so if you are at 100%, then your effectiveness is 125%...
I am an EE noob.

Pain Game profile

Aug 6th 2011, 22:52:01

nope. you just get more tech effectiveness with less actual tech.

ZIP Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 14:38:12

i like to run theo techer and tech only bis / res. theo gets a 50% bonus in pop and even though you are selling tech i am still making bout 1 mil cash/turn so that adds up in the end too.
also yes no switching gov't to destock
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

AndrewMose Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 14:57:33

I think that Zip brought up something very important to consider. Even though you are selling tech you still benefit from it before you sell it (especially in express when you run large batches of turns before selling). However the counter to this is that a Democracy can sell Agriculture and Industrial (which normally are higher priced) and save 6%. So there are tradeoffs.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 11:00:19

But all that said it still depends if you get suicided or if a commie indy decides to enrol you into his farm list =D

Iovan Game profile

Aug 8th 2011, 23:55:40

TNT that should happen more often to level everything and force people to run adequate defenses instead of running as lean as possible and inviting attacks.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 14:13:35

lean defense just invites land grabs.. In express.. all you need is not join gdi and u'll get suicided on for no reason.. Even if you have gdi there are ways to just ruin your peaceful netting set.. I've been there :/ aint funny but thats the way it is and we all have to just deal with it..

and btw if poster asked that kind of question, then it is my responsibility to remind the poster that he/she should join gdi regardless unless you're out to ruin other peoples set. I dont see any reason not to join other than that lol

Pain Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 15:49:16

the key to doing well in express is having good allies. the last time i got top 10 was because i had 3 good tech allies and 2 good defense allies.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 16:17:16

If the key word is KEY.. then i think the key word should be GDI.

Iovan Game profile

Aug 9th 2011, 19:24:48

I too think people should join GDI if they want some protection. I don't agree that the suicide situation is as bad as some people complain though. My original point though is that most people trying to net as much as possible cut corners to do so. It's been legitimized and protected (to a degree) and when that is disrupted people complain. Instead of complaining they shouldn't cut corners on their defenses.

Pain Game profile

Aug 10th 2011, 7:49:19

GDI is a given. if you dont use it youre either stupid, or just looking for trouble.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Aug 10th 2011, 12:57:50

Originally posted by Pain:
GDI is a given. if you dont use it youre either stupid, or just looking for trouble.

like the man said