Verified:

DonutFarm Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 21:59:27

Howdy all, I've been doing pretty well as a casher, but think I would do better if I have some allies. In express I've had fun netting and haven't fluffed around with warring yet. :) Send me a message if you'd like to ally up

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 17th 2011, 22:35:04

Heavy SPAL?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DonutFarm Game profile

Oct 17th 2011, 23:48:20

k.. what?

mdemon Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 1:01:57

lol, he's asking if you will be having lots of spies. He's interested in an intel alliance.

DonutFarm Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 15:53:39

Thanks, Still new to everything since 2025..
Not usually though, I just try for enough to not get plowed.

mdemon Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 16:00:57

oh great, Wb then, just a small petition, If you lg and you get retal, take it like a man. If you get lg, retal with lg not with tanks.

GL !!!

oh yea, note that Rep/Casher doesn't do that good in this server. It attracts Land grabs (lg).

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 16:02:54

Imo if you get landgrabbed and you get retal, Retal on Retal is acceptable in some circumstances :D:D
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 19:00:44

RoR is almost never acceptable. You will almost always have to live with the consequences. You either try diplomacy, hope it ends there, or go to war.

Most people I've seen with the mentality of RoR never end well in that set.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 19:11:15

Live with the consequences then. In some cases, RoR is needed.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 19:21:26

Tell that to the guy that RoR on Rob last set. Or the guy that RoR on Phreak4Life. It almost never ends well. But if you have a thing for parking lots then I guess you have a thing for parking lots.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 19:29:33

Those guys both deserved what they got. Rob got attacked 4 times in a row. Tifflin had double tapped Phreaker before being retaliated on, and then hit Phreaker a third time before getting parking lotted. Those aren't the types of cases I'm talking about.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 19:32:28

Explain the type of case you are talking about then.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 19:35:02

Like when you hit a guy for 100 acres and then later on he goes mega jets and hits back for 2000 acres. He's set you back incredibly and does not have near the defense to protect himself from you. In those cases, don't just bend over for him. Take some of that land back. If it means war, it means war, so what.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 19:35:37

Whatever your explanation will be, I can guarantee you that for every blid out there that says 'some RoRs are warranted' there is someone else that will say 'how dare you even think of hitting me, both our sets are over!'. You can make up any rules you want to play by, but the rules of your game can be determined by the rules of your opponent.

The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 19:38:45

Guys have hit me and got DH and I have retalled them for 2k acres and we moved on. The land is plentiful out there, the game doesn't start and end between the both of you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 19:39:35

But then again, I expect someone will make an example out of you fairly soon.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 19:46:18

Let them.

I'm not talking only about acre exchange here either... if I hit you and got DH, and you hit back for 2k acres, I would move on if we were similar countries.

But if you sold all your turrets to do the retal and left yourself extremely vulnerable, THEN I'd likely take my land back. It's the "suicidal" retals that I don't wanna let fly. And if it means war, so be it. If only everyone thought like me, these land thieving pests would go away.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 19:58:00

"land thieving pests"??? You say this after "thieving" his 100 acres? LOL!

The present value in turns of your 2000 acres is probably his 100 acres. Or rather, the future value of the 2000 acres you lost was the 100 acres you took from him. The 100 acres you took from him helped you get to your current size.

Everywhere else I would say your theory works, but not in Express. The rate that turns come in is an equalizer like no other.

I have personally witnessed, on more that one occassion I might add, Rob grow at amazing rates after long stretches of seeming inactivity, so all I'm going to say to you is good luck with that. I would like to say hope you don't get lotted, but I have a feeling you will be.

Even in Express with its high turn rate, a good war player will demolish you no matter how good you think you are. 133tz witnessed that 1st hand last set.

Edited By: crest23 on Oct 18th 2011, 20:00:37
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 20:01:46

100 acres can be got back by exploring for about 4 turns.

But we've discussed this last round or before about ObviousTroll hitting shaney.

As I said then, my position is that if you're not even close to having the defense to protect from a retal on retal, you have no business making the retal. The player being retaliated on does not deserve to be -1000 acres to some pissy little guy who can't take a hit and goes bonkers and goes all jets.

You say go ahead and RoR but someone else might say "both our sets are over." Sure, I agree, they may. But I go back one step earlier and say "go ahead and make a retal you can't even come close to covering, but someone may RoR." Ehh? :)

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 20:06:13

I mean, I can see it if you have somewhere near enough defense versus the guy's offense. Maybe not enough, but somewhere in the ballpark. However, if the other guy has the ability to PS back 5x at once, you, the retaler, deserve it if you get it.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 20:09:07

I understand your point. The key to it all is the GDI. After your RoR, his has FS at messing you up.

Day 1 you hit someone for 100 acres.

Day 3 hit retals you for 2000 acres.

Day 3 you RoR him for 1000 acres.

Day 4 (360 turns plus stored turns and hours of waiting and prepping) you log on you your 18K acre country that has just 3K buildings and 10 BPT, (this only because he wants to have fun with you since you messed up his set). Had he wanted you wouldn't be able to log on since your country had been GSed to death.

Edited By: crest23 on Oct 18th 2011, 20:12:07
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 20:10:05

Also, if 100 acres could have been gotten back by exploring for 4 turns, why did you hit him then? You should have just explored for the 100 acres.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 20:10:39

Yeah, maybe that will happen. It already happened to me once that I got nuked by 100 nukes, my first round back since e:2025 a month or two ago. But I still think he deserved that RoR. Those are the breaks.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 20:10:58

Originally posted by blid:
I mean, I can see it if you have somewhere near enough defense versus the guy's offense. Maybe not enough, but somewhere in the ballpark. However, if the other guy has the ability to PS back 5x at once, you, the retaler, deserve it if you get it.

And if you PS him 5 times, you the retaller deserve the empty acres, right?

Edited By: crest23 on Oct 18th 2011, 20:13:22
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 20:12:10

He's small and gets 25 acre per turn. Makes back his 100 acres in 4 turns. I get 250 acres from him after ghosts, and I'm big so exp only 10 acres per turn. Would get those 250 in 25 turns.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 20:13:02

If you PS him 5x back, that's an act of war and if you get a war, yes, you deserve it.

In my case I hit back once, the guy didn't have the tanks or missiles to hurt me, we were both positive in acres after ghosts, but I wasn't in the GDI and got missiled to death by third parties.

Edited By: blid on Oct 18th 2011, 20:15:21
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 20:15:48

Originally posted by blid:
He's small and gets 25 acre per turn. Makes back his 100 acres in 4 turns. I get 250 acres from him after ghosts, and I'm big so exp only 10 acres per turn. Would get those 250 in 25 turns.

But you see the logic there right, it would have taken him 4 turns to get 100 acres, when you could just retal you with MAX 3 turns as a Dem and get 2000 acres.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 20:21:36

Heh, maybe, but that's a near suicidal action if it leaves him undefended. I guess it comes out to where you draw the line of "deserves it." To me, my personal view is that a guy doing a stupid retal like that "deserves" a RoR. The superior country that got jetted out of 2000 acres does not really "deserve" to take crap for doing one more tap and taking back some of what's his. You might not agree with that, but let me make a distinction: "deserve" is not the same thing as "risk." I admit the player doing the RoR may be taking the RISK of eating 50 missiles or a barrage of tanks. I do not think they DESERVE it.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 20:23:29

I had a tech ally last set that was playing tyr tech. He was planning on converting to farmer. I kept asking him if he had switched cause he could only tech intermittently. His only reason for playing that strat that set was because he was staying slightly fat so that he would get hit. He said, the 1st guy that RoR him was probably going to die.

Every day just befor he would start losing turns he would tech a whole bunch, and I mean a WHOLE bunch. He had like 350K warfare tech on like 7K acres. i pitied the fool that would have messed with him.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 20:26:39

FYI, no one RoR him but some guy hit him more than once. And yes got killed.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2011, 20:37:24

I actually think anyone who makes the investment into warfare tech so that they have a ton of missiles has earned the right to not be hit more than once... heh. No matter what the circumstances. That's the point of those missiles, they're a deterrent.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 21:25:27

Yup, as HALLIBURTON found out in Primary. He basically wasted a month and half invested in that server.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Oct 18th 2011, 21:31:36

Originally posted by mdemon:
oh great, Wb then, just a small petition, If you lg and you get retal, take it like a man. If you get lg, retal with lg not with tanks.

GL !!!

oh yea, note that Rep/Casher doesn't do that good in this server. It attracts Land grabs (lg).

A few sets back there was a top rep/casher that deterred grabs by immediately retalling. The message got heard fairly quickly. I think if you know what you are doing you can get away with rep.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 19th 2011, 0:41:15

Originally posted by mdemon:
lol, he's asking if you will be having lots of spies. He's interested in an intel alliance.

Thank you,Bro!,yes,SPAL is Spies Per Acre of Land :) I run it HEAVY,if anyone is using heavy SPAL,PM me :)

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Oct 19th 2011, 0:44:59. Reason: Typo
See Original Post
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!