Verified:

Kingme Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 18:47:39

Beating a dead horse here probably... but we have to make it possible to wall.

These days, a lot of us play on mobile, or at least use mobile to try to wall.

It's very, very difficult to try to wall when you're seeing kills on average at 20-40 seconds. I'm a netter at heart, and I love when I participate in calls that take only seconds, but the other side of it sucks.

I'm going to be pissed when my alert goes off and I still don't have time to wall.

Anybody else?

Marshal Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 19:37:03

early wars = quick kills
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

TAN Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 19:48:05

Yeah I agree with this. It's way too fast. The submit again button is the culprit too. You can kill targets with even high breaks in less than 30 seconds. It takes the fun out of the game when you literally have no chance to get online and defend yourself. We might as well be organizing self-deletions for all the help being able to defend does.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Kingme Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 19:51:19

Marshal, while I agree it makes for quick(er) kills. I'd still say killing in general has become too fast.

Walling always was, and should be, an intricate part of the player experience.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 21:33:13

i agree that killing is too quick. to make killing slow early qz reduced civ losses but that doesn't help much if there are 20+ hitters.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Kingme Game profile

Aug 21st 2014, 21:49:58

Great, everyone agrees! Let's get this fixed!

haha

juice Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 2:58:09

how about increasing DR's more rapidly?

Also, the early wars = faster kills is just not right. i was in several chats last set, late, where we killed large targets in less than 20 seconds.

It takes about 40+ seconds for a text to be received after it is sent. No chance to wall.

maybe make something where a target that is hit more than x number of times within 10 seconds gets increased DRs. and compound this amount.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 7:49:00

Originally posted by juice:
maybe make something where a target that is hit more than x number of times within 10 seconds gets increased DRs. and compound this amount.

This was implemented for about a year. The defender lost drastically less civs for every attack beyond an average of 3 per second over the last 60 seconds or so. It was removed in favour of restart bonuses. Read the announcements on what Fast DR is for the last 2 years of changes.

DarkReturns Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 12:19:21

40 seconds is still a lot more time than back in the day when you can kill someone within 10-15 seconds. I like the way it is now. By the time you log in, put in captcha along with the loading and stuff, it'll be 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes.

Even people who is at their computer will die if you have 20+ people hitting at once. Even in the old DR version that was removed a few sets ago, you still died within 1 1/2 to 2 minutes if done right. Slow enough when you act your computer, but still fast enough to get you before you log on to your mobile device.

I don't think any change should be made. Pick better wars, not server wars. 1 clan vs 1 clan will still have slower hitting and time to recover, but when you have 3-5 clans doing runs on you, you are screwed, no matter how much changes are made.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 16:36:45

Just so you know DarkReturns, my country died in 19 seconds yesterday in the dead of the night.

It took me about 10 seconds to wake up from beeping computer noises, 3-5 seconds to get to the computer, by the time I tabbed to my country in the browser, I was dead. I promptly went back to sleep, wondering why I bothered.

TAN Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 16:47:35

DarkReturns, I think people are thinking more along the lines of Mehul/Swirve days, when killing a country under 1:30 minutes was a pretty good run.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Kingme Game profile

Aug 22nd 2014, 16:58:22

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Just so you know DarkReturns, my country died in 19 seconds yesterday in the dead of the night.

It took me about 10 seconds to wake up from beeping computer noises, 3-5 seconds to get to the computer, by the time I tabbed to my country in the browser, I was dead. I promptly went back to sleep, wondering why I bothered.

This is exactly what i'm afraid is happening incredibly too often. Next time you probably won't even bother.
I think everyone should at least have a chance.

@TAN, that's exactly what I was referring to.

m0bzta Game profile

Aug 28th 2014, 7:46:37

I think if you are in a clan you don't need to be allies to send FA
that would slow down hitting to a crawl
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

midevil.chaos Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 1:05:15

The reality is that if someone stonewalls, they could still die if he's spied again, rushed and then doesn't have time to respond the second time around. Stonewalling itself has become obsolete to a certain extent, unless you catch it (while having two tabs open), defend, switch to the other tab and press on the main menu button continuously to see if they stopped GSing/BRing - OR, you blindly buy troops/turrets in a set pattern (like after each 3 seconds). Ideally, people wanna rush a player, knowing full well he might be online like any other player.