Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 8th 2018, 2:48:08

Raise the pm cost of troops to $160 as base, while lowering the pm regen to 2.7 troops/acre/turn tick as base. (Yes, easter egg intact! If you think I would make such a nub mistake you don't know me. So I will introduce myself; I am Gerdler, hear me roar!)

Increase the industrial complex base production of troops to 2.0/ turn.

In order to balance this increased price I would go for changing the NW of troops to 0.55 and that means we have to raise troop expenses or lower the expenses of all other units. I do not have a number for that but it would be in the range of around 10%.

I would not mind doing something similar with tanks but considering so much of the troop demand in wars nowadays is filled by peoples private markets I would consider troops to be most important.

Reason: Well it's obvious really, if people buy from private market they don't add to market liquidity, with this change more people will need to make decisions like what price and quantity to set SO's at, what price to sell at and so on. Further, every little change that increases the turnover rate in the market makes the game better.

This change will barely affect solo servers in itself. But together with this one, it will:
https://www.earthempires.com/...-tanks-44665?t=1519690105

Edited By: qzjul on Mar 8th 2018, 21:34:21
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2018, 15:57:32

and in the sametime make resellers (non-mbrs) life even worse unless this applies to so called solos only.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2018, 21:27:01

Originally posted by Marshal:
and in the sametime make resellers (non-mbrs) life even worse unless this applies to so called solos only.

What does that mean?

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Reason: Well it's obvious really, if people buy from private market they don't add to market liquidity, with this change more people will need to make decisions like what price and quantity to set SO's at, what price to sell at and so on. Further, every little change that increases the turnover rate in the market makes the game better.

I like the reasoning. It's not a bad idea; I think we'd need to rework some of the game engine to make implementation of this not be a huge fluffshow though.
Finally did the signature thing.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 8th 2018, 21:59:16

but maintaining the easter egg is very important even though the game has changed name. :)

It's one of those things that makes the game worth learning.

So troops have to be 'base replenishment rate/acre'*price=432

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2018, 22:19:23

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Marshal:

What does that mean?

well higher buy price in private market = less gold when sold on public market or need to price goods on higher price to get same profit as before.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 8th 2018, 23:20:30

Unless it expands the upper range for public market prices?
Finally did the signature thing.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 8th 2018, 23:40:37

Resellers will make a smaller profit on troops most likely, but they will sell more readily. They should also make more money on everything else, as indies and indy bots shift more production to troops at those times that the demand for troops is high.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2018, 1:30:40

Originally posted by qzjul:
Unless it expands the upper range for public market prices?

i suggested once that tmbrs (theo mil base reseller) public prices should be increased since its possible that tmbr has to sell under standing order price on public market cause max price to sell is lower than current order(s) so in theory.