Verified:

highrock Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 5:24:29

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, so forgive me if this is a repeat.

Is there a way we can get standing orders to stay even after you run out of money? Just don't purchase anything until you get money. For example, suppose I have $1 million dollars and $500 million worth of tech going on the market. Let's say I want a standing order of $300 million worth of turrets. Now suppose that my order uses up the $1 million I have on hand. Currently the system will cancel the rest of my order because I have no money left. Is there a way to make it so that it doesn't cancel my order, but instead resumes my order once my $500 million of tech sells?
formerly Viola MD

Ozzite Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 5:31:36

So one major flaw with this would be if you were allowed to keep your order in the queue even if you didn't have money.

I would support a system where if you run out of money you are removed from the queue, and when you get enough money back you are added back to the end of the queue, but that sounds like it would be a pain programming
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 28th 2010, 7:13:54

what ozzite said :)
Finally did the signature thing.

DarkReturns Game profile

Aug 28th 2010, 8:11:40

I personally never found Standing Orders that great. Take the fun out of watching the market to rush to get units before someone else...

I mean, if two people want turrets for $150 at the same time... who get priority?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 28th 2010, 8:34:52

it's to keep people from writing scripts that check the market a number of times every second for new goods to buy at a cheaper price.

it actually makes the game run better, for the developers and faster for players b/c the bandwidth isn't being hijacked by market bot writers.

would be interesting to see if there are still any market buying bots still in action
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 28th 2010, 16:49:39

I don't think there are, there's no point; the SO's get a chance to get prices like 30s before they show up on the market, specifically so they're better than running a market bot.

Though for clearing <= 32 bushels you might want a script to keep rotating them... but you wouldn't have to hammer as hard I'd think...
Finally did the signature thing.