Verified:

aponic Game profile

Sep 29th 2010, 21:06:29

It is a nice addition. What would be even nicer is if you could select which goods you were recalling.
SOF
Cerevisi

Detmer Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 0:24:12

Check box next to each type of unit

dantzig Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 1:46:39

Even better would be a checkbox next to each lot of goods on the market. Bonus points for allowing recalls or tech and goods at the same time.
FoG

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 30th 2010, 3:21:22

it was made as a limitation of the feature.

if we let you pick and choose, that makes it too powerful, we thought :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 13:52:46

Originally posted by Pang:
it was made as a limitation of the feature.

if we let you pick and choose, that makes it too powerful, we thought :p

I dunno... it still costs three turns =P

Ivan Game profile

Sep 30th 2010, 23:31:12

its too powerful as its, imo it shouldnt exist or at least take a lot longer then instant recall

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 13:21:19

i've argued that it's too strong since it was put in, Ivan, with no luck.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 13:22:31

tho, i do remember the admins saying that they'd put in a new spyop that could recall goods from an opponet. was supposed to be added at the same time as the recall goods button, but i see how the 'netters' get their way and keep all the powerful ingame tools to themselves.

-iZarcon
EE Developer

Detmer Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 13:52:14

Originally posted by iZarcon:
tho, i do remember the admins saying that they'd put in a new spyop that could recall goods from an opponet. was supposed to be added at the same time as the recall goods button, but i see how the 'netters' get their way and keep all the powerful ingame tools to themselves.

Uh, I find this to be tremendously useful during war as well.

Rufus Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 14:08:22

Originally posted by Ivan:

its too powerful as its, imo it shouldnt exist or at least take a lot longer then instant recall
I too concur. Either get rid of it completely or make the cost like 20-40 turns or so.
I am John Galt.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 14:33:24

I will have an absolute field day when they put that spy op in...I won't even have to stock anything; all I have to do is produce spies all set, wait till just before everyone starts jumping, then steal like 5bil bushels a day or so. A couple weeks after, do demo destock, call it a day.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 16:18:41

ya, the reasoning nukevil states is the reason such an op does not exist...

it was considered, but rejected.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Ivan Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 16:36:07

I dont want a spy op like that either but lets face it recall goods along with the new no 2 bil bug thing and you have just made it imposible to kill wallers

I hate saying it but most of these changes as well as the one i saw planned for changing attacking arent changes im very supportive off

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 16:46:00

but it also makes it easy for people in a KR to recall their goods and buy up to kill wallers

plus the 2B bug change does nothing to change walling, you can still have >>$2B of bushels on hand, so it's the same difference
Finally did the signature thing.

W Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 17:20:34

Originally posted by NukEvil:

I will have an absolute field day when they put that spy op in...I won't even have to stock anything; all I have to do is produce spies all set, wait till just before everyone starts jumping, then steal like 5bil bushels a day or so. A couple weeks after, do demo destock, call it a day.

but there are ways to balance this that should be/should have been explored. for instance, what if the spy op only recalled a random set of items for sale on the market at a time? people could stock in multiple batches and multiple unit types to make it more difficult.

there could also be a spy DR for operations like raid food stores.

not to mention that people could, gasp, get a decentish to mediocre SPAL to defend against ops like this.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 18:28:46

yea but what if you have say only one market item, being like 500M bushels on market....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2010, 18:30:23

and there is a guaranteed 5% chance to break atm anyway for the first 5 hits; ie a 23% chance of breaking with 1 spy in the first 5 hits...

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 1st 2010, 18:52:02

Better yet, why not just have the op steal a small percentage of whatever a country has on the market? Like 1-3% or something (depending on spy tech)? Make it more effective than a GS for bushels; otherwise it won't be used very often (especially with the 50 ops per day limit).

If goods are en route to the market, make a spy op that says something like "hijack market convoy" or something...have it take a small percentage as well.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 2nd 2010, 8:56:56

wasnt saying that i really wanted this op. Just pointing out how something of its sort was said to be added to the game for those more hell bent on wars. many ideas in regards to recalling only a few goods have been mentioned.

I remember pang evev saying it'd make gs get a lot better returns if u could manage to get your opponets market goods sent back.

What detmer said about having this option in regards to war is right. My issue is that this particular game update is too easy and has no real disadvantage to waiting until goods are naturally recalled. in comparison to the time needed to wait for natural recall, three measly turns is a farse. there have been many suggestions for the market to keep a percentage of the goods if you are so desperate that you have to recall early, they have fallen on deaf netters ears....

I'm not the kind of person to play the 'netter' card, but i really feel that market recall is too powerful for all that use it(especially war mongers) and there should be a real penalty for recalling goods early.

Some form of spyop would be trivial for those who want to cause maximum damage to their opponet.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:17:42

you don't think 3 turns is a big enough penalty? only FAing has that high

diez Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 18:23:53

stealing ppl's stuff on market sucks

I had 1.5b food earlier, 1% of it would be 15m bushels per op.

Can't imagine the kind of stolen stock in FFA.

Alicia Game profile

Oct 2nd 2010, 22:03:07

Maybe recall goods could apply only to goods en route to the market :P

Ozzite Game profile

Oct 3rd 2010, 6:13:22

I think something that might be a compromise between the way it is now and being able to have a checklist for recall goods is to allow you to recall the goods in the same groupings they were sold in.
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 4th 2010, 10:54:11

just a stupid idea.. that would make the 3 turn, so called, penalty even worse being able to pick/choose only some of the good sent out to the market...

the only real penalties in using the 3 turns(for those with loads of stock) is the 3 turns decay you get and also there is a bit of penalty using three turns when you have monstrous expenses per turn, but still don't feel it's that great. anyway, if you could choose which groups or even a checklist of what you sent to the market to come back, you could leave your massive stockpile safe on the market, or bring back your stockpile while leaving 25% of your military on the market.. just not a good idea i don't think.

i've suggested before that u only get back a certain percentage of the goods and all the rest disappear forever. but, maybe a compromise there would be for this "recall goods" button to recall a random amount of your goods on the market from maybe 20% to 100% meaning that you have a chance of actually getting 100% but will likely get somewhere around 60% back while the rest stays on the market.

just using 3 turns to recall goods is.. for lack of a better term.. boring. something like this would make some players maybe use 6 turns to get back as much as they really want. simply getting it all back in one go is stupid and
-iZarcon
EE Developer

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 4th 2010, 16:33:26

but... say i have 1B bushels on the market, and i want them all back *now*

should i lose 200M of them for that? what is the point of the recall goods then exactly?

the whole point is to remove the stupidity of having to login at all sorts of weird hours to get your goods to come back synchronized at the same time... days later i might add...

Rufus Game profile

Oct 4th 2010, 20:01:01

Make it 30 turns. AND 20% units/tech points/bushels/barrels lost. That would be fair.

If you log on in the morning and put some stuff on the market for some overoptimistic prices, you just logon later during your lunch break, see that it's not going to fly and you call them back and try again with no punishment whatsoever. Previously if you screwed the market game you had to wait 48 hours (plus the en route time) before you could have another go. 3 turns as it is now is way too cheap.

I am John Galt.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 4th 2010, 20:29:09

30 turns? why not just make it kill 50% your military and land? And destroy all your CS.

Seriously though, it can't be completely ridiculous.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 16:02:35

Originally posted by qzjul:
but... say i have 1B bushels on the market, and i want them all back *now*

should i lose 200M of them for that? what is the point of the recall goods then exactly?

the whole point is to remove the stupidity of having to login at all sorts of weird hours to get your goods to come back synchronized at the same time... days later i might add...

Yes, Because if you want them for destocking synchronized, you can wait, if you need them to wall etc, you should pay for it.

it's the cost of convience, however 20% is high, *most* other game's i've lplayed are about 10-15% loss of goods on recall.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Rufus Game profile

Oct 5th 2010, 18:42:17

Originally posted by qzjul:
30 turns? why not just make it kill 50% your military and land? And destroy all your CS.

Seriously though, it can't be completely ridiculous.

That's a good idea! Add 50% of your tech too.

Seriously though. Maybe my "30 turns" was a bit exaggerated but 3 turns only is by far worse. There has to be a penalty for being able to recall your stuff in an instant and 3 turns is ridiculous. Heck, you get 12 bonus turns per day for doing nothing.
I am John Galt.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 5th 2010, 21:09:38

I think the three turns penalty isn't too much of a penalty when people truly need their goods. I think the better penalty would be to have a time delay. If it takes 4-5 hours to put them on the market, then it should take at least 2-3 hours to get them all back. That way wallers can't get their goods immediately, and destockers are limited on how much they need to keep on hand and how much should be kept on the market.

Ivan Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 18:10:56

Indeed tertius thats what i was thinking as well

Ivan Game profile

Oct 6th 2010, 18:11:14

ie shold have both turns and time delay and not instant