Verified:

Marshal Game profile

Nov 1st 2018, 20:32:18

no1 is interested on cruises.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DancingBear Game profile

Nov 2nd 2018, 0:32:22

Hunter, (et al)

I mean no disrepect to you or any missile market advocate - indeed, i can imagine myself as an advocate if other game balance issues could be addressed, but please explain why you, individually, are an advocate. What do you personally want to accomplish via a missile market? Can you describe scenarios where you are a buyer or seller? Can you say how you expect the average player's experiece playing earth will be improved?

What exactly do you want to do with a missile market such that most players will enjoy earth more?

drkprinc Game profile

Nov 2nd 2018, 15:46:14

Originally posted by Hunter:
Originally posted by Pang:
Definitely not for the Alliance server. I could see doing private-market selling, though!

As many have accurately said, it overpowers FSs, suiciders, and all kinds of behaviours we want to limit.

How do we know that will happen, unless we try for one round and see? Also we could do sales of cruise missiles only.

We already know what will happen its the reason they took missiles off the market in the first place how many times do you have to be told...
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Marshal Game profile

Nov 2nd 2018, 20:40:58

he wants to witness it by himself.

i haven't seen missile market but it ia very easy to guess what will happen if there'll be missile market.

Hunter

Nov 3rd 2018, 9:21:56

Game moderators Please let us sell missiles on the public market.

DancingBear Game profile

Nov 3rd 2018, 11:12:28

Hunter,

If you are unwilling or unable to articulate the purpose of the missile market, no one is going to care.

To me, you are starting to look like a low skill player that wants to make it easier for low skill players to stick it to high skill vets, that is, a suicider type personality, who now wants to troll the boards.

I am waiting for your considered arguments in favor of your proposal.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 3rd 2018, 11:51:20

that will be long wait.

Hunter

Nov 4th 2018, 1:59:12

Game moderators Please let us sell missiles on the public market for the reason of making the game more enjoyable and to expirament to see if "just because everybody SAYS something will happen-doesn't mean it really will"

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 4th 2018, 2:15:30

Originally posted by Hunter:
Game moderators Please let us sell missiles on the public market for the reason of making the game more enjoyable and to expirament to see if "just because everybody SAYS something will happen-doesn't mean it really will"

No. It used to be allowed and was found to be an unbalancing factor. We see no good coming from it and whenever it's brought up it's universally panned by those with knowledge of game mechanics. End of discussion.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

sinistril Game profile

Nov 4th 2018, 2:46:13

TBH, the only one in this thread that's been 100% against it is Marshal who has a lacklustre at best knowledge of game mechanics. It might have been tried before but that doesn't mean it is inherently unbalancing. I'm guessing the price floor was just not properly balanced. I think this could be beneficial to netters and warmongers alike with the right price floor, and it will likely not empower suiciders very much as the costs will be too high to be an effective way to get kills alone. I mean, on the list of things that empower suiciders are ridiculously high restart bonuses that have remained in the game for years. Missile markets are much lower on the scale of things that are disruptive to the game.

If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 4th 2018, 11:45:00

hunter will bring this up again after couple months.

Hunter

Nov 5th 2018, 19:36:03

Game moderators Please let us sell missiles on the public market.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 5th 2018, 20:38:46

as i said earlier.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 6th 2018, 4:35:59

Originally posted by Pang:

No.
End of discussion.