Verified:

dantzig Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 19:52:33

It would be much more interesting :)

Even if there was still a limit to how many times a particular bonus could be selected, one could get +40% attack str for that one retal or LG that they really want to get or +40% spy power to get that one spy op or defend against an assault!
FoG

BlackMamba Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 20:05:51

I'm against stacking. If you want to encourage midfeeding and stuff you have to allow people to attack with a balanced military and get good amount of land while being able to maintain a solid defense against special attacks and having a chance of making a retal bounce.

The more likely retals are successful on similar size countries, the less incentive there is to take the risk of attacking a similar sized country. If you can get 4000 acres and bounce an attack 40% of the time, that is more productive IMO then getting 4000 acres with a 95% chance that the other country will take back 2700 acres.

The more the bonuses stack, the less a country is capable of defending themselves (unless they attack a much smaller country). This had the end effect of attacking the smallest country you can being the safest and most efficient way to grow in land.

Making retals bounce for even size countries IMO has the effect of encouraging risk taking, so that's why I'd be against stacking.

I'd much rather have a military strength bonus for more turns but less powerful. A 5% bonus over more turns is better. There are enough disadvantages on the defensive side already (planned strike +50%, 2 vs 3 def to off ally imit). The first country declaring war having a 10% bonus.

Edited By: BlackMamba on Dec 8th 2010, 20:08:42
See Original Post

Crippler ICD Game profile

Dec 9th 2010, 8:34:02

bonus's should be tierd so 1 day in a row gets you say explore and build, 3 days gets you miltary strength, 5 days gets you the increased productions then something like 15 days you can put your country in a dr shield, lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 10th 2010, 1:37:00

Noone seems to think that regardless of having a third offensive ally, you're still only able to double your military strength. Combine that with the fact that offensive allies' military are often times PS-ed away and useless, and the 3 vs 2 doesnt matter much.

synoder Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 1:49:03

if your allies are PSing all their jets all the time then you should get different allies :) or coordinate attacks times.

Detmer Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 17:58:41

Can't let them stack - just way too powerful that way.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 18:07:18

With the limits on the number of times you could use the bonuses per set, you could only pop +40% attack power once per set. I think that would be great on the individual servers and not at all OP. I can understand the clans' concerns about OP FSs with that ability so maybe that one shouldn't stack on the clan servers.

I don't see a reason why the production bonuses shouldn't stack. Allowing them to stack is the only way that a producer can use all of their bonus points towards production. Otherwise they will have to choose a lame secondary bonus like -food consumption or +PCI. The bonuses could stack in an additive manner so they remain flat +10% bonuses vs gaining 1+% for each bonus stacked.
FoG

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 10th 2010, 18:42:54

mmm they're only for 10 turns though, you could use one for 10 turns, then use the same thing for another 10 turns etc
Finally did the signature thing.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 10th 2010, 19:10:10

Right but you currently get 8 bonus points per day and most servers give you less than 80 turns / day. Once the 2 turns option is gone, producers will have to spend 2-4 of their bonus points on bonuses that might not fit their strategy. Perhaps that's intended. However, being able to boost production by up to 160% for 10 turns could make things interesting. An indy could boost production in order to make a lot of jets for an attack quickly or respond to getting hit by building a ton of units for defense. Deciding how to stack bonus would add to the gameplay strategy.

The current system basically always boosts production by 10% and then gives players 2-4 points to use on other things. Having production increased by a constant 10% across the board will boost NWs but doesn't seem to add much additional strategy to the game.
FoG